[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 124 KB, 425x300, Gaddafi_in_London.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7709950 No.7709950[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How is asos's quality when it comes to jeans, trousers and the like?

Compare it to what I typically wear which is Levi 511's.

>> No.7709990

>>7709950
compared to levis theyre bad
but for the price theyre p good

youll get a good years wear out of them

the builds on the shirts
are fucked tho

>> No.7710013

Yeah I'm pretty rough on my levis, I might add. Do they run particularly small?

>> No.7710086

Is there anything asos brand that I should avoid?

Past the shirts perhaps

>> No.7710101

>>7710086
I'd like to know this as well as I'm about to buy one of those duffle coats.

>> No.7710118

It seems that the consensus on asos is that if you are buying their more expensive stuff they are pretty good, but their basics suck.

>> No.7710124

I once bought a pair of skinny stretch jeans from asos, it didn't feel anything like denim. It was like plastic. I couldn't bear to wear it outside the house, it was so horrible. That was enough for me, I'm never buying any asos brand again

>> No.7710143

>>7709950
I bought asos skinny jeans a while back. Slept in them for one night and they ended up hella stretching out in the waist by the next morning. Now I know this happens with a lot of jeans brands but it left a bad tase in my mouth since the internet constantly says asos = bad and I didn't listen

>> No.7710156

I've never shopped there but all the shit they have on sale is really fucking cheap, man.

>> No.7710170

shopping exclusively for the actual quality of the fabric is autistic-tier. you could buy 10 cheap asos shirts for the price of a designer shirt. as long as it fits well, who gives a shit if it gets worn out easily. just buy 2 or 3 of them

>> No.7710201

>>7710170
this

>> No.7710205

I bought a bunch of clothes off of them recently. I only spent good money on other brands, but also bought a lot of their dirt cheap shirts. A pair of cheap jeans I bought from River Island, which I believe is an asos specific brand anyway, were fine. I think they were $30 aud, and they feel like they might be something decent you get on sale for $50. The quality is 'nice'. I got them in a 32, which usually fits well, but they were a bit to big - nothing a belt can't fix though. As for the actual fit of the leg, they're snug af on the thighs. I have fairly big quads though, so it's a nice fit considering. Great pair of jeans for going out in - they look good and you don't have to feel too protective of them.

As far as the shirts go, I totally agree with this guy: >>7710170
They feel like any other t-shirt that you haven't spent more than $40 or so on, except I spent maybe $100 and got like, 10 shirts. Really cannot complain at that sort of price. The fit is actually good. The sleeves don't hang awkwardly on my arms like cheap shirts from, say, Cotton On would (because only somewhere like Cotton On would you get similar value).

I don't think I'd want to buy their pants, but as far as shirts go, they're pretty damn good value. Especially because they ship to Australia free. They're worth buying from if you own a handful of nice, expensive clothes from reputable brands, and you don't want to fork out shitloads to wear with said items, without looking like a huge scrub. Perfect for adding variety too the wardrobe of poor students like myself.

>> No.7710216

never had the chance to gauge the quality of asos clothing because the cut was so off and awkward I never wore their stuff for more than once

>> No.7710262

how's the quality of the cheap bombers?

i'm not expecting too much, but I want to cop one

>> No.7710372

So is spending $100 on a duffle coat from ASOS a good idea or bad idea?

Do my thinking for me, /fa/!