[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 167 KB, 432x496, 1390453204614.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7699929 No.7699929[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Where do I find thrift stores with awesome clothes in San Fran or La?

Ive been to Haight and Ashbury a few times but nothing there ever really stands out. And I havent found any SF chain thrift stores with awesome stuff.

Is there a super fashionable part of California Im not aware of and thats why Haight isnt as hip as I always heard?

>> No.7699938

If you expect to find pimp clothes like that in any kind of good condition at thrift stores then you will be sorely disappoint.

>> No.7699985

>>7699929
Go to Londonlovesla in Los Angeles. Their vintage tees are by far the comfiest shirts I've ever worn.

>> No.7700090

>>7699929
>going to haight-ashbury
Cool deal, let's go.
>for clothes
Hmmm, I'd go for other things but maybE see if the upper playplayground store is that.
>at thrift store prices
Do you want to buy clothes from junkies? I can make it happen but this trip is getting dumb. I'm gonna go find some shrooms and blow.

>> No.7702957

>>7700090

i love haigh ashbury. Last time I was there I started talking to a hari krishna and him and his friends took me and my friends to a house full of dick statues with a beaituful upstairs garden separating all the homes. They also had good weed

>> No.7702994

Check out Berkeley dawg

>> No.7704533

i've found so much cool shit in wasteland on haight. a lot of it is kind of overpriced but i've scored cdg, issey miyake, tons of APC, even number (n)ine. just gotta be willing to dig. there's also a store on haight st. called static that sells vintage yohji and cool mountaineering gear for p cheap.

the haight is cool it's just kinda touristy.

>> No.7704540

>>7699929

If you're in SF and going to the Haight to shop, you're doing it wrong. Valencia, Fillmore, Hayes Valley for boutique shopping. For second-hand/thrift, try Sui Generis, the Crossroads/Buffalo Exchange in richer neighborhoods, and Wasteland. For bargains, try Jeremy's and Cary Lane.

>> No.7704561

>>7702994

Nothing great in Berkeley, either, outside of I guess Bows & Arrows. There's Slash in Rockridge, which is good.