[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 536 KB, 994x1004, 1391054451943.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7699360 No.7699360[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

If I wear an Oxford Shirt and navy jeans/chinos brown shoes feel too formal.

Should they? What other options do I have for shoes?

>> No.7699379

sneakers go fine with ocbds and denim

>> No.7699374

post fit.
depends on the shoes.

>> No.7699388

>>7699360
Some white sneakers would work. Keep it a little more preppy and a little less streetwear. (Captoes) No running sneakers either.
Jack Purcells come to mind. White CPs are also okay.

>> No.7699409

>>7699374
Sorry not sure what that means. I'm 5'10 with broad shoulders and both the shirt and chinos are nice and snug.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

>> No.7699462

>>7699409
Post a picture of yourself wearing all of these.

Also get a closeup of the shoes in question.

>> No.7699465

Not OP, but I have a "formality" question too:

I'm flying in first class next weekend, so I want to dress up a bit more than usual without looking like I tried too hard.

I'm thinking navy blazer, white (or light blue) shirt, & beige denim... I'm stuck on the shoes. I have a pair of bright white Lacoste sneakers, would those work? I don't want to wear my usual shoes as they will look too "dressy"..

Thoughts?

>> No.7699483

Roll up sleeves, Italian way?

It always makes me feel more confident and strong in a way. Less formal too. Maybe don't tuck the shirt in?

>> No.7699485
File: 491 KB, 1800x1200, vanillasolovair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7699360
>feel too formal
And it may very well be. I love my button downs, but depending on the setting and how you wear them, it totally may be too stuffy. Tuck, untucked, shirt length, collar size, knit size, it's all going to play into the "dressiness" of your fit.

Shoe wise, I've been wearing these pretty often (weather permitting). They're nubuck brogues, but are decidedly not dressy. Sneakers are always an options, as are boots. Anything beat up and well worn. The trick to making things seem casual is to be casual about them. Don't fuss about with anything you're wearing; it's very much a "it's just clothes" frame of mind.

>> No.7699524

>>7699465
Depends on where you're going. I'd wear a jacket only if I had to, and even then only because it's an easier way to pack it. Loafers are the way to go; easy on, easy off. I'd wear a shirt that breathes and that I can roll the sleeves up/ down easily on. Basically, dress comfy - you're not there for business (are you?).

>> No.7699553

>>7699524
Boston. It's not a business trip, but I will need the jacket for a dinner.

I have black loafers, but again that seems too dressy.

>> No.7699564

Untucked Oxford shirt, and navy shawl collar with dark gray chinos and brown leather boots. I feel comfortable - wearing a sweater or something always make me feel "secure" - and casual, but I'm sure others would think I'm going to church or something.

>> No.7699581

OCBD's are like dress shirts but flexible with most anything you wear.

Just do whatever you want with it.