[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 85 KB, 563x548, feelsmith.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7672641 No.7672641[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey /fa/, I live in Florida and am tired of looking sickly pale, I want to get a light tan so I at least look healthy

How do I tan? I don't want to come out burnt, or with any weird spots, or an uneven tan or too dark.

Tanning is modern culture

>> No.7672649

Whats the sun like in Florida? Can you be out in the sun all day and only come out a little pink or will you look like a beetroot?

>> No.7672664

>>7672649
Hot as balls and the UV index is usually fairly high in the summer.

>> No.7672658
File: 159 KB, 621x306, plorida.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7672649

I'm not really out in the sun a lot, especially now that it's toning down

I'm a native so it actually gets really cold outside for me anyway.

I'm also really used to the intense heat and sun so I don't really redden up at all.

>> No.7672702

I looked up Florida climate and its very similar to Sydney, Aus. This is what I do, go to the beach/backyard, and do about 20 mins on each side. Do this for a couple of days and youll start getting some even coverage. Once you get a base tan you can go to the beach and push the tan even further. I went to a nude beach to make mine nice and even. Im European though, so my skin tans pretty well.

>> No.7672710
File: 3 KB, 397x266, 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

pick a day when the sun's not very hot/put the UV levels down or wear light sunscreen. Then just stay in the sun for a long ass time. This makes it so that the UV rays don't penetrate far enough to cause irritating skin damage but still tans you. It's also good for an even tan because it gives you time to do all sides of your body incrementally
Basically you're trying to go for the types of tone on the left so everythings less pinkish