[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 751 KB, 960x720, 1892811_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7580037 No.7580037[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

does anyone here work a corporate job?

if have an internship this spring+summer at a big US bank in their main office

do you have any tips for dress? like what shoes i don't even know about shoes

pic sort of related idk maybe i don't want to be a slob pleb but i also don't want to be flashy obnoxious because its' a serious place

>> No.7580236

Im in upper mgmt at a small, but growing marketing firm. It's really pretty straightforward button-down shirt with a tie, a suit if you like. Get your shit tailored son. Round toed shoes (wing tips), make sure you polish them. Nothing on the wrists other than a watch. Don't wear sunglasses until summer. The point of all of this is that you want them looking at your face and what you are saying, not what you're wearing. At the same time you want to look clean and competent.

>> No.7580246

>intern
>working at a bank

>> No.7580260

>>7580246
as in their corporate headquaters

>> No.7580262

Don't do tie clips
Just go with a light blue or white dress shirt the first day and see what the other employees wear.

>> No.7580265

>>7580037
Try to avoid button downs (they're acceptable, but many people find them unprofessional, many don't, but don't take chances here). Like the guy above me said, get your shit tailored. Since you're an intern, a suit might feel wrong, but it really depends on the mood of the firm (since it's a bank, I guess it won't be out of place if you put on a two piece).

As for shoes, general dress shoe tips: nothing square-toed, everything leather soled, wingtips are okay as long as they're not flashy, and always shine your shoes. I wouldn't recommend suede though, leather is usually better.

>> No.7580285

>>7580265
sorry what do you mean by button downs?

>> No.7580296
File: 98 KB, 500x483, button-down-collar-shirt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7580285
Button-down collars, as in OCBDs (even though many aren't actually made from legit oxford cloth these days).

>> No.7580299

>>7580265
No button downs? That makes no sense. What would you wear instead?

>> No.7580306

pic would be suitable for casual fridays but I reckon you'll want something more formal

all you need is a nice fitted shirt, tie and trousers. undershirt too if you sweat like ballmer. any kind of decent "formal" shoe will be fine, I just have a pair of florsheims. avoid square toes

make sure its all ironed and clean and fresh and minty and ur good to go cunt

>> No.7580304

>>7580285
He means the collar. Oxford shirts, the more casual style of button ups, have collars that button down onto the shirt (don't unbutton them). They can look sloppy with a tie unless there's a sweater or something worn over, but even then, it's supposed to be a more casual shirt. Get a spread collar (no buttons, more formal shirt) for tie wearing.

>> No.7580310

>>7580299
>>758029
oh okay never mind you just mean the collars. Yeah definitely don't do that. Iron your shirts out obviously

>> No.7580312

>>7580296
>>7580304
okay thanks i was confused for a sec i thought you meant like any shirt that buttons down like wtf that's what everyone wears to these jobs