[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 314 KB, 1600x1067, VineyardVines.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7495800 No.7495800[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I like Brooks Brothers and Vineyard Vines.

Is that okay /fa/?

I live in North Carolina.

>> No.7495811

>>7495800
There's nothing wrong with you. Whatever you do, just don't dress exactly like one of those male twats in your pic.

>> No.7495843

This kind of style is easy to do poorly and end up looking bad. Just make sure the fits on pieces of clothing aren't too baggy and that you don't mix too many patterns. Also, never wear a bow tie.

>> No.7495862

>>7495843
Another thing, don't be afraid to experiment with colors. Don't weAr too many bland colors. While the blue and red the guys in the pic are wearing go fine (the guy on the left more so than the right), it's not a particularly novel combination.

>> No.7495859

>>7495811
Exactly

>> No.7495865

>>7495843
What is wrong with bowties?

>> No.7495873

>>7495865
They're like fedoras- they just don't look good in a modern setting. They're dorky and contrived.

>> No.7495883

>>7495843
>This kind of style is easy to do poorly and end up looking bad.
This is solid advice. OP would do well to take this to heart. If he goes to heavy on the pastels, he will end up looking like a frat boy. If his fits are baggy, he will look like a frat boy. If he goes too crazy with the gingham, he will look like a frat boy. If he wears a bow tie when he doesn't need to wear one, he will look like a frat boy.

I don't hate fraternities, I'm just irked by the fits they wear. It just looks like they raided their dad's closet for khakis and blazers. The fits are absolutely off point and sloppy. If they are going to wear clothes like a moron, they are better off wearing just sweats. Know what I am saying?

Fuck me, I'm ranting. I'mma gon' to bed.

>> No.7495882

>>7495800
plz be in ncsu

>> No.7495887

>>7495873
I've seen plenty of very fashionable uses though, at least I think. Are you saying no even on a formal occasion? You're required to at certain events like Debutante Balls.

>> No.7495890

>>7495882
UNC, actually. Pretty much the same crop of people but slightly more intelligent.

>> No.7495902

>>7495883
While I don't really know what this guy is talking about with the whole frat thing, just be sure to be careful, OP. It's likely that the general public won't really bat an eye at what you're wearing even if you do end up doing this style poorly, but you'll still look like a faggot to us.

>> No.7495904

Yo I live in Wilmington hit me up.

>> No.7495915

>>7495887
Formal occasions are fine, I think, since formal wear is much different than casual clothes. Still, I just fucking hate bow ties and so do pretty much everyone on this board.

>> No.7495913

>>7495904
I feel bad for you

Piedmont master race here. Are you a beacher?

>> No.7495934

>>7495915
I get ya.

Does anyone else on here wear Vineyard Vines? I like a lot of their stuff but I always feel I don't have enough to match some of their things when I go to buy them. I want to see what other people match their clothes with.

>> No.7495936

>>7495913
Nah I'm not a loser.

>> No.7495946

>>7495934
I used to be into that style, but I've moved away from it kinda. I never wore their clothes, though.

>> No.7495953

>>7495936
whew, thats a relief

UNCW student? I toured their campus and I just couldn't take how flat it was. I couldn't see myself there. I always loved the idea of looking like those students you see whenever an Ivy League school is shown in a movie. They're always wearing casual but comfy and practical pullovers, khakis, and other pieces of clothing while walking around in this old, well-kept and astute campus

>> No.7495964

>>7495953
I live near Princeton and go there all the time. The young people all dress so fashionably, but not exactly preppy in the typical sense. It's slightly more niche stuff, I guess you would say.

>> No.7495974

>>7495964
Yeah, always thought about that shit when looking at college campuses.

Shallow, I know, but fuck me I don't want to go somewhere that isn't like that. UNC was a perfect fit.

>> No.7496107

>>7495800
OP those are some of the only places i get my clothes. that an Jcrew. Jcrew has kick ass sales. NC is a good state to wear those clothes in. I go to school in oregon and have lived here my whole life. it's way to hippy and liberal for the preppy style to thrive. Can't wait to move to the east coast.

>>7495811
also i would recommend, unlike this pleb, to dress EXACTLY like the guys in that picture in a formal setting. bright colors exudes confidence.

>> No.7496121

It's fine if you're not dressing brocore with it.

NE Prep is always swaggin if you do it right.

>> No.7496129

>>7495964
>>7495974
>confirmed for never having been on a college campus

i go to and ivy and have traveled to all of the others campuses

you simply can't have such a broad mix of people studying different topics and expect a decent number of them to care about their appearance

only the kids studying design or arts have any number of fashionable students in their ranks and just as many non fashionable

and the rest just dress some mix of sweatpants bullshit or preprofessionalism

the environment at harvard or wharton don't realy lend themselves well to individualism

brown is a little different

for the non ivys, replace the preprofessional with pleb shit like a and f and you're golden

you want an effay campus check out parsons or pratt

>> No.7496132

Wow, this actually brings back memories.

I've worn Vineyard Vines, Brooks & (older) J. Crew from childhood to somewhat late adolescence. Somewhere along the line I became tired of the style. I particularly didn't want to dress like my father or late grandfather, so I gradually moved on to more streetwear fits.

Without this turning into much of a blog post, wear what you'd like OP. Certainly my family aren't too impressed with my sartorial choices, but I like what I wear and that's how it should be.