[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 82 KB, 392x588, 1383848227508.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7317947 No.7317947[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Jesus Christ /fa/ is actually awful atm.
>All these new trips giving out shit advice and generally not knowing what they're talking about while never posting a fit
>The WAYWT
>The shitposting
What the fuck is going on?

>> No.7317966

>>7317947
Better than it was in the past. We have functional general threads beyond waywt.

Cop or not.
Buy/Sell/Trade
Newfag General.
Shit is orderly and civilized.

EVEREISING ISZ NEET UND TIDY!!!111!1

>> No.7317991

>>7317966
The organisation is pretty good yeah , but the actual content is abysmal. I had to explain to someone the other day what the difference between colour block and dip dye was and saw yet another person refer to dip dye as colour block pretty much instantly.
It's like the people here enjoy revelling and spreading misinformation.

>> No.7318006

>>7317991

Having a good board isnt your right. Its a privilege. If you see newb shit, correct it.

How do you think the board is gonna get good unless people who know shit contribute positively.

>> No.7318013

The few knowledgeable trips like Tripskank kept the board together. Hasn't been the same since she left.

>> No.7318019

>>7317991
you are a dumbass even it is dipdyed it can be made into a color block design..

>> No.7318062

>>7318006
I've been trying but it wears you down you know? Must be how Prez feels in the wire when he put all that effort into helping Dukie just to see him become a junkie.
>>7318019
That was in reference to the Raf green/black ombre sweater that's been posted a lot recently.
>typical new namefag spreading misinformation
To colourblock is to block another colour with solid edges and a contrasting colour to create a blunt and slightly aggressive aesthetic to your eyes whereas a dip dyed jumper will have less defined lines and a softer incorporation of colour which even if it contrasts would not have a colour blocking effect due to the nature of how it's created. (Dye will seep into the fabric no matter what you do to it which makes it really difficult to create such a line blunt enough to be used in conjunction with a contrasting colour in order to create a colour block.)
Consider yourself educated.

>> No.7318174

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

>> No.7318192

I don't care as long as there are laughs.
There aren't enough laughs.

>> No.7318205

Poet left
Things went down hill

>> No.7318218

change it then faggot

>> No.7318243

>>7318205
Not just him. We've lost Void , Turnleft , anorak and Twerk, (well TurnLeft still posts but mainly incoherent bouts of rage instead of information which is a shame and Twerk is just .. yeah.) and even the decent namefags like Tomato and Banana who have all been badly replaced by retards like this >>7318218. It says a lot about the site when BP is now the most knowledgeable trip who still posts.
Not that it's about the trips of course but why use a name when you have nothing good to impart? Why not just shitpost anonymously?

>> No.7318273

>tfw /fa/ is shit at the moment
>miss all the lunar shit
>miss all the ninja vs dadcore/workwear/etc threads
>miss the variety
>miss when /fa/ was about what looked good, not what was most expencive, what no one else knew about or what was all about what some old trip who never posts anymore is wearing
>and how gay it is

I hope it changes, my friends.

>> No.7318281

Do you actually think people can just keep on giving advices/repeating "actual content" for years like some unpaid help line?

>> No.7318292

>>7318243
i make u upset, i control u

>> No.7318303

>>7318273
I've noticed that everytime it starts to improve and become fun to browse a joke or something will get taken way too far and rinsed out which ends up annoying all the people who actually want to discuss fashion and have a laugh at the same time which causes them to leave and the shitposters to double in quanitity. Sort of like how the whole 4 U shit on /tv/ has ruined the board.
>>7318281
A discussion would be nice , don't you think?

>> No.7318339

As something gets more popular it become diluted and mediocre. This is what all the boards on 4chan have become. The average poster is much younger and so the content has changed because of it.

If we had voting this place would turn into reddit in about a week.

>> No.7318333

>>7318303
Discussion of?

>> No.7318361

>>7318333
..Fashion you inbred. Designers , styles , materials and function.
>>7318339
It's just as ill informed and grotesquely dressed as reddit is if i'm honest.

>> No.7318454

>>7318361
sure, discussion #1040234354, how exciting. Fuck off to mfa, those fucks post discussions just for the sake of posting.

You sure sound like you're new to 4chan. Because of no rep, no upvote, of course everyone who's been around long enough don't have the incentive to repeat those "discussions". That's why most boards just feel like shitposting central, because everyone's too jaded to cater to new tryhards to you who keep demanding "content".

>> No.7318688

>>7318243
U got a prob w/ twerk u got a prob w/ me lets fite