[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 6 KB, 176x168, irs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7315049 No.7315049[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Yo /fa/. Iron Ranger's or Katahdins? I can't decide.I dig the look of the IRs but how do they actually look in outfits? I'm worried they might look clownish.

>> No.7315056

both look pretty clownish. Avoid those boots like the plague. If anything, do you really need boots?

Iron Rangers (and the Katahdin counterpart) are really played out. Look for something else.

>> No.7315074

>>7315056
Grenson

It's more expensive. Therefore better.

>> No.7315406

IR's only look clownish of the following criteria are met:
Skinny, skinny jeans + polio legs
Very large feet (sz13+).

Other than that they are fine. The toe is still bulbous, but that's the style with all pseudo work boots.

If you want a sleeker looking boot, look at the Viberg Service Boot or an analogue as they sell for around 800 and have 20 week build wait time.

If you're considering IR's anyway you should try them on instore to get the best fit;at this time you are best able to judge the look for yourself rather than take the usual hearsay and board anecdotes for granted.

Do not order such footwear of the net, extrapolating off your other shoe sizes; you will get an ill fit and be in a world of blistery pain. This goes for all decently made footwear but especially IR's as their last is odd.

>> No.7316862
File: 441 KB, 1500x994, 1359995018542.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7316904

>tfw revolve ran out of the Beckmans you ordered when you were gonna exchange them for a size down
Fuck. I hadn't decided if I liked them yet.

Anyways, I just went and ordered some Katahdins, and then when I am less of a basic bitch I'll probably get some Wolverine's, and then some iron rangers.

I think it depends what you are buying them for.
Purely fashion - Iron Rangers (still durable mind you, but I doubt most people here work in those conditions)

If you are buying them to be an all-purpose condition boot, probably the katahdin. It has a better sole, though I will admit doesn't look as good.

If you think you like both, get both. I just nabbed a code off of Stlyeforum on the last page of their ll bean thread while I was looking at pictures and it gave me 20 percent off. 168 is a steal for these in my opinion.

>> No.7317070

>>7316904
There are two kinds of Katahdins on the LL Bean site. Which pair did you get? I was thinking of getting this pair to wear for winter.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/57044?feat=katahdin%20iron%20works-SR0&page=men-s-katahdin-iron-works-boots-waterproof&attrValue_0=Brown&productId=933531