[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 64 KB, 640x436, ribisi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7148992 No.7148992[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What happens to designer clothes that never gets sold? I mean like stuff from barneys, neiman marcus, saks 5th that gets sent to their warehouse stores. They can't keep that stuff on the racks forever, so what happens to all of it?

I know that big box stores like target around here donate some unsold items to goodwill, like an entire rack of belts or pants.

>> No.7148998

>>7148992
I think maybe it goes to Kohls or other stores like that.

>> No.7149002

Who cares, only plebs use discontinued clothes.

>> No.7149017

It gets dropped to thrift stores.
Personally being the poor fag I am I pick all my clothes up at places with just racks and shitty changing rooms. No models, no fancy check out, no pictures, just clothes.

>tfw no one will ever know where you pick up all your nice clothes
The brands are unheard of, but hey, they fit, they're comfortable, and they're cheap.
They look amazing too.

>> No.7149050

>>7149017
Name some stores please

>> No.7149129

>>7149050
Burlington type places. That's babby-tier though.
All the places with good good stuff (clothing, not shoes) have been basically no-name places that I never heard of.

I can't name the places I got tons of my things at a few months back because, well, it just opened up and I never heard of it before.
Just look in shopping centers (for clothes) for shitty rack after rack clothes and you should find a place or two in your town, even if it's fairly small (200k< people)

I think /fa/ is crazy for paying $300 for jeans, but the stuff I pick up for $15 at these places are $240 online, sometimes more.
I even checked to see if they were fake I was so shocked.

>> No.7149143

>>7149129
Burlington isn't a thrift store. I take the train/bus home most days and usually these ghetto types shoplift from there and show off their loot on the bus.

Decided to go in one day and some of the stuff was actually alright. They had stuff that didn't sell well from urban outfitter too, but most of it was dadcore stuff from jc penny. They also sell stuff that never made it to stores like paula dean candy bars.

>> No.7149206

>>7149143
Yeah, I don't really know a good name for it so I just called it thrift then described it...
Anyways, that's just a popular, shittier version of the places I go. It's what got me into those places.

Not to sound like a douche, but they're just too big. They don't take in weird stuff or unheard of brands as much as they do target/jcp-tier stuff.
Oh, and their dress shoes are shit. I had to go get a suit for the first time a few years back and needed a cheap one so I went there, and well, the shoes were awful. Barely made it through the wedding, it felt like I was standing on a two by four the entire time.
Christ they were uncomfortable.

>> No.7149238

outlets.
by the time clothes reach their thought theyre either undesirable pieces from a collection or uncommon sizes so your chances of finding anything there are like minimal.
i found some margiela jeans that i never wear,like i wore them once.

>> No.7149262

>>7148992
Sample sales, stores like TJ Maxx. Ebay sometimes. Boutiques. Trunk show-type stores. They can keep stock in for up to nine months without selling though. Generally at the beginning of the calendar autumn (September), most resort stuff is no longer on shelves, but some spring stuff still might be. Lots of things are kept until the next sale. Watch when Ssense has their sale that starts on Black Friday. If you scroll to the last few pages, you'll find unsolds from last season.