[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 372 KB, 900x826, Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 2.36.03 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7008581 No.7008581 [Reply] [Original]

I'm going to get shit on for this but

please convince me to not buy these. I have too many basic shoes. Want QTs to notice me.

>> No.7008602

>>7008581
buy them so that your idiocy and terrible fashion sense is apparent to everyone you encounter

>> No.7008652

>>7008581
I accept buying gaudy show offy clothes to show off fashion brands

but why would you do that to show that you can buy a diffusion of a diffusion of a diffusion of a lower priced entry level youth brand?

it you want to brand whore CDG

at least to the mainline

rei's work isn't even that expensive comapired to lanvin or even devoa

>> No.7008683

>>7008652
this

qts are unlikely to know what CDG is
they are even less likely to know what cdg play is
they are astronomically unlikely to look at a man wearing converse with funny cartoon hearts on them and think 'damn, I'd like to suck his dick'

>> No.7008707

>>7008683
actually I have yet to meet someone who doesn't know what CDG is.

with that said though , I am not a white person so I don't like to venture outside of san diego, los angles, new York or higher ends of florida and vegas is about as middle America as I go. due to the vast amounts of racism inland in the US

>> No.7008728

>>7008707
I spend a lot of time amongst some quite trendy londoners and I get blank looks when I mention raf simons

my point is that 90% of people have little to no interest in designer fashion (ie; anything above mallcore) and won't give a shit how many rick owens tags you have on your clothes when that guy over there has a pony on his polo

>> No.7008752

>>7008728
>my point is that 90% of people have little to no interest in designer fashion

that's not true at all. unless you live in a low income area. or hangout with people who weren't raised in a too affluent family. who wish to consume alcohol and recreational drugs all day

> won't give a shit how many rick owens tags you have on your clothes

well rick owens was a short lived fad with women. People wearing rick owens now adays are usually those who do not care about fashion. they just wear it because it's popular in rap songs. if they were into fashion they would be wearing some higher end stuff right now

>when that guy over there has a pony on his polo

whats wrong with polo? made in Italy Caruso suiting, RLPL, RLBL and even the ties from polo are all fine pieces of clothing

and I actually love ralph lauren footwear
constant quality well above allen Edmonds

------
maybe you're the problem

>> No.7008898

>>7008752
I'm really unsure what has happened here

but the idea that a person on /fa/ might _deny_ that 90% of people dgaf about fashion is mind-blowing

>> No.7008905
File: 500 KB, 720x960, mammadod6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7008913

>>7008898
It's not that they don't care about fashion, it just means something different to them.

>> No.7008940
File: 15 KB, 170x260, blunt rick owens.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7008898
well people know of cdg, Gucci, prada, dior

I know you're new to this whole fashion thing and think rick owens is god right now and only you know about him

but if you listen to taylor swift at all

NEVER EVER EVER GETIING BACK TOGETHERRRRRRRRRRRRR

fucking amazing artist too kawaii :3

you'll know of rick woens

even that bitch from sexy and the city wore it

first time I heard of rick owens was in 2006.
i loved Emily blunt's character in devil wears prada, second only to Helen mirrin's hermes based fits

and new CFDA fashion award winner rick owens designed most of her looks, paired with my favorite label at the time calvin klein collection.

and even i was late to knowing who rick owens was.

there was a thread dating back to 2002 on the fashion spot with women discussing his clothes

and i didn't even see devil wears prada in theaters, i saw it on an airplane, after reindeer games.

>> No.7008989

I don't know where the hell do you live

but way more then 90% have no to little interest in designer fashion

Poor buy HM and Uniqlo and the rich buy Gant and Boss and the even richer buy LV print and Burberry check
The fashion inspired chick goes to Zara and might just know Karl Lagerfeld because he made a coke bottle design

>implying everyone not living in low income area knows designer shit how delusional can you faggot be

Maybe 1% are really interested in the likes of Rick and CDG

>> No.7009014

>>7008989
that's cool, because most of the girls i see have bogue magazine laying around and prob know more than you do.

you prob don't know wintour, or lagerfields work as well as basic bitch does.

just because she doesn't dress like an autistic loser in voidthebrand and dreambaskets doesn't mean the average chick doesn't know who Christopher bailey is

especially since they have designers out on the red carpet of every award season ever.

don't assume shit

>> No.7009049

>>7009014
it's you who's assuming the shit out of everything

Again, I don't know if you live in Paris or London, where most of the girls one sees have vogue lying around, but I have never seen a single fucking Vogue magazine being read in Helsinki by anyone else then 50+ aged ladies in fur

I'm pretty sure what you're telling is true within your uni/workpalce/whatever but you're pretty short sighted if you think that's all of the world.

There are fuckloads of people living outside of the big cities.

>> No.7009248

>>7009049
Torilla tavataan.

>> No.7010516

>>7008581
I'm here to convince you to get the black/white high tops of these. /fa/ as fuck

>> No.7011131
File: 1.74 MB, 960x792, 135757518457.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7008652

>I accept buying gaudy show offy clothes to show off fashion brands

>>7008752

>...who wish to consume alcohol and recreational drugs all day

sieg pls go. try hard pig.

>> No.7011301

>>7008707

Why are you called sieg heil if not white then?

>> No.7011350

they are a physical manifestation of the antithesis for everything cdg stands for
its a ruse by rei kawakubo and by buying into it ur ultimate fuccguy
jk if u like the design then go for it but id never wear cdg play especially that shoe with such obnoxious branding in a million years