[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 84 KB, 560x415, zofw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6973800 No.6973800[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Checked out the Gap x GQ line and the Mauritz Archive collection at H&M. After the debacle that was Phillip Lim's collection at Target, it was kind of heartening to see what a designer can do given a price range that doesn't require the absolute worse fabrics and construction. A lot of the collection at the gap was surprisingly decent. The aviator fleece sweaters are nice, if ruined by the graphic on the chest and sleeves. The baldwin denim is pretty nice including the selvedge pair. At $98 it's hard to justify not opting for Bluer, Gustin, or N&F, but if you can find the baldwins on sale for 50 with some discounts it might be worth checking out. Baldwin tees were pretty nice too, as were the Bespoken moleskin jeans.

Only briefly looked at the Mauritz collection, but it seemed decent. Didn't get to try on the anorak. The waxed jacket seemed nice, but at that price you're better off buying a used barbour.

>> No.6973813

>>6973800

As nice as these all are, I still think that best big brand x niche designer collab I've ever seen was Geller x Levi's. A perfect match in terms of taste, aesthetic, and detailing. I peeked in at this stuff and frankly it's really just Gap with a twist instead of original designs made for the Gap (which would've been much more interesting). Compare it to the stuff that Stella did for them and you'll see that this is way blander and that most of the look comes from the styling.

>> No.6973908

>>6973813
well, yeah, you've got things like a plain white oxford and a chambray shirt in there. it's not exactly an exciting collection.

>> No.6975164
File: 110 KB, 460x691, streetaanorak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6973800
I got the Mauritz Archive anorak from H&M. Pretty well made, its very cozy. I just need all the sunny 70 degree weather to go away so I can wear it. I'd buy more from it, but I have a feeling a lot of it won't sell and will get price reductions.

Still debating if I should get the Small size instead. Fit is fine just fits a bit more like this guy's anorak than the one on the model in the ad campaign.