[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 112 KB, 451x700, bjqwjdj.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6840374 No.6840374[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Do you guys dress as to what is currently in fashion or does the way you dress reflect your personality? Or is it a mix of the two?

Up until recently I've began to experiment with my clothing as a reflection of my personality as generally I would just wear any old thing. I'm still not /fa/ and I doubt I ever will be but experimenting with styles has proved to me to be a lot of fun.

I'm a hippie-minded metal-head so combining the two has proved an interesting experience.

I spent most of the summer looking like this guy, except in darker colours. I felt more comfortable for it too.

>> No.6840409

i dress to make myself look the best. it's not dressing for others per se, but at the same time i sort of need to look better than the plebs to impress them and make myself stand out, nam sayin

that being said, i've got personal sense of style down pat, but i temporarily assimilate relevant trends if i like them

>> No.6840422

I am /fa/'s dress-up doll. I dress the way they want me to.

>> No.6840426

I have workwear (because I need to look semi-professional) and I have casual wear. I violate a lot of /fa/'s "rules" with my casual stuff because I tend to go for slouchier clothes. I just like being comfortable when I'm not wearing a suit, and I always laugh at people who wear suits 'casually'

>> No.6840474

>Or is it a mix of the two?

this is something very complex i think

those are not really two separate things...your personality and how you develop opinions is very much a product of the current world in which you live, just like "current fashion"

recently i started to realize its not that hard to create cool looking outfits as long as the proportions, shape and texture are good, but to me that is becoming less important...creating a distinct personal style is the priority for me...i think that dressing in a way that suits your personality is something that is mostly limited by self-knowledge and lack of introspection. i feel like the more you get to know yourself and your traits/life/personality, the easier it is to cultivate a very distinct/powerful personal style

>> No.6840648
File: 43 KB, 533x800, hitler youth girl arm tattoo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

haven't read the thread yet, but op i got excited : "hippy minded metalhead" is exactly me, bumping for women's advice within this made up genre

>> No.6840727

Personality definitely.

>basic, boring but mostly aware

>> No.6840749
File: 238 KB, 302x578, 1377937705051.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6840474
what are you trying to express with what you wear?

>> No.6840794

>>6840749
Not trying to put words in his mouth
but for me, the whole point of expressing myself with clothes is to communicate things that are difficult to articulate with words.

Basically what it comes down to for me is "what do I think is cool?" And when I use the word 'cool' I'm not just talking cool clothes, I mean to dress in a way that evokes 'cool' as an emotional response from myself when I see myself.

I feel similarly about tattoos. I feel tattoos with verbal meaning are limited by your verbal eloquence. A tattoo that conveys emotion without words is a much more potent use of the medium in my opinion. If I enjoy looking at it, it's a good tattoo.

>> No.6840859

Metal is for kids. lel

>> No.6840886

Where can I cop capris like the ones in OP's pic? I want to dress like that dude.

>> No.6840896

>I spent most of the summer looking like this guy,

fucking poser

>> No.6840901

>>6840886
>buy a pair of well fitting jeans (any brand)
>wear them for 3 years(actually have to do stuff outside to get this effect)
>profit

fucking sperg

>> No.6840909

>>6840901
nigga please leave. i asked for capris and i wanna buy some fuckn capris

>> No.6840914

>>6840909
good luck looking like a tryhard mate

>> No.6840915

>>6840886
>I want to dress like that dude.
Reverse image search it. People cite all the sources of their clothes on lookbook.

Also when you find it stay over there.

>> No.6840921

>>6840859
>>>/mu/

>> No.6840923

>>6840749
white rafs are so sexy

>> No.6840998

o.p here, had to go to the gym and do a few things. Glad to see this is still alive. Some interesting answers for sure.

>>6840648

Hah and here's me thinking I was the only one. I'm all about peace, love and harmony but fuck do I like my music heavy and brutal....well for the most part anyway. I actually have quite an eclectic music taste.

>> No.6841010

made me cringe

>> No.6841020

I listen to a lot of old breakbeat, hardstyle, and dance in general and I associate myself with the music a lot. However I like military type things in my clothing. At the en of the day you like what you like

>> No.6841032

Mix of the two; I try to keep my stuff as contemporary as possible but it always reflects me

>> No.6841052

god u faggots are lame, like read what ur actually writing, its clothes u fucking nerds, your acting like u did something special cause u put together a couple fits... go outside u over dramatic pieces of shit

>> No.6841058

Op again

The problem for me is finding something that I can relate to my hippe-esq side. It's not like I dress like some woodstock burnout from the 60's. Fuck that.

I guess what i'm trying to incorperate is a modern hippie kind of thing? If that even exists. I like Johnny Depps style a lot, but it's not "alt" enough for me.

>> No.6841073

>>6841058

Just wear what you want, dude

'Fashion' is relative

>> No.6841249

I like military surplus stuff because its super cheap and usually is sturdy.

>> No.6841661

>>6840921
>not realizing metal is the most un effay /mu/ out there
u buttmad bro?

>> No.6841727

I don't know. I'd like to think that I do my own thing, but I know it isn't. It's inspired by some sort of heroin chic/Hedi style. But I guess you can't dress on your own exclusively.

>> No.6841766

>>6840409
>i've got personal sense of style down pat, but i temporarily assimilate relevant trends if i like them

This. I dress according to what I think looks nice, although it is influenced by things that are currently hyped and other general inspo.

The way a person dresses reflects their personality regardless of whether they follow fashion trends.

>> No.6841781

>>6841766
>The way a person dresses reflects their personality regardless of whether they follow fashion trends.
Thisssss.
Expressing yourself with clothing is unavoidable. Style is a language in which silence is a message and abstinence is a form of participation in itself.

>> No.6842044

>>6840794
he is talking about contemporary cultural appropriation as well

>> No.6842058

>>6841781
>abstinence is a form of participation in itself
this is very important

>> No.6842714

>>6841058
I want to dress that way too man.

>> No.6842768

I dress depending on what I think works well with the situation and my body type.

I can't usually follow a lot of /fa/'s advice because I'm a manlet gymnast.

>> No.6842819
File: 73 KB, 450x640, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've started to get into monotone colors, as black is always the new black.

>> No.6842824

>>6842819
> and shades

>> No.6842839

>>6842058
Thanks Nat I think you're important too. n__n

>check sufu
>I don't have any of those where I live :-\

>> No.6842859
File: 394 KB, 2448x3264, allblackgothsex.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6840474
>those are not really two separate things...your personality and how you develop opinions is very much a product of the current world in which you live, just like "current fashion"

I think my clothes, reflect more of lifestyle, than they do personality.

I skate, so some of my clothes are for that. Leather jacket, jeans to protect me if i fall off. skate shoes obviously.

I paint, so my skate jeans are also covered in paint. Also tried making my own t-shirts, so i have a bunch of weird paint/tie dye t's.

If im out with friends at a restaurant, i like a nice crisp shirt and nice pants

More and more i've moved towards more causal, street style

>> No.6843126

lol last year i tried to be all vintage tumblr boyscout girl
but then 3 day before classes picked back up i was like fuck it this year i'm gonna be all black fur coat unapproachable bitch

>> No.6843268

While I dress only according to my taste I want to get reactions to what I wear. I would, for example, wear a snapback and a sleeveless shirt just to look like a jock to piss people off. I wouldn't do that very often tho. It's just fun how different clothes can get you completely different reactions.