[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 36 KB, 498x750, hairspiration.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6779476 No.6779476 [Reply] [Original]

What kind of six figure+ jobs can I get with hair like this and being muscular?

>> No.6779489

internet famous rapper

>> No.6779496

male prostitute to senators and congressmen

>> No.6779498

>>6779476
software dev
especially at game companies or startups

they dont care what the fuck you wear

>> No.6779501

mercenary, bounty hunter, vigilante, pmc soldier

i dont know if any are six figure though

>> No.6779502
File: 36 KB, 480x390, sebastien-chabal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

International rugby player

>> No.6779529

you should be fine at any IT job, but i cant say for any other field

>> No.6779536

>>6779529

>any

No, not any. More than other fields, but not any. If you do anything relating to dealing with customers you will have to look presentable, not like you've just been shooting people for money.

>> No.6779541

>>6779529
>six figures
>IT
very rare

>> No.6779544

>>6779502
This.
>renowned athlete in a le classy gentlemens sport
>professional poker player/gambler
>spec-op tier mercenary or some shit
>renowned fashion artist
And those are all if you're lucky (as in lucky to make the top of the career and actually able to reach that kind of pay or lucky to not be shot).

>>6779498
This sounds more likely.

>> No.6779556

>>6779501
Mercenary is, trust me I'm an accountant, well I do their filing, sometimes.

>> No.6779557

>>6779529
>>6779536
>>6779541
I'm sure he means a software dev or something to the sort like >>6779498 said

>> No.6779596

>>6779536

Fair enough, i should have excluded frontline jobs (sales, managers, execs, etc), and added a "most"

>> No.6779635

Job trends show that employers are beginning to hire skills instead of workers. This is rearing its head in different areas and in different ways and its not far from being a common reality

Right now you can most definitely get a job with hair like that in the computer industry, soon enough it'll be in the business industry

Anyway I want to be a goon and rob people

>> No.6779667

>>6779635

>Right now you can most definitely get a job with hair like that in the computer industry, soon enough it'll be in the business industry

You are taking some brogrammers and assuming they apply to the entire IT industry, which they do not. If you turned up to work at 90 percent of places looking like that, you would get sent home and asked to fix your face.

>soon enough it'll be in the business industry

No it won't. What "business industry?" All industry is business.

>> No.6779691

it really depends on the company. most startups don't care what the fuck you wear, no matter what position you're in.

i work at a bank in the systems engineering department, if i came to work dressed/looking like that I'd get thrown the fuck out

>> No.6779730

>no it won't
Yes it will. It's only a matter of how soon

If you go to a large city, there's a host of smaller companies that would hire you looking like that. I even read about two larger companies in the Midwest take the skills over employees stance by letting employees choose their hours and encouraging them to work at home

This is just the direction things are heading, and it makes sense

>> No.6779952

>>6779730

Buy the next edition of the magazine and read about how they went out of business.

>This is just the direction things are heading, and it makes sense

No, it does not. You are dealing with people around the world, the overwhelming majority of which have conservative values. If you show up unshaven and looking like that, you will lose a deal. Looking that will lose you business if you are associating with clients, investors and other people that are there to do business with you.

Try and do business with a British private bank, some Japanese conglomerate or a German factory and go looking like that. It will get you fired and lose your employers money.

If you are selling hemp and coffee to other people then maybe, just maybe, you might get away with it. If you are doing anything to do with finance, engineering, law, politics, shipping, investment, asset management or anything else falling into the "business" category then you go looking clean. Simple as.

>> No.6779970
File: 25 KB, 338x450, 1007JD_roIMG_8519.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6779952
>If you are doing anything to do with finance, engineering, law, politics, shipping, investment, asset management or anything else falling into the "business" category then you go looking clean. Simple as.

these two are the heads of marketing and pr for rick owens and the ceo of the business that finances rick owens
ie finance, investment, asset managament, and business.
the man on the right is currently sporting a beard afaik

>> No.6780000

>>6779970

>finance

No.

>investment

No.

>asset managament

Certainly not.

>business

Yes.

I'm not having this argument with someone who used the phrase "business industry". You're way short of the mark. No one wants to do business with someone who looks like shit and no one employs people who look like shit. If the boss wants to show up to work like that, fine. But 99 percent of the people in 99 percent of the companies trading don't.

Next time you're out, go to your city financial sector and have a walk around. You won't see anyone under the age of 70 without a clean shave and a very straight haircut.

>> No.6780005
File: 996 KB, 1600x1942, scan0009.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6780000
that was the first post i made in the thread.
where do u werq btw
and why does this presumably illustrious company hire such abrasive assholes

>> No.6780025

maybe at some internet startup in NY/SF, you definitely can get a job with a small beard and what not but the picture you used in the OP is already to long.

>> No.6780026

>>6779952
Then why is it do popular to be liberal in the first world? What about when these streetwear-at night, suit-by day japs become the CEO?

This is just the way the world is turning

>> No.6780070

>>6780000
>looks like shit

How does that look like shit?

Why do you accept this state of affairs as the way things should be?

Why do you think it will last?

Shouldn't a good capitalist be evaluating prospective partners on how much profit they can produce and not on something as trivial as hairstyle?