[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 16 KB, 341x282, hj01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6694055 No.6694055 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /fa/, how do I fix damaged hair and a dry scalp? I cut my shampooing down to once a week and I only use head and shoulders when I do. However, I still have dry scalp and my hair looks dry. Wat do?

tldr; How to fix dry hair/scalp

>> No.6694087

Don't use shampoo. Really. I know everyone is going to say that "no poo is a troll" and "that's not what no poo is" but it works without any baking soda or whatever the fuck. Even Mike does no poo with absolutely nothing else.

OP, listen. I used to have EXTREMELY fucked up hair. I had so much dandruff that I could shake my hair and it would be a fucking snowfall for eternity. I shaved it all off then started my no shampoo regimen. Only use cold water in the shower, and make sure to scrub your scalp. Once a week, drench your hair in warm olive oil and put on a shower cap. Leave that on for an hour or two and then rinse it off.

>> No.6694165

>>6694087
Do you think shaving added to your recovery?

captcha: justryta general

>> No.6694175

>>6694087
epik trole m8 :^)

>> No.6694189

I use conditioner and no shamp

>> No.6694209

>>6694087
>Only use cold water in the shower
You don't even have to do that.
10 months of no poo with regular temp water and it's totally fine.

>> No.6694223

>>6694165
Personally, I feel that it did. I was bald for about a month and I felt that it "aired out" and refreshed it self. I rubbed argan oil on it often. Not to mention, my hair was absolutely fucked from heat damage. It would fall apart when you touched it. It's your call, though.

For the warm oil mask treatment that I recommended, you can use any oil you want, really. Argan oil is a common one for hair that works wonders.

>> No.6694286
File: 41 KB, 500x461, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i'm having the same problem here with dry hair/scalp, anyone think that olive oil will repair it? i don't know if i want to do the no poo thing... though thinking about it. i don't know need more info about this. great thread though.

>> No.6694326

>>6694286
Olive oil by itself? Probably not. Most people don't understand how harsh shampoo is on your hair. Don't let the stigma of "dirty/greasy" hair get to you. It's nothing like you imagine. Your hair will look much healthier. Do try out the warm oil treatment, though. I also use an argan oil styling cream each day, as well.

>> No.6694337

>>6694326
so no poo & conditioner and applying warm olive oil? you think that'll do the trick? i have no problem with shaving my whole head either

>> No.6694352

>>6694337
I think so. You don't have to do the head shave, remember. My scalp was just REALLY fucked. So was my hair. It was really bad. If you don't have intense dandruff, and if your hair isn't so damaged that it literally FALLS APART when you touch it, it isn't completely necessary. Go for it if you want a fresh start, though. Make sure not to use conditioner, either. The weekly warm oil treatment, along with the natural oils from your hair, are your conditioners.

>> No.6694363

>>6694352
awesome, thanks for the advice m8. will definitely start out this routine from now on

>> No.6694375

>>6694363
Good luck! Try adding a little bit of honey to your warm oil masks, as well. That will keep it from dripping down your face for the hour or two. The honey is also beneficial, as well. Optionally, I take supplements for hair, skin, and nails. They contain biotin, which is also beneficial for your hair and it will speed up growth.

>> No.6696307

OP here. I think I'll just get off the poo completely and try olive oil once a week. I seriously don't understand how shampoo once a week leaves my hair so damaged though.

captcha: fracture deponds