[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 77 KB, 746x498, Men-s-Wool-Suits.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6427950 No.6427950 [Reply] [Original]

You know what drives me nuts? No matter how hot the weather gets, I'm extremely limited in how comfortable I can keep myself comfortable in the workplace. My typical workwear includes dress pants, a long-sleeved dress shirt, and a sport or suit jacket (depending on my mood, sometimes I wear a tie, sometimes not, but that's not really relevant here).

Anyway, when the weather gets beastly hot, as it has been for the past several days here, I have only one option to cool off while still looking professional: Lose the jacket. Seriously. That's it. I'm still stuck with the long pants and long-sleeved shirt. And full-coverage leather shoes. With socks.

My female co-workers, however, waltz into the office as relaxed and comfortable as can be in sleeveless tops, short skirts and strappy open-toed shoes with no socks, and are still considered appropriately dressed for the workplace. It's workplace inequality, I tell you! If I have to suffer through the discomfort of keeping everything but my face and hands covered, they should too.

Or better yet: Someone needs to invent office-appropriate, professional-looking shorts for men. Can someone get working on that? Please?

>> No.6427979
File: 114 KB, 900x1350, 1352651771195.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

get a job in advertising; in the mean time, linen.
also, rick owens is doing tailored pod shorts :^)

>> No.6427983

Have you considered something in a lighter fabric?

>> No.6428054
File: 66 KB, 400x600, 0820thom-browne-men-in-shorts_fa[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw