[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 30 KB, 470x317, converse-jack-purcell.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6232050 No.6232050 [Reply] [Original]

i'm in need of a new summer shoe. i had my heard set on a pair of simple jack purcells, but after reading recent reviews i've learned that converse recently cheapened up the materials considerably. disappointing. what do you guys recommend for simple, lightweight, breathable summer kicks?

>> No.6232117

I have a pair of those that I bought from a thrift store; the only differences being that there's not a blue line on the toe and there is a blue and white stitching over the back seam of both shoes.
That being said, they were an excellent cop for about $5, but I'd probably go up to around $30 at most, not ~70 on their website.
In regards to other recommendations, I'm not too keen on other breatheable summer shoes, but just saying I wouldn't spend like 70-80 bones on a pair

>> No.6232123

Where did you read that? This years batch of purcells are (other than different cw's) pretty much identical to the ones of the past few years. Still the same canvas, same thickness, same sole etc. No issues with glueing or decolouration. They are pretty good for the money.

It's a good looking shoe, fits your needs. I wouldn't steer away from them based on what some goober on the internet said.

>> No.6232128

>>6232123
multiple reviews on zappos.com

>> No.6232145

>>6232128
Peculiar.