[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 3.07 MB, 1920x1080, HERO_05_YT2_jpg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18005554 No.18005554 [Reply] [Original]

No Retarded Guide Edition
No Shitizen Anon Edition

Actual watch discussion is mandatory.

>> No.18005558

I like watches.

>> No.18005561
File: 2.07 MB, 4355x2467, DSC_0128.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Citizen Chronomaster AQ4080-52A

>> No.18005565
File: 60 KB, 500x500, 50xldk-107163836.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005561
>look mom, I did it again!!!

>> No.18005566

>>18005558
you're in the wrong place then, faggot

>> No.18005572

>>18005566
ok then, bye

>> No.18005583
File: 528 KB, 1512x2016, glorious chingchong steel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Honest question: why the fuck would I spend 3k on a quartz steel Cartier Tank when I could get a replica that looks and performs EXACTLY the same for 200$?

>> No.18005590

>>18005583
Cucktier

>> No.18005595

>>18005583
1) Because you will be left with the feeling that you have fake garbage in your hands. And, believe me, it's a bad feeling and it WILL surface.
2) Because you should not, in any way, finance chinkchonk subhumans and their hideous nazicommunist country. Any chinkchonk piece of shit that you buy is a stab to your roots, to your future, and to Western civilization as a whole.
3) Because the components of the movement (even if it's quartz) are crap 100% of the times. Even Rolex superclones, that sell for 500-600 dollars and are quite impressive, ultimately fail and break because they have literal dogshit inside. And this is extremely important, because a watch with fake components, no matter how identical to the original they may seem, will keep bad time and, above all, will be refuted once it breaks. Try giving your fake chinkchonk Rolex or Cartier to the watchmaker: he will laugh at you or he will politely ask you to leave the shop. You will embarrass yourself. Because they do not treat fake turds, they repair real watches. That's their job. And you will be left with a poor fake imitation that, in addition to being shitty and stinky, also doesn't work. You will never wear that watch again, and you will feel like a loser and repent.

Not a single fake watch has ever succeeded in breaking this scheme.

>> No.18005597

>>18005595
don't those clones mostly use miyota internals? why would they break any sooner than a $250 japanese shitter other than you being scared of the choina menace?

>> No.18005601

>>18005597
It doesn't matter what gears and jewels they use. They are fake. Do you understand this? It means that they are not made on the basis of centennial experience in watchmaking, but on the basis of the sole purpose to imitate what others have done.

Can you imagine what you would get if you tried to make an exact replica of Monna Lisa? If you were to make an original painting and you were only able to paint as a child, you would 100% make something better and you would get closer to make a masterpiece.

Fake watches fail, because there is no science helping you to replicate the exact infinitesimal bits of knowledge and wisdom involved in every single part of the process of building a watch.

An actual watch is built upon intention. A fake chinkchonk piece of shit is built upon imitation.

They will never be the same thing.

>> No.18005607

>>18005595
>watchmaker will ask you to leave the shop
yeah man, a strap jockey will surely tell you to fuck off when you come to have the $2 dollar battery changed, lmao
>>18005583
better question is why would you buy a quartz cartier in the first place

>> No.18005608

>>18005601
>>Can you imagine what you would get if you tried to make an exact replica of Monna Lisa?
Yeah an exact replica of Mona Lisa? Lmfao?

>> No.18005611

>>18005583
The only reason to buy a fake watch is to impress a fake person. You’ll get better service from your hooker with a Rolex because they think you’ll tip more. And if you get arrested, your real Rolex won’t go into booking

>> No.18005612

>>18005608
From that comment I can easily understand you know nothing of art history and nothing of Leonardo da Vinci.
You simply can't, because the Mona Lisa was painted through countless layers of paint and water for months, which is exactly what makes it what is is. It is literally impossible to replicate because you do not know how Leonardo exactly painted it. And no computer will ever tell you.

It's literally the fucking same thing with watches.

>> No.18005613

>>18005601
Drama queen

I had a fake watch when I was a kid that my mom bought me as a joke. I broke it and then moved on with my life. I'm not even into the fake watch thing but the amount of seethe that it causes insecure micropeens is the main reason I find them kind of interesting. I don't like wasting money but if it upsets people that much, is it really such a waste? Oh wait you're just being silly, carry on then

Anyway if I got a fake I think it would be a breitling becauase it's one of my most hated brands and I really hate the people who like them. Second most likely would be rolex. I would never buy a fake holy trinity or a fake zenith. They even make fake longines, literally why lol. Also fake oris, like what the fuck bro just buy a real oris they're not expensive

Thank you for reading my blog

>> No.18005614

>>18005607
>yeah man, a strap jockey will surely tell you to fuck off when you come to have the $2 dollar battery changed, lmao
Not getting the point. Quartz movements can also break, it's not about changing the fucking battery.

But stay with chinkchonk puke, you are so retarded that you don't even deserve to own a real luxury watch.

>> No.18005615

>>18005601
>>18005595
You are correct and I don't disagree with you, I just want to play devils advocate here. Fake watches usually use already established movements instead of manufacturing them themselves. If it's a quartz, it is a seiko movement. So it will be reliable and won't break. It's not worth it for the chinks to produce their own movements, simple as. Fake mechanical watches usually use a miyota movement, and decorate it. Obviously it won't be chronometer certified because it iwill be +-30 most likely.
In case of a cartier quartz, you will get the same experience for much less. Minus the blue heated hands (or mabye even that one but it won't be the same blue because they timed it differently). The steel might even be cancerous to your skin lognterm because the chinks don't have any health standards or test, obviously, especially on fake watches so just wearing it is a risk to your skin and health.
Most importantly though, the difference in cost comes from the loan of every watchmaker. One swiss watchmaker makes more money than 20 chinks, which automatically means that your original swiss watch has to cost much, much more without it meaning that it will necessarily be a worse watch. Some people even say that their rolex replicas ''feel'' better than their original ones. You must have a friend who told you that at some point. I have two of those. So where does your money go in a high end replica Quartz watch? Regulations, paper work, taxes, the pay/loans of the people that produce this watch, transport it ,CO2 Tax, the middle man who also pays taxes etc.
A chink doesn't have to do that because our globohomo decided that they don't have to abide and paly by the same rules.
At the end, if you buy Swatch, you give money to chinks inderectly anyway.

>> No.18005620
File: 841 KB, 1949x2098, IMG_2677.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thoughts on this? Any other good enamel dials for a similar price?

>> No.18005623

>>18005613
Why do you draw pleasure from seeing a person that gets angry from seeing that a shithole such as China grows? That person is objectively right, that anger is justified. If you were not a brainlet you would share that sentiment.

I guess you love nigger mentality so much that you're okay with the ethics of cheating.

>> No.18005624

>>18005615
>So where does your money go in a high end Quartz watch*
Are you better of buying a replica? Depends. But you have to be honest about it when meeting new people because your first impression will be based on a lie.

>> No.18005627

>>18005615
All you are saying is correct, but still far from the point.

The point is one and only one: if you buy and wear a fake watch, you are supporting those who cheat instead of those who had the idea and created the thing in the first place.

Metaphorically, you are going to a concert of people who dress and play like your favorite band, and pretend you are listening to your favorite band.

It's really this simple.

>> No.18005630

>>18005620
Way too big, would be way into it if it was normal size

>>18005623
First of all your outrage is selective, if it's something you "need" you'll rationalize why china made is perfectly fine so don't act like it's not just about being salty that your "investment" looks stupid when a NEET can buy a super clone for $100. Second, I'm a yellow faced soulless bugman myself and I consider most reddit reeeing about choina to be simple racism dressed up in respectable sounding insincere drivel about muh freedom muh human rights. I don't like the foreign or domestic policy of the PRC any more than anyone else in the neighborhood of the PLA but this is just a rerun of the reeeing about Japan Inc back in the day, which I am old enough to remember (and I understood it for what it was at the time)

>>18005624
In most cases the "lie" with a genuine multi-thousand-dollar-watch that most people buy fakes of is that the person can actually afford it and is not living beyond his means (if your net worth is not well into the seven figures you have no business wearing anything that cost more than $5k)

>> No.18005635

>>18005595
>>18005601
>>18005611
>>18005614
>>18005623
>>18005624
To clarify for you seething retards: I absolutely understand the value of a high-end mechanical watch. I am specifically asking about a quartz tank because imo the price is hilariously inflated. Like others mentioned: replica manufacturers in China don't make the movements, they use Miyota. 3k for a basic quartz movement in a steel case with printed dial doesn't make any sense whatsoever. However, I like the design of the tank. I can't find a watch I'd like to wear in a low-end price bracket. I wouldn't wear it and pretend it's real to impress people. I'd be honest and say it's fake, because it's not a fake status thing for me. Also, for the moralfagging about China: I like China fuck you, Xi is based and redpilled and I'll suck his cock and buy his cheap watches all day long. There's nothing you can do to stop me. Fuck you.
The only slightly valid point is >>18005627
But honestly if the quartz tank was priced appropriately at like €800 I would buy it. I want quartz because it's a dress watch that I wouldn't wear daily.

>> No.18005636
File: 1.23 MB, 1871x1775, 20240206.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005613
Not that anon but what do you want a watch for? Strictly as a tool, status symbol, "reward to myself", accessory, jewelry? I don't think you can get any with a fake. My advice - if you don't want to spend a shit-ton of money on watch, go look for a legit budget watch that ticks all of your boxes. At least that way you know what you pay for and you involve yourself in the process of more. Better to feel proud of a dime well spent and a choice well made, than to feel second hand embarrassment at what you could have had and what you got whenever you look at your wrist.

>> No.18005640

>>18005636
I've been buying and selling watches for longer than most of you have been alive, I'm not some 19 year old looking for advice on whether to spend his paper route money on a fossil or a citizen, so I don't need advice on what watch to buy. But to answer your question people usually buy watches for multiple overlapping reasons, and most of those reasons, for some people, can be satisfied with a fake tag just as well as with a kenneth cole or gucci

>> No.18005641

>>18005627
You are once again right. To me, my watches are a reminder that I have come far and they are a big confidence booster. A fake watch is a reminder that I didn't have the money to get the thing that I actually wanted.
I would personally never buy a fake one. And I actively avoid buying anything chinese or even made in china. When a friend asked me
>''Why do you care so much if your watch is made in china?'' (talking about swatch) ''Is there anything in your possession that is NOT made in china?''
And I told him
>''Yeah, my watches? My car?''
he went silent after that.

>> No.18005642

>>18005635
You pay for the brand recognition, which is a huge reason to buy X watch to begin with. You don't buy a Rolex for its movement finishing or decoration, 80% of the price might even be brand recognition.

>> No.18005643

>>18005630
>First of all your outrage is selective, if it's something you "need" you'll rationalize why china made is perfectly fine so don't act like it's not just about being salty that your "investment" looks stupid when a NEET can buy a super clone for $100. Second, I'm a yellow faced soulless bugman myself and I consider most reddit reeeing about choina to be simple racism dressed up in respectable sounding insincere drivel about muh freedom muh human rights. I don't like the foreign or domestic policy of the PRC any more than anyone else in the neighborhood of the PLA but this is just a rerun of the reeeing about Japan Inc back in the day, which I am old enough to remember (and I understood it for what it was at the time)
Wrong, I'm not racist because I don't give a literal fuck either about your DNA, your Darwinian origins, your yellow skin, your almond-shaped eyes, and your 12 cm dick. I hate your country, this is the point. I hate your government, I hate your system, I hate the mentality behind it, I hate that you are a mass of insects unable to rebel and reclaim your human rights. And I hate all of this because I fear it and because I am aware that our ruling class likes that model and flirts with your country. I do not need to hide any of this. Going back to watches, anyone who buys chinkchonk excrements is indirectly supporting that model and killing the West, so I am perfectly right to be annoyed and upset. An insight: if your country were to eliminate all the fake imitations it produces (and when I mean all, I mean ALL) and started to produce original things, within a decade it would probably gain the same economic success it now has (well it's not success, it's literally mass-scale theft and niggerish cheating, but whatever). Unfortunately though, most Western people doubt that chinkchonks are even still capable to produce anything original. This is the image of yourselves that you created for the rest of the world. Your reputation couldn't be lower.

>> No.18005645

>>18005642
What regular person would recognize a Cartier? It's a bunch of French hubris.

>> No.18005646

>>18005641
I totally feel you. Also, what's your car if I can ask?

>> No.18005651

>>18005643
>I hate your government, I hate your system, I hate the mentality behind it, I hate that you are a mass of insects unable to rebel and reclaim your human rights. And I hate all of this because I fear it and because I am aware that our ruling class likes that model and flirts with your country. I do not need to hide any of this.
I understand your hatred of the united snakes of ameriKKKa, we've definitely got our hands in a lot of people's business, but I thought we were talking about the PRC?

>An insight: if your country were to eliminate all the fake imitations it produces (and when I mean all, I mean ALL) and started to produce original things, within a decade it would probably gain the same economic success it now has (well it's not success, it's literally mass-scale theft and niggerish cheating, but whatever).
I agree to a certain extent, calling fake plastic wisconsin cheese "parmesan" and calling vile pink zinfandel from fresno "burgundy" is cringe but I think the main issue here is that corporations have been allowed to write the rules and this has allowed them to get away with producing garbage for too long. There's plenty of high quality stuff that sells with the prestige of its own name but the fakery really brings us down doesn't it

Anyway, watches right? Can we get back on topic?

>>18005645
Cartiers are quite well known, I'm not sure what rock you're living under

>> No.18005654

>>18005640
>I've been buying and selling watches for longer than most of you have been alive
And yet you're still in the dark as to why getting a fake is a bad deal. You can never be satisfied with a fake version of something. You can only tolerate it.

>> No.18005655

>>18005646
A Lexus GS450H

>> No.18005656

>>18005654
You're defining the satisfaction conditions to support your argument, there is no reason that a fake of anything whatsoever cannot satisfy a consumer. It can't necessarily satisfy *any* consumer but there's a market for pretty much everything, including as we can see, fakes, which, if the internet is any indication, has a non-trivial population of repeat customers

>> No.18005657

>>18005642
If you don't want to pay that much for the name, then buy from a smaller brand, there are great watches out there that are relatively cheap and also original, not inspired by the Submariner or whatever. You will help a small independent brand, you will give work to Western people and you will probably own something that is destined to grow in value over the years. It will most probably be an investment. Remember those beautiful but quirky chronographs that Universal Géneve used to make in the 50s? They used to cost as much as a cheap new brand of today, but now they're worth 5k-10k of bucks. Buy what you like and what is in your possibilities, not fake watches. There's a way to be stylish and elegant for everyone.

>> No.18005660

>>18005657
Have an alternative suggestion for a Tank then?

>> No.18005662

>>18005660
Oriental bugman here, old tanks and tonneaus are cheap as fuck and for an occasional flimsy dress watch they're probably not a bad choice even if you have to spend a few hundred to get it serviced.

If it's fake cartier vs "authentic" (I use the term loosely as you will see) vintage then you could probably be convinced that a redial would be morally acceptable, it makes watch spergs blow a gasket to know that their precious $400 museum piece has been "faked" (aka cleaned) but back when those kinds of watches were worn as watches and not purchased for reddit updoots redials and frankenservicing was considered normal and not at all weird. So you might consider a redialed and polished vintage hammy or elgin tank or tonneau. As an added bonus the polishing and redialing makes spergs have a hilarious internet tantrum so you can have your sperg meltdowns without buying anything from china if that's what gets your rocks off

>> No.18005663

>>18005615
>At the end, if you buy Swatch, you give money to chinks inderectly anyway.
The Swatch group, even if it uses chinkchonk slaves workforce, is still a Swiss macro-company made of Swiss brands.
I don't think it makes any sense to avoid Omega or Longines just because their gears are assembled by chinkchonk fingers.
But yeah, anyway good for you if you're scrupulous enough to buy only from those 10 brands that build their watches in Europe.

>> No.18005664
File: 781 KB, 750x1333, product-sp_top_SPB121J1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005554
Thoughts?

>> No.18005665

>>18005664
Speaking of fakes. They ruined the SARB017. If I got one of those I'd always be comparing it to the real thing

>> No.18005666

>>18005663
Sadly I only have two watches made 100% in Europe. A HOMOS and a Tudor ceramic. The rest are Weebland. As far as I know, no chinese fingers have touched my watches.

>> No.18005667

>>18005666
Nice digits, also are you the guy with the Credor

>> No.18005671

>>18005666
By the way a lot of watches that are in the Swatch group, such as Omega and Longines (I've just googled it), continue to be produced in Switzerland, so they're not touched by chinkchonk fingers.

>> No.18005672

>>18005664
I don't know about your watch, but the Alpinist is literally the only beautiful and original thing Seiko has ever made.

>> No.18005673

>>18005612
Yo tardus Mona Lisa was painted by random boys that your boy Leo fucked up the ass. No one gives a shit.

>> No.18005676

>>18005671
>such as Omega
>continue to be produced in Switzerland
>they're not touched by chinkchonk fingers
Oh boy, who's going to tell him?

>> No.18005677

>>18005676
Tell me, if you know. No need to waste a post that way.

>> No.18005679
File: 2.42 MB, 3088x1737, Casio_Ass.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005595
>>18005601
>>18005613
>>18005614
>>18005615
>>18005630
>>18005635
>>18005641
>>18005643
>>18005651
>>18005657
>>18005663
Not reading any of that gibberish,
Casio is Kang, end of the story.

>> No.18005680

>>18005679
Beautiful, any more of this?

>> No.18005681

>>18005614
>this dumb retard thinks that anyone ever in their lives actually repaired a $200 fake quartz watches movement
nigga just swap it for like $15 or bettet yet, buy another, different fake. Who the fuck would ever consider "repairing" a cheap shit quartz movement lmaoooooo
also, you don't own SHIT, faggot

>> No.18005682

>>18005679
I will stick that F91W in your pink butthole and make you lick it clean.

>> No.18005683

>>18005681
You are a nigger, and niggers wear fake watches. I'm fine with this. Leave me alone.

>> No.18005694

>>18005676
Don't

>> No.18005695

>>18005667
yes,
a GCAR965 and a GCBT995

>> No.18005697

>>18005694
It's not that deep, anon. Are Omegas assembled in China or not? If yes, the proof. If not, the proof. I'm waiting. It's a two lines post, really.

>> No.18005718
File: 246 KB, 1500x1500, GMW-B5000TVA-ROBOT.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>muh buying fake watch is gay and pathetic
I bought a knock off autism gshock case for $80 and I am very satisfied I didn't pay >$1,500 for the exact same product with better finishing and DLC coating.

>> No.18005733 [DELETED] 

Guide to posters

Major avatarfags
=============

>Poortadello/OmegaDrunk
Multi-reply specialist. Canadian. Gay. Only posts about his own watches. Very repetitive posts. Has several obscure Omegas only he cares about. Notorious for samefagging. Obsessed with BitterAnon.

>Whoretadello
Balding Greek living in Germany. Has a tendency of buying too large watches. Cleans cars for a living. Has a Tudor, Homos, and some Seikos. Life currently falling apart, filling the void with materialism and falling in love with strippers. Made a discord server, has total of two members. Tax evader, made plans and tried to hide the evidence by deleting posts, see >>17927791

>Citizen drunk/Finncel
25% Finnish, 50% Swedish, rest is a mystery. Lives in Finland. Works as a shelver in a grocery store. Alcoholic. Repetitive posts about alcohol, coins and Eco-Drives. Tragic case of gyno.

>Mortadello
Very positive and friendly, but doesn't post anything of any consequence. Lawyer. Obese. Posts improving photos of amazing watches. Lies about his age. Does not take criticism well.

Semi-regular posters
================

>HamiltonDrunk
Posts a single picture per thread before getting drunk and passing out. Owns a Hamilton. Works in television and film.

>Nobully anon
Trans. Has rich parents who have bought them several VCs.

>Cockwatch
Has one F-91W, has posted it on his cock. Mostly posts the Casio with Soviet knick-knacks. Wants to be Emma Watson. Russian living in Latvia with mommy. Has ties to BitterAnon.

>ALS anon
Has an 1815 Up/Down. Stays under the radar, but occasionally pops his head up to flex and complain

>Hungarian anon
Is a watchmaker, complains about his customers

>Central Florida Anon
Looking for a wristlet to love

>Raketanon
Has 3 soviet Raketa watches and a Raketa table clock. Likes his big 0. Wanted to be listed and got listed.

>BitterAnon
Who is the mysterious BitterAnon? It could be anyone! It could even be you! Currently residing inside the heads of several avatarfags.

>> No.18005738
File: 784 KB, 2500x2500, 1690413124321499.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This one is 39mm.
It doesn't have the fancy "atomic time", it's not titanium and it doesn't have the gazillions complications of the Citizen Tsuki Yomi, but it fits my wrist and it looks kind of cool I guess.

>> No.18005739
File: 2.80 MB, 3468x4624, IMG20240205133204.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.18005741

>>18005739
kek

>> No.18005745

So, are there any femanons on /wt/?

>> No.18005749
File: 479 KB, 602x398, image_2024-02-06_115237934.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't understand why Omega would want to stop making these.

>> No.18005756

>>18005745
I'm gender-fluid if that counts.

>> No.18005757
File: 232 KB, 2000x1333, Timex_LE_II_white_03-v1699466573824-2313494612.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ww75 sells out in a couple days, gets scalped for double retail price
>they release a new model
>it either has a pink ass dial or pink hands
jfc timex you had one job

>> No.18005760
File: 182 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault-2827881554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005636
Any recs for a red dial watch? I was thinking of getting a Negroni Seiko presage

>> No.18005762

>>18005739
>dumb weeb shit
>can’t afford a rolex

wow it’s almost as if I’ve seen this before.

>> No.18005764

>>18005762
>dumb weeb shit

I don't like weeb shit, but c'mon man. You are outing yourself as a zoomer. That's Obelix the Gaul and it's pretty cool.

>> No.18005767
File: 75 KB, 800x533, S.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005760
I like mine, changed the strap for casual wear.

>> No.18005768
File: 161 KB, 1200x1600, pobeda.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005760
>>18005767
That looks like a red Pobeda

>> No.18005770
File: 69 KB, 800x534, C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005760
And I also bought this for more spice.

>> No.18005772
File: 299 KB, 1588x1588, 95581652.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005770

>> No.18005774
File: 83 KB, 1024x688, cbe3118a82.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005768
>>18005772
>Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh le heckerinoooo Sovietski Watcherinooooooo, OOOOOHHHHHH Reddit sistas gonna love this one!
Just stop.

>> No.18005775
File: 2.54 MB, 1278x1092, 291919.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005774

>> No.18005780
File: 3.46 MB, 4030x2412, IMG_20240101_154118__01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005554

>> No.18005781
File: 2.32 MB, 287x240, Tom-Cruise-gifs.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005780
>date: 1
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

>> No.18005783
File: 279 KB, 1566x1600, 952195.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.18005794
File: 466 KB, 1920x1242, moonswatch-omega-swatch-iws-640137766.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's your opinion on the Moonswatch? The Swatch store near me is selling these below retail.

>> No.18005795
File: 122 KB, 700x700, seiko SRPE43J1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005760
>>18005767
This weird ass swirling diamond pattern is the best cocktail time dial

Fight me

>> No.18005797
File: 278 KB, 2100x2100, Seiko-Presage-Cocktail-Matcha-SRPF41J1-1-1834999094.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005795
For me, it's the matcha tea one. Though unfortunately if you want one you'll have to get it scalped.

>> No.18005802

>>18005794
I own the Mars one. It's an absolute piece of shit toy watch, but pretty fun to wear. Would not pay more than $100 for this shitter if I got to choose again.

>> No.18005806

>>18005802
>but pretty fun to wear
what does this mean tho
that other people like it?

>> No.18005808
File: 1.91 MB, 4608x3456, IMG_20240118_180519.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005781
Huhh?

>> No.18005812

>>18005794
Shitty marketing bait. The usual cuckjaks obviously fell for it.

>> No.18005818

>>18005806
Only watch autists care about it. It's just a fun colorway that looks good with casual clothes, like a white t-shirt.

>> No.18005819

>>18005794
I don't own one but their release was hilarious. People shat on them nonstop then bought them anyway at scalped prices. Every single youtuber on the platform called them shitty plastic but then bought them anyway. They aren't even limited edition so the whole scalping mess was entirely pointless. They do seem pretty popular tho, the girl that works at my bank wears one. I'd say that if you like them, buy one. Personally, I don't.

>> No.18005822
File: 885 KB, 2136x2805, W22W9932_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go to Raawwwllleeecks store to see their models in the flesh
>extremely unremarkable and unimpressed
>even the dial lettering looks kinda cheap and basic

only the gold models look kinda nice but I think any solid gold watch would have that wow factor anyway

>> No.18005824

>>18005775
>>18005783
Just KYS fucking retarded redditfag

>> No.18005828

>>18005808
>>18005824

>> No.18005831

>>18005822
I think the silver dial with gold hands and indexes looks pretty awesome honestly.

>> No.18005842
File: 356 KB, 1588x1588, 9856949.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005824

>> No.18005844
File: 1.67 MB, 3712x1896, DSC_0139.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.18005846

>>18005794
my boss has one that he wears to show he's a "regular guy". it appeared on his wrist not long after I got a grand seiko. he just stopped wearing nice watches. I assume I'm responsible for that. I honestly didn't expect him to notice

>> No.18005850

>>18005846
Doesn't make any fucking sense. The watch is just horrendous and your boss has no taste.

>> No.18005854
File: 494 KB, 1200x1600, IMG20240206131619.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005762
I refer spending the half on a watch and the rest in other better things.
I don't like rolex btw, the only rolex I like is the vintage explorer 36mm printed dial and in no way I'm going to spend that amount of money on an old watch. Modern rolexes are pretty bloated and overall I dislike the distinctive designs such as mercedes hands and the crown.

About tudor, I would like my bb58 more if it had the Tudor rose instead of the shield.

>> No.18005855

>>18005822
>fautina good when Rolex does it

>> No.18005858

>>18005855
There's no fautina on that you brainlet

>> No.18005860

>>18005850
it makes perfect sense, he wants to demonstrate that he doesn't want to participate in let alone encourage an office watch contest and what better way than to wear a flamboyantly cheap, basically disposable watch?

>> No.18005861

>>18005643
BASED
FUCK CHINA FUCK THE CCP

>> No.18005864
File: 516 KB, 1000x667, 1707243800956.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005794
>opinions on the Moonswatch
Just get a lunar pilot, or look for pic related. Anything but that plastic piece of shit. Looks like something you'd find in a cereal box.

>> No.18005866
File: 93 KB, 586x886, mlady.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005861
Respect!

it takes some cojones to come out and say something so controversial despite knowing the consequences!

>> No.18005867

>>18005860
He probably just likes the moonswatch lol, you're just overthinking it

>> No.18005871
File: 2.68 MB, 1373x1376, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005679
What the heck did you just say about my watch collection, you little bargain-bin shopper? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Horology Appreciation Society, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Sotheby's auctions, and I have over 300 confirmed rare timepieces. I am trained in luxury watch valuation and I’m the top collector in the entire watch enthusiasts' online forums. Your Casio F91W is nothing to me but just another cheap plastic toy. I will wipe it off the face of the Earth with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my luxury words.

You think you can get away with saying that garbage to me over the Internet? Think again, watch plebeian. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of watchmakers across Switzerland and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your watch collection. You’re freaking done, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can outbid you in over seven hundred auctions, and that’s just with my Swiss bank account.

Not only am I extensively trained in bidding wars, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Watch Collectors' Elite Forum and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable Casio off the face of the continent, you little dime-store shopper. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your freaking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re freaking done, kiddo.

>> No.18005876

>>18005871
Stop posting ai slop.

>> No.18005878

>>18005876
make me, faggot

>> No.18005879

>>18005878
I'll cut your throat and rape your sister

>> No.18005880
File: 1.41 MB, 1385x1603, 1707244594990.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>lazy postin'
How's everyone doing today

>> No.18005882

>>18005879
Ah, you think luxury is your ally? You merely adopted opulence. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see a department store watch until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but cheap craftsmanship. The vaults of Swiss masterpieces betray you because they belong to me!

You attempt to use your newfound wealth as if it were a sign of taste, but you lack the refinement, the culture. Wealth, to you, is something to be flaunted with garish displays and mass-produced trinkets. To me, it is but a tool to cultivate an existence of true elegance, a lineage of taste passed down through generations.

You dare step into my world with your pedestrian timepiece, thinking it can compete with heirlooms that have graced the wrists of monarchs, adorned the annals of history, pieces so rare and exquisite that their names are whispered in reverence among the true connoisseurs.

You see, in this realm of timeless beauty and inherited grandeur, your watch is not even worthy of being a footnote. It's not the brand, nor the price tag that defines the worth of a timepiece, but the story it tells, the hands it has passed through, the eras it has witnessed. Each tick not just a measurement of time, but a symphony of history, craftsmanship, and legacy.

So, go ahead, flash your modern luxury, parade your digital acquisition. It will never compare to the prestige of true heritage, the weight of tradition, and the subtlety of genuine class. You play at the game of time with novelties, while I orchestrate epochs with artifacts.

Remember, while you were busy celebrating your first luxury purchase, I was curating a collection that transcends time itself. For in the end, you and your Casio are merely temporary visitors in a world where I am forever a resident, an arbiter of taste in a lineage that defines the essence of true luxury.

Verification not required.

>> No.18005884
File: 1000 KB, 1024x1024, AQUAMATIC-biarritz-story_1024x1024_jpg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*improves the summer skin diver game*

>> No.18005888
File: 1.80 MB, 1333x2000, 1691316148374927.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got it
I can't resist a split steel bezel

>> No.18005896
File: 194 KB, 386x445, 673.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005643
>>18005861
>zogbots so booty bothered they pull out a wall of text judeoanglo pilpul

[x] Cope
[x] Seethe

>> No.18005907

>>18005884
Strong red!

>> No.18005910

>>18005888
How's the bracelet?

>> No.18005916
File: 2.99 MB, 4295x2835, 1701724006015906.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What the fuck did you just fucking say about Citizen Eco-Drive, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in microelectronics, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Chinese watch factories, and I have over 300 confirmed charges. I am trained in solar warfare and I'm the top timekeeper in the entire watch industry. You are nothing to me but just another shitter. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of watch enthusiasts in Discord and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, faggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your collection. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can charge my watch in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with THE SUN. Not only am I extensively trained in quartz horology, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Citizen Eco-Drive watches and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking post. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're hecking done for, kiddo.

>> No.18005917
File: 1.82 MB, 480x854, 1691876455260792.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005910
It hasn't come in yet, but it has solid links and (a first for edifice at this price) solid end links.
I happen to be an edifice expert so I know it will be comfy with mediocre to ok articulation.
The best thing about this watch other than the bezel and the good overall design:
>no FUCKING 24 hour subdial
Thank you based casio

>> No.18005919

>>18005664
X ruins the dial, unironically

>> No.18005922

>>18005664
You will never be a SARB. You have a a cyclops and gayseX on the dial. A crude mockery of 2000's seiko perfection.

>> No.18005928
File: 1.06 MB, 1868x2616, 1706058142719387.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005738
I've got the same speedtimer in a different color way, its a solid watch

>> No.18005931
File: 2.56 MB, 322x178, 1700443337380658.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005738
>>18005928
>USELESS 24 hour subdial

>> No.18005938

Thoughts on Maen watches?

>> No.18005951
File: 1.92 MB, 500x500, giphy5.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005931
>that gif
gets me everytime

>> No.18005952

>>18005938
makes it seem like you enjoy the cocks of other maen

>> No.18005957
File: 577 KB, 1000x432, Manhattan_midnight_salmon_desktop_banner_1000x_jpg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005938
I think they're really nice

>> No.18005959

>>18005928
Post moar pls

>> No.18005961 [DELETED] 
File: 29 KB, 600x600, 1671441845438142.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005957
>non-white wristshot
No thank you.

>> No.18005963

>>18005961
>has never got a tan
I feel very sad thinking about your childhood.

>> No.18005965
File: 604 KB, 1080x1350, 384490649_744716127666890_8573116170411368160_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005938
Their tricompax chrono is incredible

>> No.18005967
File: 503 KB, 1080x1350, 384345136_744716121000224_6061917847803503898_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005965

>> No.18005968

>>18005916
kek

>> No.18005972 [DELETED] 
File: 1.51 MB, 2971x3159, Average_Casio_Enjoyer copy1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005963
>I feel very sad thinking about your childhood.
If it ain't white, its just ain't right...simple as.
Non whites on suicidewatch LOL

>> No.18005974

>>18005972
You don't understand how "racial taste" works.
I'll stop making lewd comments on your body from now on.

>> No.18005976

>>18005974
>racial taste
seems like a term to come out of a US Academia, therefore not worth even a pence

>> No.18006030

>>18005627
>instead of those who had the idea and created the thing in the first place.
So I take it you only buy independents then? Because genta isn't seeing any money from your RO purchase.

>> No.18006038

>>18005976
Your perception of physical attributes is objectively distorted and fallacious, on a logic plan.
The white racist has a dualistic view, white/black, and places the positive pole of the spectrum on the furthest extreme (the whitest the better), which is a blatant contradiction.
The superior racial connoisseur, who has a higher taste than the white racist, emphasises the importance of the spectrum and therefore does not fall into dualism, which is by necessity false: this means that the superior racial connoisseur recognizes beauty in the intermediate latitudinal band, which is the happy medium on the basis of obvious geometry. This is intrinsically a ternary vision, which has been deemed superior to dualistic views in every age, in every culture, in every place. You have the extreme northern limit, the extreme southern limit, and the blessed intermediate range. It's a correct, punctual, and undeniable ternary logic that mogs the white/black dualism. And, of course, it is also supported by widely shared and commonly experienced aesthetic impressions: extreme northerners, those who live close to the Arctic Polar Circle, look as bad, dull, ugly, sickly and untrustworthy as central African and equatorial peoples. This is flagrant. Other than logically supported. So remember: every time you intensify your incorrectness by polarizing the positive side of the spectrum on the whitest extreme instead of in the central range, the 'aurea medietas', you are not only failing and embarrassing yourself, but also proving to be a tasteless irrelevant homosexual as you, in fact, are.

>> No.18006041
File: 13 KB, 259x194, 1687517971787980.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006038
not reading alldat

>> No.18006057
File: 454 KB, 526x1200, SWR049_1_1200x1200.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005635
Why not just buy a seiko tank if all you want is the design? It's essentially the same watch, it just says seiko instead of cartier

>> No.18006059
File: 61 KB, 563x816, 3958b7b3ef746bb93ec861cba1e20a76.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005627
If 98% of the product can be replicated at 1/10th of the price

Who really is the cheaters in this scenario?

>who created the thing

Then we should all be only wearing breguet watches and only breguet watches because they (apparently) made the first wristwatch

>> No.18006062

>>18005965
>>18005967
>Nice vintage daytona bro!
>What? It's not a rolex?
>A main? A mang? You know what nevermind

>> No.18006063

>>18005965
it's just a chink paul newman daytona homage
I bet they're charging close to 1k for this arent they

>> No.18006067
File: 695 KB, 1295x1727, 1700762059231420.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005718
>for the exact same product
I wish I didn't know better.

>> No.18006071
File: 66 KB, 552x1353, 61O5gcd9xaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006057
Casio also has one

>> No.18006072

>>18005855
>the colour yellow is now fauxtina

fucking moron

>> No.18006074

>>18006063
Why chink?
>every tricompax chrono I see must be a homage to the daytona
Retarded and historically wrong logic

>> No.18006079

>>18006067
it looks cool but
>fine resin cushioning
always makes me giggle

>> No.18006094
File: 2.72 MB, 4000x3000, e97ab357-f139-402c-b945-71bfd754642b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005972
post ass

>> No.18006109

Automatic cucks be like
>41 hours have passed babe, I'm already soft, can you jerk it real quick today?
>yes honey
Quartz CHADS be like
>I'm still rock hard after 30 years baby

>> No.18006112

>>18006109
Manual gigachads be like
>you know I can't get up without your wank babe, do it now

>> No.18006115
File: 1.50 MB, 3600x2400, 4T7D5DZZVDLM4W6C5LLJVUS2TA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006109
>average quartz experience
>dying in your watchbox every 1-2 years

>solar movement
>if it breaks you have to throw it out because the entire module is borked

>> No.18006116

>>18006109
What quartz watch has a 30 year battery life?

>> No.18006130

>>18006116
Solar modules should last a couple decades, some make it 30 years if they are used regularly.

>> No.18006134

>>18006071
Basado

>> No.18006190

>>18006057
Too big. Ugly. And the small version is too small.

>> No.18006209
File: 35 KB, 480x478, catcat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Going to NYC
>Thinking about visiting a Rolex boutique to see what they have
>It's by appointment only
Why in the fuck would you make an appointment to visit a watch they're never going to sell you?

>> No.18006210

Hey I'm banned from /tv/ for sneedposting

Let's talk about watches for the next few days

What brand is worn by bigger faggots, Nomos or Cartier?

>> No.18006211
File: 95 KB, 686x386, senda.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

take the sinopill

>> No.18006216

>>18006210
Cartier is a legitimate watchmaker with real history that serves clients of every level from mall shoppers to ultrarich 1% of the 1% hauthorology enthusiasts.

Nomos are just polished shitters parents buy for their kids for graduating college.

>> No.18006219

>>18006216
pretentious gay vs overrated bumhouse gay

>> No.18006230
File: 165 KB, 413x511, sub.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006209
As always, the best way to go is the secondary market

If you're thinking of buying a sub (the most popular rolex) you can even get them below retail if you're willing to buy an older (and also better looking) version

This is a five number reference sub, cheaper and better looking than a brand new one

>> No.18006249

Whoretadello is responsible for at least 50 posts ITT

>> No.18006251
File: 821 KB, 849x729, 1705012423616152.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bought Oceanus S100 white/gold version. Think it might be too formal as daily wear for someone that just wears hoodies/t-shirts/jeans, but I honestly like the white color compared to black.

>> No.18006252

>>18006251
You'll be surprised how easy it is to dress down. It's not some tiny gold Tank.
You'll love it. It's a great watch.
Post pics when you get it. Make the Soikofags seethe.

>> No.18006253

>>18006251
That’s silver surely?

>>18006230
Five digit Rolexes are undefeated aesthetically but the bracelets suck.

>> No.18006257

>>18006253
>Five digit Rolexes are undefeated aesthetically but the bracelets suck.
The bracelets are fine. They're lighter and more flexible than the modern ones, and they're more comfortable.
I don't know how badly your pancreas is malfunctioning that you actually need tool-free on-the-fly adjustment but for the non-Americans, a toothpick is more than adequate for day-to-day adjustments.

>> No.18006258

>>18006230
looks uggers

>> No.18006260
File: 715 KB, 733x672, 1693750540192175.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006252
Thanks for the assurance, and will post pics.
>>18006253
Yeah you're right. I just accidentally associate silver with this watch I own that's more grey.

>> No.18006261

>>18006257
I have one, they are shit. They’re charming and I like them, but they are also not good

I don’t care about micro adjustment

>> No.18006265

>>18006261
They're fine. What are you worried about? Accidentally flexing your wrist too hard and breaking a link?

>> No.18006269

>>18006265
I like turning my watches around in my hand and enjoying their weight and contours

>> No.18006275

>>18006269
Ah, ok. Yeah. Then old Rolex bracelets are shitty, you're right. I just wear them so I don't notice those things.

>> No.18006349
File: 717 KB, 838x1482, the BEST chart.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This thread nees the almighty BEST chart.

>> No.18006364
File: 419 KB, 1476x1085, DSC_9025.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Perseo.

>> No.18006370

>>18006364
poorseo lmfao

>> No.18006424

>>18006074
nigger that's the exact font used on the PN daytona

>> No.18006430

>>18006251
You'll be fine, it looks stunning.

>> No.18006442

>>18006251
based based based

>> No.18006457
File: 617 KB, 1200x2000, cock-colorways.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005795
desu, various colorways to test in-person...

>> No.18006462

>>18005795
>>18006457
... and they all look nice upon checking. I like my red dial when under direct sunlight.

>> No.18006465
File: 607 KB, 800x1734, S.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006462

>> No.18006472
File: 412 KB, 800x1200, S-macha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005797
that's one gorgeous looking dial indeed.

>> No.18006487
File: 404 KB, 1280x1511, 1280px-Alexey_Gromyko,_IEIS_conference_«Russia_and_the_EU_the_question_of_trust»-101.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can you please identify this watch?

>> No.18006495
File: 843 KB, 2586x1939, DSC_0885~3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006251
Oceanus(es) are great!

>> No.18006499

>>18006495
Ok that one is actually pretty epic. Link?

>> No.18006501

>>18006487
looks like a B type flieger in gold/bronze

>> No.18006507
File: 227 KB, 1059x885, 41.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>oh you wanna buy this ordinary datejust with the most boring configuration you could think of? tell me a story, and it better be good

>> No.18006519

>>18005749
The Globemaster is basically the modern continuation

>> No.18006532
File: 1.04 MB, 2200x1466, L1030473.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

why do people basedface so much over making an already existing watch smaller? Do people everywhere just think a 40mm dive watch is too large for their dainty wrists?

this thing came out and everybody was like "omg this is what we need!!!!" its like you can just buy the 58 already

>> No.18006549
File: 2.24 MB, 3024x4032, 1690412518936621.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006532
Anon, think of the wristlets like me!
I can't wear anything above 40mm.

>> No.18006563

>>18006487
That's a vintage Raketa got from eBay for 90 bucks

>> No.18006567

>>18006532
Useless complainers like you are toxic for a country

>> No.18006580

>>18006532
it's almost as if normal people aren't fat slobs with 8 inch wrists. the increase in watch size over the years is consistent with the growth of obesity in the USA, the biggest consumer market. watch brands reacted to this since there was an obvious demand for larger watches. now consumers are demanding smaller watches and the brands are once again reacting to the demand.

>> No.18006581
File: 62 KB, 800x533, Ca.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006549
I'm also a wristlet. Smol watches choose me.

>> No.18006584
File: 977 KB, 833x800, watxh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006549
>>18006581
same

>> No.18006593
File: 48 KB, 554x554, images - 2024-02-07T185346.955.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006499
It's Oceanus OCW-P500. About 180 USD in Japan used.

>> No.18006602

>>18006580
Based truth-speaker

>> No.18006603

>>18006507
this is so redditors level of lameness. Also the audacity of rolex is disgusting. Imagine begging to be able to spend thousands of dollars. You're a cuck if you buy a rolex these days. The AD should be in a kneeling position talking to you the whole time you walk in to the store, don't make eye contect with you unless you give them permission, kissing your feet when you buy their products. Not this AD flattering bs

>> No.18006604

>>18006580
stop speaking like a retarded redditor

>> No.18006612
File: 2.82 MB, 2007x2271, bitter.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005733
>Who is the mysterious BitterAnon?
YOU.

Guide to BitterAnon
================

>BitterAnon
Unemployed autist. Gay. Obese. Schizophrenic. Notorious for samefagging. Hates people posting their watches. Seethes at everyone. Posts list & chart. Obsessed with OmegaDrunk and Whoretadello. Shills Rolex despite not owning one. Excellent at ban evading. Posts from multiple devices.

>> No.18006616

>>18006603
The point is that today's Rolexes are upsettingly devoid of inspiration. Just dull, boring watches. Exact classic pieces they've always produced, which is fine, but surprisingly worse than vintage specimens. It's like they're receding.

>> No.18006638

>>18006616
The irony of success

Rolex cannot innovate because they are popular because of their designs. That are increasingly becoming basic and dated.

>> No.18006645

>>18006549
Post song

>> No.18006656

How often do you have to send automatic watches for maintenance? I was thinking of getting a 500$ seiko but if I have to pay just as much to get it fixed every couple of years I'll probably just get a quartz

>> No.18006662

>>18006656
a 500$ seiko is going to use a 50$ movement
at the very worst case scenario, you can just swap out the movement, a watchmaker would probably charge like 10$ for this 10 minute ordeal
also, there's little reason to service a cheap watch, it wasn't accurate when new, it's not much less accurate after 5 years of no service

>> No.18006677
File: 1.40 MB, 2943x1965, speedyreducedII.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thinking of buying a watch from nipland, but the listing says it's been polished and my experience is that the nips prefer overpolishing to under. The photos are all kind of crap (pic related isn't from the listing) but the price is right - it's like 2 grand less than a local seller has the same model - and if the timekeeping rate is trustworthy it seems like it's been serviced as well which is an extra plus since it's a Speedy Reduced. Should I take the risk?

>> No.18006678

>>18006656
I probably wouldn't service a Seiko unless it was losing an hour a day or just didn't work. 4R movements are like a hundred bucks at the most, any watchmaker worth his salt can swap it out.

>> No.18006686

>>18006677
japan is a good source for watches so i wouldnt worry about it being fake or anything like that, there aren't really any good fake speedmaster professionals let alone reduced anyway

id say if its under 2 grand then go ahead and buy it since you dodge having to formally declare it with all the associated costs of that, if it's over then just buy within the US at a couple hundred bucks premium (definitely dont buy at that local seller, my guess is theyre just overpricing it)

>> No.18006692
File: 276 KB, 1000x1000, 15813140-578d4duthu0cuzj0rpnk0pex-Zoom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006656
>how often
If they're new, contemporary watches, once every 5-6 years should be fine.
If they're vintage, the rule is once every 2-3 years. If you treat them very well, 3 is good.
Also, the service prices are always overstated, I have no idea why.
Unless you need to completely restore a watch corpse, it will never be over a hundred dollars/euros.
For a general check-up and adjustment of accuracy it will be somewhere between 50 and 100.
If the movement breaks, the price will range from 200 for more common watches, to 300-400 for Rolexes, to 500-600 for luxury chronographs.
Chronographs, especially when vintage, always require more expensive servicing. However it also depends on what you need to fix.
Sometimes you'd be surprised to find out how cheap some types of servicing actually are. Always ask before giving handing the watch over.

>> No.18006697

while on topic of servicing, anyone ever heard that the new age oils are shit and dry out faster than the vintage ones? as in if you service with new oils, you need to do it basically every 3 years or so, but you could get away with much longer intervals before
one watchmaker told this to me, but I'm not too impressed with their work and she's also a woman

>> No.18006715

>>18006697
That's interesting, but honestly what I think is that it's not my business.
If I go to an excellent watchmaker I trust him, and I let him do his job as he sees fit.

>> No.18006722

What are some watches famously worn by astronauts apart from the Moonwatch?

>> No.18006727

>>18006656
almost nobody actually gets their $500 seiko serviced because why would you spend almost the price of the watch when you can just get a new watch. also people's incomes get higher over time so if you're thinking of a $500 seiko now you'll be thinking of a $5000 watch by the time that thing needs to be serviced

t. thought I would service my first mechanical shitter, turns out I don't want to lol

>> No.18006729

>>18006638
They have to cater to the lowest common denominator, they can't stray too far from being 'Rolex'.

>> No.18006730

>>18006722
seiko pogue

bunch of casios

that embarassing zenith atmosphere drop

>> No.18006731

>>18006532
because watches aren't getting smaller, watches had just gotten way too big. the oversize watch meme was a mistake and people are only now coming to their senses. if you're too young to understand this, now you know

>> No.18006732

>>18006656
A 4R Seiko movement will happily work until it doesn't anymore, should be around 5 to 10 years until it needs a service. If you do get it serviced, do not go to official Seiko service center, go to your local watchmaker (get to know one if you don't already) and he will do the job faster and cheaper.

>> No.18006734
File: 381 KB, 1200x1200, 23410.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>also people's incomes get higher over time

how did a delusion boomer get here

wages NEVER get higher. productivity goes up, costs of living goes up, inflation goes up, property prices go up but your wages remain the same goyim

>> No.18006736

>>18006732
I got an SRP777 (4R36) six years ago and it's not noticeably worse than when I got it. I even magnetized it by accident the first year I got it and used my coworker's shitty ali express demagnetizer on it and it's fine

>>18006734
I mean in a first world country. but yes the value of my property has also gone up, maybe cut back on the avocado toast?

>> No.18006739
File: 33 KB, 460x415, 4AmtvFK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006736
Begone boomertard

>> No.18006740
File: 317 KB, 2048x1152, gold.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want a gold watch but I'm poor

What can I get as a cope for under $200?

>> No.18006744

>>18006739
>lawyer not being able to compete with waiters
oh look I actually get to say "skill issue" and have it be relevant and correct

>> No.18006757
File: 125 KB, 661x962, 1608517341044.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006744
You're a delusional idiot. Keep embarrassing yourself boomie.

>> No.18006761

>>18006757
what do I have to be embarrassed about? I didn't eat a 20% down payment on a house worth of avocado toast and oat milk lattes. pull yourself up by your bootstraps zoomie, then maybe you can afford a watch too!

>> No.18006764

>>18006761
>completely oblivious about what's happening in the world
>only has wealth because you sold out the nation to the jews
>proud of his own ignorance and that he destroyed the country for future generations

Many things boomerscum

>> No.18006765

>>18006740
probablyyyy a san martin

>> No.18006766

>>18006764
what have you done to make things better? cry about minorities on a taiwanese finger painting BBS? you're a drain on society, dead weight

now run along and let the adults discuss watches, perhaps there is a school you should be shooting up? some tik tok trend where you set yourself on fire for "likes"? you may not be any good at being productive but surely you can be good at making a lulzy headline

>> No.18006768

>>18006766
>seethe and chest puffing

whatever keep sucking jewish cock old man. get off this board and go to facebook. stop shitting up this site with your garbage opinions lmao.

>> No.18006771

>>18006768
funny you should say that, I was actually on the original thefacebook.com back when it was only open to students at highly selective universities. of course, eternal september eventually happens to everything, even 4chan got invaded by election tourists such as yourself

>> No.18006773

>>18006740
raketa, pobeda and all the other shitty ussr gold watches is your ONLY way, unless you mean """""gold""""" plating then just get some casio shitter with plated plastic

>> No.18006774

>>18006727
>bro just treat watches like throw-away replaceable crap lmao

>> No.18006776

>>18006771
blah blah

don't care

>> No.18006777

>>18006774
anyone wanna tell this guy what seiko does when a shitter gets sent in for a "service"?

>> No.18006778

>>18006774
that's exactly what a seiko 5 is, if not the whole watch, at least the movement is literally a throw-away replacable crap

>> No.18006780

>>18006773
show me where I can buy the solid gold raketas for <$200 so I can melt them down for scrap

>> No.18006783

>>18006734
This. Say thanks to your usual mutilated dicks that decades of empty progressivism have put in charge of everything.

>> No.18006784

>>18006783
>>18006776
>I got btfo but I'm gonna go for round 2 because I've got no life
yes we can tell

>> No.18006786

>>18006784
>p-p-please notice me and give me importance

Nah. Your legacy will be cringe. And you will probably be alone in a nursing home being beaten to death by blacks and illegals soon enough.

>> No.18006787
File: 787 KB, 4032x3024, 97d44686-c81a-42f6-b24e-b3fb8e7bc3a2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to buy the superior penis watch, what would be a fair price for them? I see them from 400$ to about a 1000$.

>> No.18006788
File: 2.79 MB, 498x456, 0 kWTCMeY36pU7JAji.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006727
>>18006736
>>18006744
>>18006761
>>18006766
>>18006771
The levels of retardation I can sense here

>> No.18006790

>>18006777
Anyone wanna tell this cocksucker that I don't own a Seiko?

>> No.18006800
File: 2.47 MB, 4160x1792, IMG_20240207_151655.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006787
M8 really, just save up for a GS.

>> No.18006802

>>18006800
no

>> No.18006803

>>18006787
>>18006800
You have to throw yourself down a cliff you dumb nigger samefag

>> No.18006812

lmaoing @bitteranon as always mlfao

>> No.18006814

>>18006812
which ones are bitteranon, I don't usually spend much time in these threads but the amount of salty neetposting in this thread exceeded my expectations, even /ck/ isn't this poor

>> No.18006815

>>18006814
>>18006612

>> No.18006819

>>18006814
What is astonishing is the amount of stupidity and bad taste shown in these threads, not the amount of bitterness of those who rightfully reply.

>> No.18006822
File: 87 KB, 1000x1875, IMG_6712.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>lmaoing @bitteranon as always mlfao

LMFAOOOOOOOOO

>> No.18006825
File: 677 KB, 819x956, mensstrap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005620
What watch is this? By the way are there any other watches that look picrel and are normal to small size?
I have been loooking to pic up a vintage style citizen watch but I am not too sure which to pic. I am also afraid that it will be too feminine.
I have been thinking about pic

>> No.18006827

>>18006825
>pic
pick* what the fuck am i thinking

>> No.18006828
File: 243 KB, 1248x1600, 12165165.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Genuine question, why do these watches always get so much shit?

I understand a lot of them are crap and even ugly, but there are also some that have great character.

>> No.18006834

>LMFAOOOOOOOOO
lol lmfao kys

>> No.18006836

>>18005583
You can actually get a really convincing rep for like $30.

>> No.18006843
File: 170 KB, 750x750, Panerai-Luminor-Marina-Recensione.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.18006851

>>18006532
40mm is not too large,however,most 40mm watches feel large due to design/lug to lug length. What is weird is that Black bay 58 is 39 and feels really good even on skinny wrists (I'm the anon who posted bb58 and Obelix),my wrists are a bit less than 6,7inches and the watch fits perfectly, I have seen many comments about the bb54 and people said that the watch felt small,probably because bb58 already has a nice size,not big and not small. And most men wrists can handle bb58 without any problem. Thats why Indon't get the hype about 54,sound good on paper,not so good once you realize the watch is smol as fuck with a Digital Casio lug to lug distance making the watch even smaller.

>>18006722
Bulova pilot
Sinn 140st (lemania movement)
Fortis cosmonaut (lemania old version)/valjoux 7750 movement.
Casio gshock
Omega X-33,the coolest quartz watch.

I'm sure there are more watches,but can't think more

>> No.18006855

>>18006828
I really love old pobedas and vintage soviet watches, the hate are mainly because the market is filled with fakes,redials,and frankens,watches made with parts and sold as they are completely original, so watch snobs get triggered by that market.

>> No.18006856

>>18006851
>Sinn 140st (lemania movement)
>Fortis cosmonaut (lemania old version)/valjoux 7750 movement.
>Casio gshock
>Omega X-33,the coolest quartz watch.
I believe that none of those were actually worn in outer space. And wearing a watch on a space station is no different from wearing it in your house.

>> No.18006863
File: 2.28 MB, 4096x1760, IMG_20240207_162200.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tudor Bros, where you @?

>> No.18006864
File: 289 KB, 800x1212, Kenneth_Cockrell_on_Discovery_with_the_HERCULES_camera_system_(STS056-08-018).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006856
Most astronauts DO wear a watch in outer space though. It's not a reddit meme.

>> No.18006865

>>18006780
oh shit, I remembered wrong, the solid gold was buran, raketa is also just gold plated brass
basically, don't try to get gold if you can't afford it, plating a shit

>> No.18006867
File: 2.05 MB, 1792x4160, IMG_20240207_162414.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No idea that dust could be so kino

>> No.18006868

>>18006863
I'm here, not an owner but a supporter of you

>> No.18006870

>>18006864
And it has to be a higher end g shock right? I assume they need a GMT with all timezones.

>> No.18006873
File: 2.33 MB, 3365x1890, 1700584895329324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006864
Yeah they do, they wear Omega. And that homo on your photo is not in outer space.

>> No.18006876
File: 248 KB, 1600x1200, 898651665.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006855
>the hate are mainly because the market is filled with fakes,redials,and frankens,watches made with parts and sold as they are completely original, so watch snobs get triggered by that market.
I noticed that, and I totally get the explanation.
Then the right next question would be: why so many Eastern Europeans and Russians sell that shit ruining their own watch tradition?
Truly the chinkchonks of Siberia

>> No.18006878

>>18006787
Get the best looking one you can.

>> No.18006880

>>18006873
Unfortunately that frying pan looks good on a space suit but will always look shit on your dressy suit.

>> No.18006881

>>18006870
>I assume they need a GMT with all timezones
That would be the Casio World Time

>> No.18006893
File: 1.33 MB, 1170x2281, IMG_1999.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18005554
Is this a 36 or 38mm

>> No.18006900

>>18006893

>> No.18006917
File: 2.59 MB, 2205x2300, MR-1A-9186-002_m.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Picture of I don't know what from one of the Mercury space missions

Based Hamilton visible on the upper left corner

>> No.18006925
File: 33 KB, 1057x212, Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 17-08-39 Interview Think You Can Name Every Single Watch That&#039;s Ever Gone To Space.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/think-you-can-name-every-single-watch-thats-ever-gone-to-space

>> No.18006929
File: 17 KB, 240x317, GUC1418030_1_enlarged.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

should I?

>> No.18006934

>>18006925
99% of those should not count as they are worn on a space equivalent of a bus, only those worn in actual space counts.

>> No.18006941

>>18006934
What's the difference?

>> No.18006942

>>18006507
thats a nice watch

>> No.18006950

>>18006941
The same as sitting in you home in your underwear vs polar expedition at -70 degrees with magnetic storms.

>> No.18006951

>>18006929
>should I?
If it's a 3 dollars chink kid's watch, yes.

>> No.18006969

>>18006934
Make your own database. We like this list as it is.

>> No.18006972

>>18006950
LMFAO you think anyone interested in space watches cares? gtfo nigga

>> No.18006973

>>18006969
Who are we?

>> No.18006979
File: 322 KB, 1366x1198, seiko 5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Post shitter kino

>> No.18006984
File: 781 KB, 777x960, 29366356-9t0ad8c07020w7matwk4ns88-ExtraLarge_jpg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18006979

>> No.18006985

>>18006979
Poor hand alignment. Also what's with the plastic on the bracelet?

>> No.18006993
File: 221 KB, 426x640, Montres-De-Luxe-Milano-Mens-169-Estremo-Limited_webp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Am gonna get one o' dees and mog you all fags

>> No.18006997

>>18006993
PHHAAT
dat date though...

>> No.18007002

>>18006997
>dat date though...
Datz the best part

>> No.18007009
File: 3.33 MB, 1600x1600, s-l1600_webp(4).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The father of the Casio Royale

>> No.18007010
File: 207 KB, 1200x1200, lf-20w stand.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18007009
It's the father of this thing actually

>> No.18007015

>>18006973
For now, me, the anon that sent the link, and the fag that made the database.

>> No.18007016 [DELETED] 

>>18006985
that's not poor, that's horrendous, what the fuck what kind of shithands handled this watch

>> No.18007025
File: 2.82 MB, 1600x1600, s-l1600_webp(1).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18007010
I don't know what the release sequence was, but there's definitely a common thread between all them. The AE-20W was perhaps the first?

>> No.18007026

is ebay a good source for watches

>> No.18007029

>>18007026
Yes, especially for info and pics. If you want to buy, it depends.

>> No.18007036

>>18007009
>>18007010
Is it cringe if this watch is a Metal Gear reference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4WSA0wPebo

>> No.18007038

>>18007029
it should be fine for jdm shitters I would think

>> No.18007041 [DELETED] 
File: 1.31 MB, 1200x675, Casio-World-Time-16x9-Glock-48.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18007036
Not at all

>> No.18007048

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxjAvzFemEI
Jesus Christ, this guy has to be the most annoying cunt ever.
It's like his videos were specifically made for ADHD zoomers.

>> No.18007058

>>18006929
I did

>> No.18007092

>>18007036
That Casio isn't a Metal Gear reference.

>> No.18007099

>>18007036
It's cringe that you're suck a retard.

>> No.18007104

>>18007048
He's larping as a british game show host. It's not something that appeals to me. But I can see how it might be entertaining

>> No.18007112

NEW THREAD
>>18005551
>>18005551
>>18005551

>> No.18007134

>>18006495
Holy fucking based
My P2000 has kept me from buying more anus but I love the peak 2005 aesthetic.

>> No.18007137

>>18006581
I want one of these but $70 for a resin watch is just too much

>> No.18007173

>>18007112
This one didn't even reach bump limit faggot

>> No.18007357

>>18007173
Whoretadello was getting lonely. His thread was as empty as his Discord.

>> No.18007983

>>18005665
ruined how

>> No.18008968

bump

>> No.18008993

>>18007137
grey market, for around $45

>> No.18009385

>>18008993
where?

>> No.18009679
File: 63 KB, 800x533, 1707528718195.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18009385
I just go to a local place where shops sell a lot of grey market watches. you may also try searching via your local ecommerce sites.

>> No.18010484
File: 58 KB, 992x1856, 1572974002392.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

High end Luxury and Ultra Luxury better then the rest besides marketing?

>> No.18010597 [DELETED] 

I regret spending over 1k on my watches, they're fine but I'll never really wear them

>> No.18011248

>>18010484
huh?

>> No.18011312

>>18010484
this post is very autistic and rolex watches are unironically shitters

>> No.18011544

>>18005957

Is it worth the money? I was considering the Manhatten but it feels ridiculously overpriced.

>> No.18011564
File: 531 KB, 320x650, thicctoria.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18007104
I wish more watch reviewers looked like british game show hosts

>> No.18012403

>>18005636
nice
i love quartz bulovers