[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 225 KB, 1199x748, IMG_3431.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17643777 No.17643777 [Reply] [Original]

How am I supposed to know who is a good designer/luxury brand vs some nobody selling shirts for $300. I go on Ssense or Endclothing and there are hundreds of designers I’ve never heard of before.

>> No.17644025

I agree. It’s seems like there’s so much crap on ssence from people I’ve never heard of before. I’m not spending 200 on a hoodie from a nobody.

>> No.17644117

>>17643777
All designer goods are extremely overpriced
The quality you get does not justify its price.
You buy them solely for the reputation.
Now that you know this… buy that which you believe gives you the best in terms of design you like, and reputation that it gives you internally.

Everyone assigns goods their personal value to them.
Some people swear by Rick owens, or some rare Ann demeulmester piece, or whatever. The design is not worth the money but to them it is more than just a piece of clothes

Now everyone has their own unique look on this

But know that no single piece of designer clothing is actually worth the price you’re paying for it. You’re paying for the magic

>> No.17644130

>>17643777
>a good designer/luxury brand
do you know them? do the people you're trying to impress know them? then they're a "good brand"
never heard of them? then they're "bad"
the quality is always the fucking same shit

>> No.17644220

>>17643777
I only buy brands referenced in the book American Psycho or handmade shit. Always check materials and where the product was made. Haven't had a single issue.