[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 33 KB, 400x532, d7bebea9cc8d2e14180377597979715e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17181129 No.17181129 [Reply] [Original]

Natural strawberry blonde. Sounds cool, but I promise it isn't. It looks garish and unintentional. At best, I look "quirky!" and at worst, I look like the lady on the packaging of the drugstore dye remover, "Color Oops." I like neutrals, but black would never suit me, so for years I've been platinum with very dark brown eyebrows. It's not perfect, but it's worked better for me than anything else. It looks striking and intentional, but I've had fears it was a bit off-putting. I impulsively wanted my natural color back. I've been on an overall media detox kick and somehow the idea of returning to my natural hair color felt "right." I visited a hair stylist for the first time in years, and now I am legitimately, without an ounce of irony, miserable. I had no idea how much my hair mattered to me prior to this. The stylist simply did a shit job, as some stylists do, and now I actually think I hate myself. This has fucked up my self-perception so badly. I don't think I can stand this for more than a couple more days. What should I do? What color recommendations do you have? Please include corresponding eyebrow color. I am light sinned, warm undertone, no freckles, unnotably blue eyes, very deep set. Regardless of what I do, I will not be leaving my eyebrows strawberry blonde.

>> No.17181477

I'm very biased because I love gingers and blondes so take everything I say with a whole fucking salt mine.
Please stay with your natural hair color. It's one of my absolute favorites. It's hard to work with but that's because it's so rare. For me meeting someone like you on the street is like finding a diamond in the dirt. Even when I was in a relationship and had no interest in other women meeting someone with your kind of hair brightened my day.
Your hair being poorly styled is something is something super annoying and I had a fear of hairdressers for a long time and cut my own hair. Without a pic is hard to say anything in particular, but you probably have to get it fixed it need to tough it out until your get some more length.
I think that a permanent dye on the eye brows kinda limits your options. I agree that in very few situations you will want to have your natural eyebrow color. It's just not enough contrast. I dated a very light blonde and she had different eyebrow pens that all suited her complexion so she could play around with how striking she wanted to be. From a very dark maroon for when we went dancing in dark clubs to an extremely light tan for a sunny day in the park. I'm still impressed with the adaptation to different outfits and occasions she was able to pull of with this. I also suspect this is pretty fun.
Unrelated and way out of line, but please consider growing a bush. In my experience eyebrows match pubic hair. Can't help it your hair color is my fetish.

>> No.17181485

>>17181129
you might need to bleach your pubes