[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 210 KB, 620x413, bond.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17111879 No.17111879 [Reply] [Original]

No casual fits nor something that screams "I dress better than all of you." The biggest sticking point is the shoes.

>> No.17111881
File: 791 KB, 1808x2284, ChurchillGeorge0001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>nor something that screams "I dress better than all of you."
Gay.

'He who humbleth himself wants to be exalted'.
- 'Menschliches, Allzumenschliches: Ein Buch für freie Geister'

>> No.17111884

Eh depends more on your enviroment than on yourself. I live in a pretty rich part of a big European city and have a decent job. If I wear things like slacks, a shirt and decent shoes it doesn't really stand out because a lot of the people around me also wear that.

>> No.17111898

>>17111884
I live in a rich European city as well but here that doesn't stop people from dressing like shit so blending in is a bit out of the question.

>> No.17112305

>>17111879
Here's the hard truth frienderino. If you have charisma, social skills, and are at least average in looks, then you can get away with wearing almost anything within reason. If you have exceptional looks or charism, you can dress as a fucking anime character every single day and no one will care. But if those are lacking, then you'll always "the weird guy" no matter how you dress.

Assuming you have that down though:
Think of dressing in terms of tiers. Ya got street, casual, smart casual, business casual, business, and formal. In general, you can dress one tier higher than everyone else without sticking out, two if you're feeling confident. Exceptions are with formal wear obviously. A tux is either mandatory or really out of place. But if all your friends are wearing shorts with graphic tees and tennis shoes, you can wear dark clean jeans with solid tees or polos and maybe some casual boots. Step up to a dress shirt even if you're feeling bold, but going for a blazer or suit would probably stand out a lot. That's just one scenario, but you could create a dozen of these