[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 27 KB, 540x545, Possible-PFP-Rip-Cat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15779592 No.15779592 [Reply] [Original]

tfw wanted to buy a black bomber but I live in Russia and theres still a lot of skinheads here and no matter what I'd pair the bomber with I'd look like a skinhead especially with short hair

>> No.15779657

Embrace it, as well as the fact that if someone starts shit with you you'll have some random Nazi-bros come out of their hiding places to help you curbstomp them.

>> No.15779674

>>15779592
Kinda based, rock Stone Island under the bomber for additional support of football fans:D

>> No.15779707

if your whole fit looks clean and effay nobody will mistake you for one of them
don't let them dictate your style bro

>> No.15779708

>>15779674
I just decided to get a black harrington instead. Still pretty sad about it, but i'll be real here, bombers are mostly associated with skinheads here and not much else. Our country has different fashion history than US, many trends simply have no context here, like for example workwear or preppy style. And this is the case with bombers too, no one really wears them here and you'd only see those in American movies maybe.

>> No.15779719

>>15779708
>black harrington
based, i think you made the correct choice

>> No.15779727

>>15779708
>black harrington
Nice choice bro, I don't see much of them around in Poland or the UK ironically

>> No.15779729

>>15779708
Nah I understand the whole subcultural dresscode thing in Russia - I don't really like NFKRZ but I watched his video about fashion in Russia and it seems like you still have the same situation as Poland has good 30 or 40 years ago when it comes to subculture-specific items. Peace bro

>> No.15780416

>>15779708
Good jacket choice, but also very skinhead. Unless Russian skins don't wear those, and only UK/US skins do.

>> No.15780976

I don't think anybody with a room temperature IQ and up are gonna mistake a guy with short hair and a black bomber jacket as a skinhead but if it really bugs you that much then grow it out and work from there. Just don't pair it with cuffed blue jeans and docs and you'll get along fine.

>> No.15781027
File: 65 KB, 870x1200, mjac7026-buaa-5_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15780416
>Unless Russian skins don't wear those, and only UK/US skins do.
the jacket looks kinda like picrelated except in black. it doesn't have banded wrists/waistbands and the collar is the point kind, not funnel kind. to me it doesn't connect with skinheads much, it looks like the most basic jacket you can get that half the Russia wears. I wouldn't ever call it skinhead unless the rest of the look is military boots, pants and shaven head.
it's true that skins wear those in UK/US but I guess it's not really associated with them in Russia, it feels like something only "authentic" Western skins wear and no one will understand this in Russia anyway.

>> No.15781065

>>15780976
>>15779707
I'd totally agree if we were talking some urban area in US/Canada/whatnot where bomber is just what people wear in current year. But Moscow is almost polar opposite of that, it's more like rural areas in the West except even worse. People hold pretty conservative views, they aren't very nice and are quick to judge. Most also have fashion sense stuck in 2000s at best, for many it's 90s-70s. I'd say the only fashion from this decade you see around normally is checkered shirts plus beards and undercuts for younger people. For example, I don't see many people with dyed hair here, probably because they'd get called faggots or even get beaten up for it (or just get weird looks if you're a woman).
There was one time I shaved my head and two random people on the street asked me if I just came back from the army. It's stupid, yes, but I don't want people to get wrong ideas. Younger/smarter people won't be like that, maybe, but I'm pretty sure some babushka or and older guy on the street or a cashier at a grocery might think I'm a skinhead if I wear a bomber. It would be very stupid to get into trouble over a jacket.

>> No.15781647

>>15781027
Oh yeah those are nice, I wear those. I don't think we call them harrington's over here, but nice choice. Not really warm enough for Russian winter, is it?

>> No.15781652

1) There's nothing wrong with being racist 2) Normies won't think you're a skinhead unless you have short hair

>> No.15781714

>>15781647
> I don't think we call them harrington's over here, but nice choice.
ok. well, it was listed as harrington at the store I got it from, and I googled the pic by googling "harrington" too. but yeah I guess it's not exactly classic harrington
>Not really warm enough for Russian winter, is it?
yeah, it's not for winter really, for autumn/spring, got it because of good discount on black friday sale