[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 368 KB, 830x1024, ezgif.com-gif-maker.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15770458 No.15770458 [Reply] [Original]

I can't find a style that I actually like. I'm sure this gets posted all the time, but I have a direction kind of.

I like vaporwave and future funk, but I also like stuff like The Mars Volta would wear. Basically like hippy button up shirts and dark paisley patterns and stuff like that...

The trouble is, I'm going bald and have to buzz my hair down. It makes me look like an old man even though I'm not 30 yet. So if I wear the clothes I think are cool I will look like some kind of old man pretending to be young or something?

Where can I find fashionable clothes that aren't too boring and mature, but also don't make me look like a twat that dresses like a kid?

pic related it's a shirt I was looking at getting earlier.

>> No.15770471

I wouldn't worry too much about the balding. Just wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing but IMO clothing that is explicitly vaporwave is kind of dumb regardless of age. I've seen people rock some cool items that could work in a vaporwave-like fit... think items like a vintage shirt with a typical 80s/90s branding like TDK, Polaroid, etc. combined with like a vintage track top that has similar colors... but items that were originally designed with the vaporwave aesthetic in mind always look cringe IMO. That shirt is too on the nose, with the Japanese text and purple gradients etc. To me it looks like something a youtuber would sell on their teespring site.

>> No.15770483

>>15770471
I just like to be different than other people or wear something that others wouldn't. I think those polaroid shirts are really cool, but then I saw tons of people wearing them and I couldn't feel like an individual wearing one after seeing it too many times.

I used to wear NASA stuff before it suddenly blew up a handful of years ago and stopped wearing it at soon as it got really popular. I want to stand out, but still have an age appropriate style. I think that's a normal urge.

A lot of people wear the same types of stuff. I could never be goth or punk or something for this reason because the style is just too repeatable. Even if you're wearing different punk stuff it feels cookie cutter to me.

And you know, this is one reason why I like The Mars Volta because they are very fasionable, but then again they have the body types to pull off that kind of thing, wheras I am still in the process of slimming down (lost 20 lbs this year and counting).

Basically I know there is this one guy who posts here always who says "I'm a metalhead" and that used to be me. I would wear metal shirts and bandanas and stuff and it just started to feel like, idk I don't want all that death and destruction in my life, I want to feel positive and search out pro-life scenerios and constantly reaching out for new things. No drugs, no death, no fighting just loving, playing, cool scenery and keeping my pulse up. I just want my fashion sense to reflect that.

I can't just wear some regular jerk off sports uniform like Nike or something. It would make me feel too normal and like a cog in a machine. I need some fresh prints.

>> No.15771535
File: 51 KB, 500x500, 1392423974180.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15770483
Cav Empt has better graphics than any current brand, although their older pieces are better, and have similar critiques of modernity that Vaporwave does