[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 29 KB, 494x741, HEDI-SLIMANE-YR.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14022867 No.14022867 [Reply] [Original]

I've been wearing chucks for the last ten years because every other sneaker feels like larping as some kind of normal guy it's hard to explain.
Can't wear leather shoes for the same reason. Didn't feel comfortable in any boot ever until I saw SLP-style wyatts/jodhpurs.
Tapered all my jeans to sit on the boots better
You know what tops would look good with this? Maybe some round/scoop neck tshirts and sweaters or maybe like a silk shirt
Over that maybe a trucker jacker or blazer or a leather jacket or a medium length coat (I'm a manlet)
I haven't bought most of this shit but I've been trying to develop a style for ten years and nothing else speaks to me I feel like Hedi is just skullfucking the shit out of my brain and all I want to do is wear pointy boots and silk shirts. Should I just follow my dreams or are they someone else's dreams maybe I need a therapist

>> No.14022876

>>14022867
>manlet
>slp
no, don't even try

>> No.14022880

Based lack of point poster

>> No.14022885

>>14022867
you're all right guy. let it all out. take it easy.

>> No.14022908

>>14022876
honestly I don't see the big deal here especially if I forgo the cuban heel or stick to sneakers. I understand SLP is looong but a short guy in skinny jeans and a blazer isn't some kind of crime unless fat/ugly

>> No.14023104

>>14022908
As a fellow manlet let me help you. His style really works best on tall skinny people or lean people. You can't be super jacked or kind of pudgy if you want to really kill this look. But if you are pretty active and stuff you should be alright. Also I feel you. His style is so fucking cool and while it has been meme'd and copied it's still cool as fuck. I wouldn't go ham on the silk shirts yet my guy. Get yourself some basic shit first.

>> No.14023111

another SAINT victim

>> No.14023377

>>14022908
i agree, and short people almost usually look better in slim/ skinny pants anyways. just make sure you got a good BMI (maybe 17-18)

>> No.14023382

>>14022867
Is this bait? I can't tell anymore. It reads like bait though.

>> No.14023428

>>14022867
Tbh chucks are simply untouchable. In black or white of course, or off white, and you can get them in leathe r any way, and even suede or plaid. Nothing can touch the silhouette of the chuck, it's basically the perfect shoe. high top of course. It hurts it hurts, but a simple leather chuck high, made in vietnam, is basically the perfect casual shoe. Better if you are taller though, to avoid the stacking problem you speak of. The taller you are, the shorter jeans are on you and so they just end up sitting perfect with boots or high tops. That's always going to be a problem for people with short legs or shorter people. Jeans are always too long. Shorter peeps should try and stick to low top shoes imo, tall peeps should always wear boots or high tops. Advanced Designers like slp wyatts etc, are amazing shoes, you have to feel confident in them though or you wont wear them. The heel on them is retardedly high, and really they are very dressy, they arent somethin u would wear alot anyway.