[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 583 KB, 1280x800, 1306375915542.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13018640 No.13018640 [Reply] [Original]

I'm sorry, /fa/

I came here years ago for advice on buying my first suit. I stuck around, and built my wardrobe with advice from this forum... You were part of my transition into adult-hood.
And now I come back and see what you have become, and I'm so so sorry. You have become such a tiny sub-sect of fashion; a particularly unhealthy, self-absorbed, peter-pan cult. I'm glad you have a place, but I'm so sorry that place is so lonely and separate from everything else. I see your posts, and you're destroying each other, you're destroying yourselves. I don't know how to help you, but I wish I could... :(

>> No.13018642

suck a dick

>> No.13018651

>>13018642
It's also interesting that in a group so bent on androgyny being gay still seems to be an insult.

>> No.13018715

>>13018640
Keep in mind you're looking at a subset within a subset of rather niche-tier enthusiasts.

i.e. Some of us are legitimately here to keep abreast of developments in style that invariably trickle down to the mall tier consumer in that twisted fashion osmosis that's resulted in me spotting ten or more kids in knock off rick or rick derivatives every time I take the subway.

Some people here are pushing the envelope -
-experimenting with styles that are only just beginning to see wide spread adoption. Putting their minds together speeds the evolution of these ideas and helps them crystallize vague ideas into more clearly delineated aesthetics.

And then, somewhere along the line, you see things like pic related and smile.

I don't disagree with you, either... This board is too often about wading through an acre of shit in order to get a better look at... a single diamond.

I'm sure Hitler will go out of fashion when this generation has seen and survived bad weather to putt their own misguided longing for.

>> No.13018727
File: 468 KB, 1213x528, Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 10.46.10 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13018715

I was writing this off as a coincidence until I read variations on ithe same story in i6+ other major fashion publications... including a delightfully derisive piece in VICE (which is an otherwise cshit publication that somehow manages to think of itself as a leader or forward thinker of some sort).