[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 98 KB, 720x561, OMG shoes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12875800 No.12875800 [Reply] [Original]

Just waterproofed and polished my shoes and was wondering how I should lace them back up. I had heard before that the way shoelaces are laced could be laced can send a secret message. I don't necessarily want to send a message that way, but it would be nice knowing about some different signals that the pattern could represent. More or less I want a more aesthetic look, and maybe if there is a message, one day someone would notice.

>> No.12875803

>>12875800
Pretty autistic desu

>> No.12875818
File: 28 KB, 500x346, CIA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not crazy, they did do this, after a little research I've only found this picture and a few articles on how the whole "shoelace message" was in their handbook. It seems they didn't have exact meanings to the pattern, but more that an odd pattern showed they had information.

As I said, I'm more interested in so aesthetic patterns that I could lace my shoes with and if anyone else has paid attention to the way theirs are laced.

>> No.12875837

>>12875818
it's not just aesthetic, the way you tie your laces affects how the shoe fits. and for a shoe such as a converse all star (which has no arch support), the way you tie them can make them unbelievable painful or not. but aesthetically speaking, it DOES matter, how you lace them, people can call you autistic all they want but find a way that you like and is comfy. people notice even if it is subconscious.

>> No.12875838

>>12875800
any shoelace pattern besides standard lacing sends the message "i'm an autist"

>> No.12875847

For the most part I agree with >>12875838, but there are a few acceptable modifications:

1. Normal vs inverted normal, basically whether the chevrons formed by the laces point up or down. Normies won't notice the difference but I, being autistic, associate pointing down with converse (because they're laced like that from the factory) and Europeans (because Europeans are more likely to do it on sneakers in my experience).

2. Oxfords/balmorals should always be straight laced. Anything else is disgustingly American. Derbies/bluchers can occasionally be straight laced if you have narrow feet/low arches and the lacing is getting sufficiently narrow.

3. Any laces above the ankle on boots or on high top sneakers that lace tightly past the ankle (converse for example) can use a pattern of X's to reduce friction when loosening and tightening. In my experience, even with white laces on black converse it's not very noticeable but is very practical.

4. Any kind of strange lacing is fine on athletic shoes if it improves your posture/form/whatever

>> No.12876235

My CP's are a little too long, there is some empty space in the front. How should I lace them so my feet will feel more comfortable and stop moving. I tried insoles but then the top of my foot gets cramped.

>> No.12876622

>>12876235
There should be empty space

>> No.12876673

>>12876235
if they fit good everywhere else then just use the classic cp factory lacing, makes them stand out a bit more from all other shoes

>> No.12876721
File: 28 KB, 300x300, 985-300x300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've got these coming in the mail, and because they're zippered I can do whatever crazy shit with the laces I want. Any suggestions? I'd like to wrap 'em around at the top too

Also, should I replace the laces with flatter sneaker-type laces? I love that look on those Ann D high-top sneaker/boots

>> No.12876766

>>12876721
god i need a pair of these

>> No.12876817

>>12876766
I'll shill 'em here if they live up to my expectations