[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 242 KB, 900x900, BOGS Turf Stomper ST.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12224639 No.12224639 [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone have these boots? How is the quality in general?

Does anyone have any pictures of anyone wearing them? Are they as bulky as the seem?

>> No.12224765

Bump

>> No.12224860
File: 1.52 MB, 2720x2040, SAM_8091.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12224639
You're in luck. I'm the guy who's been shilling them whenever the subject comes up. I have owned my pair for I think 3 months now, maybe 4.

They're excellent, simply put. I couldn't recommend them more, and I suggest you get some without reservation.

The boot is primarily made out of rubber aside from the lining and such. If you compare the look of these to a pair of regular leather boots, they look miles better. You will never look at leather boots again without so much of a hint of disgust at their lame gaudiness, such is the understated coolness of this boot. It is much blacker new than it appears in this photo, but it seems that the color of mine has weathered more to the one in the pic after all this time. They still look good. As you can see in your pic, there are these ornamental lines decorating the boot, as well as the Bogs logo on the outside of the foot; on the inside (that is, the other side of the boot here) is a small size chart or something, it's whatever.

I've worn them in Portland, OR, through downpour rain with big puddles as well as freakish snow storms with a foot of snow. My feet have been kept both dry and warm. The boot platforms you a couple inches or so from the ground and its top is pretty high too. I don't give a shit about terrain anymore. Muddy grass, bumpy gravel, deep puddles--fuck all of them, I walk straight through with no discomfort. I did get the inside wet once when I underestimated a puddle's depth, but it was dried up over night. You can see my boot is dirty here, but it's rainy in Portland so this boot cleans itself. It is a work boot--no slip, steel toe. They aren't heavy at all. Very sturdy. I sometimes kick poles with the toe for fun.

>> No.12224868
File: 1.51 MB, 2720x2040, SAM_8094.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12224860
This stuff is worth the $140 USD. It seems like it's gonna last me years. My wardrobe is mostly all black, so I really don't even need another pair of shoes except maybe some stuff for working out. I am really happy with my purchase--it's been one of my only recent clothing purchases that I've had full satisfaction with. Not a shill, just a really satisfied customer.

You will need work socks to go along with this. I recommend Thorlos Steel Toe Work socks. $14.50 a pair, but THE MOST COMFORTABLE SOCKS I'VE EVER WORN IN MY LIFE. You can try your luck with other brands, but the quality of these socks in particular are worth the money, especially if you aren't insistent on barring a pair from re-wear without washing them beforehand. I got 4 pairs and only had to wash them after like 10 weeks of bathing and cycling through them, but who knows why that is.

Hope that helps.

>> No.12224871
File: 1.53 MB, 2720x2040, SAM_8092.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The boot I'm wearing is a size 9 by the way. As far as sizing goes, you want to measure both your feet in metric as precise as you can, and get the size shoe that offers the closest fit on the roomy side of the foot that is longer. I did that and the shoe fits just fine with the socks on (but only with the socks on).

>> No.12224877

>>12224868
>>12224860
Thanks, man.

Does the rubber not crack, and/or break off?

How do they perform when running/sprinting?

>> No.12224894

>>12224877
>Does the rubber not crack, and/or break off?
Nope, none of that. It's all one solid body.

>How do they perform when running/sprinting?
Because of how high up from the ankles they are, it's a bit awkward trying to run over rough terrain like you normally would because your range of movement is restricted, but it doesn't hurt. I can't quite tell this particular fact, because I've gotten really out of shape since I bought them, but again, they don't feel that heavy on my twig legs, so if you have regularly exercised leg muscles and lungs you should be able to sustain some distance at a good speed fine enough. The best method of running over rough terrain is kicking your feet out military style, but over pavement and the like you can run normally. They keep you stable. The sole is pretty good for that.

>> No.12224899

>>12224894
Thank you very much for the thorough answers.

>> No.12224911
File: 217 KB, 3000x1688, 1478922064836.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12224899
You are very welcome.