[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 132 KB, 675x380, warcraft-movie-durotan_still.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11455468 No.11455468 [Reply] [Original]

My girlfriend and I are going on a weekend party trip to the city for her 21st birthday, and I have no idea what to wear. We'd like to get dressed up, but in party wear rather than 'dresswear'. What's your best party gear?

I asked on r/malefashionadvice and was essentially told to dress like a combination of a hipster sailor and a prep school kid, and I tried dressing that way for a while a year or so ago and it's just not me.

We're probably going to hit up some bars, walk around the city, party with friends, and generally have a good time. My girlfriend says I'd look great with a black v neck tee, small gold chain, diver watch, and tight black jeans, but I'm not sure if she's right or if I need something extra. No idea what to get for shoes or a jacket or if I even need them. I know for a fact that what she's described is definitely more 'me' that what I was recommended on MFA, but maybe I could combine them somehow.

My go to outfit for a normal day is a flannel shirt and jeans, boots, denim vest, that whole style. I essentially look like a tan Mr. Clean with a beard. For work I wear a uniform.

So, what's your recommended party gear? What do you wear for a night on the town?

>> No.11455531

No one is going to reply to you because you've done no real shopping, spent no time exploring the world of fashion, clearly haven't read the sticky, and keep saying things like "party gear". No one can dress you because ultimately only you know what you'll like. What we CAN do is tell if you an outfit/item you like is fashionable or not. Look around here, mfa and /r/streetwear, identify the common elements of looks and pieces you like, and begin to form an idea of what you want to look like. Then go shopping. :)

>> No.11455541

>>11455468
black jeans and white tee can't go wrong t b h

>> No.11455568
File: 1.51 MB, 250x250, 1423281175292.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>This entire post

>> No.11455573

>>11455531
I've read the sticky and looked around most of the albums on mfa. The issue I keep running into is that I find a piece or a set I really like, I think it looks great on me, my girlfriend thinks it looks great on me, all my friends compliment me on it, then I post it on here or on mfa and get completely lambasted.

Clearly there's some kind of disconnect between what I (or my bros or my girlfriend) think looks good and what actually looks good, which is what I'm asking about.

>> No.11455580

the city?
elaborate man

honestly you can get away with a flannel with jeans and nice trainers

>> No.11455591

>>11455573
fashion boards like fa are bunches of anxiety-ridden twinks, there's no objectively good style it's just what works within your context. listen to your friends not us.

>> No.11455597

>>11455591
he isn't even comfortable with what his girlfriend has recommended

>> No.11455680

>>11455597
I'm totally comfortable with it, I just don't think I can match it to anything else I own. As far as shoes go I have vans, hiking boots, toms, and the "shoes for crews" that I'm required to wear to work, and not one of those really works with the outfit she's brought up.

>> No.11455695

>>11455573
post some things you like in this thread

sometimes autists just shit on everything so feedback from this board can be hit or miss