[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 614 KB, 2594x3459, 6OLU5yi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11208857 No.11208857 [Reply] [Original]

Who here got /fa/ just so they stop worrying about being /fa/? I found that once I felt I dressed "well" I was able to pretty much completely detach from the whole fashion sphere in terms of anxiety and self consciousness. Once you attain "/fa/" you can put it aside in your mind as something you no longer need to worry about or focus on too much. It's similar with lifting - in essence you're improving your body so you no longer have to care about your body, thus liberating your mind and life for different things. I think that's the healthiest pursuit you can have in fashion, frankly. Get /fa/ so you don't have to care about /fa/ anymore. Treat it like a cocoon. Gain it to lose it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcjTWyZc2Mw

Not a fashion related video, but if you just substitute bodybuilding with fashion it's pretty much the same in essence.

>> No.11208893

>>11208857
I enjoyed the video mang

>> No.11208895

literally what the fuck are you trying to say

>> No.11208915

that's bs senpai

being knowledgeable on fashion makes you stress about it even more

if i dont like my outfit i'll stress for the entire day and wanna go home to change

>> No.11208921
File: 350 KB, 2000x1500, graph.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11208857
thats what happened to me. i bought a bunch of shit and built a wardrobe, then i became satisfied and now all i do is wear basics and dress for the weather. i literally come here for the hope that there'll be a good thread.

>> No.11209057

>>11208915
then you either need to improve at fashion to the point where it no longers stresses you ("attain" fashion, so to speak) or you need to realise that you're letting fashion take up too much of a portion of your character to the point where you're trapped in what should be a cocoon for more growth.

>> No.11209064

>>11209057
Not him, but good point. How would you go about that? "Lurk more" isn't good advice, I've been here for years and I still feel I don't know much

>> No.11209100

>>11209064
It's particularly hard with fashion, honestly, seeing as the idea of fashionable is a lot more loose than say having an aesthetic body or whatever. It depends on what you want out of fashion as a discipline, I guess. Do you want to make a statement with your clothes and be on the cutting edge of trends or do you just want to look not shit? You need to know what you're going for before you can feel like you've attained it.