[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 105 KB, 1154x1154, 230097_ts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10578929 No.10578929 [Reply] [Original]

So I live in Australia and recently purchased this German Police Summer jacket (pic related) from 'keepshooting.com', a website that sells firearms and military surplus gear.

The package, which shipped on 30/10/15 had tracking on it. Two days later after clearing Customs in Chicago, a new update showed up with a blank date, location and time, only the status "HELD IN US CUSTOMS" has appeared.

It has been 4 days now and the status has stayed the same, nor have I received any reasoning as to why it is being held in US customs.

If anyone else has had a similar experience, please let me know the steps I have to take, or if I can expect this package at all at this point.

>> No.10578941

>>10578929
probably a tax/claimed value issue

iirc you need to pay some tax on clothing when shipping to some bogan fucks

there isn't a restriction on shipping guns or ammo or anything as long as you declare whats in it.

i order gun parts all of the time through the mail
and even amazon

>> No.10578954

>>10578941
I thought it would be some shitty tax issue because of Australia's LOVELY system.

>> No.10579093

>>10578929
Op you do realise that for customs to hold ur package it needs to be of higher value than 1000aud

>> No.10579112
File: 67 KB, 754x226, рл.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10579093
That obviously isn't the only reason they can hold onto a package. It just confuses me as to why it has been seized before even reaching Australian shores.

I would understand if it was seized and checked by Australian customs as they are site known for selling firearms and other weapons, and would have to be extra careful.

>> No.10579252

Sometimes shit gets flagged from certain exporters/importers for customs exams. It sounds like this vendor is one of those companies. There isn't much you can really do. Some anon said something about taxes but that's not factual. If it already got cleared through customs in Chicago all that is already handled by the broker. Those cents won't clear anything unless EVERYTHING is set, due to massive fines.

Most likely just got flagged for a customs review, which is mostly random. Some types of military gear (not necessarily weapons) is just handled differently for exports and may need certain licenses from the vendor to be on file. Some vendors have a history of saying they are shipping shit that's not exactly what they are shipping just to go around some of this stuff and that's what gets you put on the list where almost all of your shipments get flagged for exam before export.

No telling how long. Some exams case a week long delay. Some can take months and may require the shipper to take it completely back and resend with correct export documents, ie they gotta do it over from the start.

>> No.10579260

>>10579252
Thanks man