[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 5 KB, 300x300, zara-profile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10366865 No.10366865 [Reply] [Original]

Discuss.

I personally have a weakness for the brand. I can't quite figure out why. It comes across as sleek and interesting without getting overly contrived. Sure, there's some edgier pieces for the braver, more avante-garde dresser, but most of it can pass off not looking too try-hard. I feel it is a good entrance point for the less dedicated. An easy go-to, if you will, for some one trying to dress more progressive.

Inb4 exploding garments after one outting. Yes, we know their quality is pretty damn shitty. Can the price point allow for this?

>> No.10366887

I'm kinda in between too.

>> No.10366893

>>10366865
zara is absolute garbage it's only one step away from yes style

>> No.10366895

>>10366893
this

what the fuck happened to /fa/? people are spamming even more retarded shit than usual

>> No.10366900
File: 120 KB, 640x640, 4L_mat33G2Q.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's probably one of the only huge corp brands that actually know what good fashion is.... They have they're shit tier pieces, but tbh most looks are well thought out. This could be due to the fact that they blatantly rip off other designers but wouldn't be contradicting to say the way personally dress isn't inspired by something we've previously seen? All of the sudden life does not seem real and your existence in this universe becomes minuscule.

>> No.10366905

>>10366895
>confirmed for Rick Owens variant wearing faggot (nigger)

>> No.10366911
File: 89 KB, 1024x1269, 1701304800_1_1_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10366900
The only contributing post. Color me surprised. I figured there would be animosity towards the brand but...

>> No.10366914

I don't live in a country with Zara, but I would rather shop there than a place like H&M, GAP etc.

>> No.10366915

Zara just rips of designers and makes terrible knock offs with shit quality

>> No.10366920

>>10366915
Ok shut up fag and go wear your LL Bean shirt.

>> No.10366921
File: 117 KB, 1024x1269, 8574331052_2_1_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10366915
I can completely agree with this. At the same time, >>10366914 makes the perfect point.

>> No.10366929

Still, Zara is light years ahead of lame ass Uniqlo.

>> No.10366933

>>10366865
I've been wearing a Zara coat for a little more than a year (wore it nearly every day last fall/winter), and it hasn't shown any signs of wear.

I recently picked up a trench coat, as well as a t-shirt, and a cardigan.

The trench coat feels kind of fragile, but it suits my figure perfectly, so I went for it anyway. We'll see what happens.
The cardigan also fits really well, and seems pretty sturdy for knitwear. I've already worn it a bit, and have to say that it's incredibly comfy.

The t-shirt was probably a poor choice. The material feels nice, but the neck-hole rests on my frame in an odd fashion. Admittedly I'm incredibly skinny, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just an issue with my nonexistent collarbones.
But, it was a cheap, spur-of-the-moment purchase that I didn't even bother to try on, so I don't particularly care. It'll get the job done.

Overall, I'm a fan of what I have of theirs so far (I've picked up a few more assorted items over the years). I haven't run across any issues with their quality, and the fits are usually very well suited to my body-type.

I'm curious, though. I'll most likely be in one of their stores over the weekend. Can anyone comment on the quality of their shoes?
I saw a pair of boots there, as well as some sneakers that I was quite drawn to. Can anyone attest to the durability/comfort of their footwear?

>> No.10366940
File: 414 KB, 437x513, mfw_pizza.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10366865

>> No.10366945

In Australia, Zara is just slightly below Myers-core in terms of pricing and how it presents itself. Not worth the money but I get a kick out of seeing friends covert-flexing Zara shopping bags

>> No.10366952

>>10366920
But he's right you poorfag

>> No.10366956
File: 20 KB, 400x400, 5600002040_2_4_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10366933
I own 2 pairs of their shoes. Sneakers and dresswear. Both have held up over the past few months of pretty regular wear. The sneakers even got soaked in the rain and dried out without problem. I'm sure they'll wear out eventually but they've lasted me 4 months without any sign of wear. I really love the aesthetic of both. The sneakers in particular balance casual and formal perfectly for the styles I pair them with. Pic related is the sneaks.

>> No.10366958

>>10366933
/fa/ said (>implying fa is one person) that their shoes are made of plastic and you can get injures from wearing them.

I've bought a pair of running shoes and a pair of black hi-tops this summer. I wore that running shoes everyday for the past two/three months and I have to tell you that you can see I wore them, but only if you get close to them to inspect. But you know, difference is in details. I have to say they were lightweight and I actually ran with them, but obviously they didn't felt like Nike's Flyknits or Roshes.
Overall, not as bad as I expected, but not as good as I wished either.

I started to wear the high-tops more and I don't have anything to object so far. Some normies compliment them.

>> No.10366999
File: 1.03 MB, 1200x2433, zaraxbalmainfw10.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thanks Zara

>> No.10367001

>>10366958
>wear sneakers
>wonders why they are comfortable
When people say that Zara shoes are made of plastic they are talkin about dress shoes. Should be obvious.

>> No.10367723

>>10366999
I didn't expect them to be this blatant...

>> No.10367728

>>10367723
>>10366999
I don't know what you expected, fast fashion brands have always blatanly copied

>> No.10368123

>>10366865
this is like h&m and Primark. Faggot consume victims and mostly for Women! Woren by guys that
have so less fashion sense that their gfs take em their to buy em clothes!

>> No.10368158

Whenever I walk into there, I conclude that the clothes are only appropriate for faggots

>> No.10368198
File: 17 KB, 202x184, heh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10366900

>> No.10368222

>>10368158
Well, that is why you walked in there, afterall.

>> No.10368234

>I personally have a weakness for the brand.
>for Zara

are chinks or brain dead yuros shitting up this board or what?

>> No.10368249

>>10368234
>brain dead yuros
Wait a second, is this /k/? I thought we were in a fashion board.

>> No.10368312

>>10366905
>confirmed poorfag (poorfaggot)

>> No.10368931
File: 342 KB, 1920x2379, 0706313800_1_1_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

About to cop this jacket because I need a new one but I'm also fucking broke. Can I wear this with a dress shirt?

>> No.10370070

>>10368931
Yeah, you could.

>> No.10370228

>>10366865
i went in one one time and it is all terrible thin, shit quality exactly like h&m, just with edgier designs made to appeal to european shithead teenagers

uniqlo is the only cheap clothing store worth anything

>> No.10370247

>>10370228
So, what is it that you usually wear?

>> No.10370259

>>10366958
their shoes price are comparable to basically every other sneaker,why would you rather cop them

>> No.10370421

>>10370259
Wanted to check quality

>> No.10370438

>>10366865
in the philippines, zara is really pricey, but the quality is pretty great. i have this zara t that cost me like $20 but lasted me about 7 years

>> No.10370732

Their pants n jeans are pretty good nice tho tbh
shirts are shit and fall apart after 3 washes

>> No.10370760

>>10370438
i think Zara material actually handles better in humid tropical climate for some reason
bought a cardigan which lasted a whole quarter of my lifetime

>> No.10370777

Anyone else find Zara's quality varies from country to country? I'm in Denmark, the shit is pretty expensive, but the quality is also a lot higher than i.e. Asos.

>> No.10370778

>>10366865
>I personally have a weakness for the brand

everything in there is a low end knock off of a designer piece

the graphic shirts they have in there right now are knock off past season givenchy seen on kanyewest

the neoprene-ish 3/4 length long coats are from lanvin 4+ years ago

the plastic moto jackets they have in there now are inspured from the burberry prorsum motos from the season before they did the gaudy spikes

>> No.10370902

>>10366865
Just stop being a fucking broke boy and buy some designer clothing instead

>> No.10370914

>>10370902
i know broken record but i've been the broke ass college kid who wore fast fashion and cheap clothing

and even at its best it looks like trash compared to real pieces at your worst

and if you're THAT hard up for cash you can sell off pieces

a used $100 rick t shirt is worth $100 when you don't want it anymore

but a new $100 H&M Jacket is worth $0 when you decide you don't want it anymore

it's insignificant but think about how many H&M jackets you buy a SEASON

that's $1200 a used designer jacket or a jacket from like belstaff or something

>> No.10371220

>>10370777
Checked.

Also, Canada reporting in. I haven't had any issues.

>> No.10371230

>>10370914

I never understood this logic.
So what you have 5 Rick Owens shirts? That would be about 500$ for not even an entire week's worth of clothing. Assuming you double down on a couple shirts and wash every week, they're going to either be smelly or become worn pretty quickly (especially considering the softness of the materials he uses.)

You can argue left and right that fast fashion is killing fashion, but the way I see it it's the future and designer brands need to learn to work with it. It's similar to how the internet changed music culture and labels had to change everything from the bottom up. Fast fashion is more approachable by everyone, so immediately it has a bigger market. Unfortunately the cost of FF is third world countries and poor quality but this will always be an issue as long as people aren't making their own clothes. When there's 8 billion people on the planet and nearly everyone needs clothing some things will suffer.

But that's all besides the point because we're talking about designer brands vs FF not clothing in general. The problem arises when a person fervently defends designer clothing saying;
- You're supporting the "artist"
- The quality is much greater
- You're essentially getting more for your money"

I understand that there's a sort of "club" mentality to designer fashion, but it's a flawed system. In my opinion there should be viable entry points for everyone, not just wealthy people. There's a very clear market of people who want to dress in that particular way, and places like Zara, H&M, and Urban Outfitters pander to it. The next point that usually comes up is something about "brand integrity," which is just a way for people to say "If you aren't wealthy you shouldn't be wearing it" or "I don't want to wear the same clothes as this type of person" under the slight guise of supporting the "art."

>> No.10371232

>>10371230
>>10370914

I'll bet a huge number of people who don't buy direct from Rick Owens get their clothing second hand. Essentially this is where "quality" comes up they're buying into the brand for the quality. Well why would the artist not try and pander to this audience and release things that are more affordable? It comes back to the concept of wealth once again. People don't want their precious brands sullied by fast fashion brands, but the designers refuse to change the way things work to accommodate a different structure. I'm obviously ignoring several obvious things such as silent, drkshdw, alexander wang's collab with H&M, and Craig Greene's collab with Champion. While I believe this is a step in the right direction, these are only collaborations. I'm also aware that there are certain rules in place for how much time needs to past before a FF outlet can copy a piece, and as well pay royalties to the designer, but I think this is all beating around the bush.

What I see happening if designers started collaborating more with FF brands is their wealthy fan base being pissed because of the new people enjoying the brands, this even happens now without people even buying the clothes. So many people are ready to jump down the throats of someone who wants to buy these clothes but "can't afford it" because they feel entitled to it. By no means am I trying to say that the family who buys their clothes at Walmart should suddenly be decked out in "goth ninja" garb, but I think that there should be a price point that works for everyone. With all of the people who would potentially stop wearing the brand from this you would gain a huge amount of people who are now diehard fans. I know plenty of college people who would love to wear various designer clothes, but prices don't allow it.

>> No.10371235

>>10370914
>>10371230
>>10371232

I guess this asks the question of "if you take away the mystique of the price are the clothes really worth it?" In my opinion, yes brands that offer unique styles and interesting ideals behind their clothing will succeed and continue to thrive, while more basic brands will either have to innovate or dry up.

>> No.10371268
File: 297 KB, 500x322, BTFO.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10371230
>>10371232
>>10371235

>> No.10371280
File: 43 KB, 613x481, mt-stupid.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10371232
this is you right now

>> No.10371287

>>10371280
tell me where I'm wrong.

>> No.10371291

>>10371235
see your mindset is trapped in the quality = flash

the best examle is a wool flannel pant by it kris van assche for dior or fucking thom browne

not flashy

but it falls and wears in a certain manner

the seams are well constructed

zara will try to copy that look but will use a blend of recycled woold, prob some polyester and some nylon or something

you don't understand that textiles are a mark of quality YET, and you haven't handled enough high end brands to know what to look for...YET

you'll see that one day hopefully soon

that the clothe just look better in person worn

you know what do this

wear your best fit, take your time get dressed,bring a cute girl to the mall

a good mall like south coast plaza or fashion valley

and just walk into a store

any random one givenchy, saint laurent, hermes, loro piana pick one you like

now stand there......look at how the clothing wears in person

and look in the mirror

>> No.10371330

>>10371291
I had a good laugh, you're definitely right. I do understand the importance of textiles and their quality, even as I was typing that I kept thinking about the idea of dumbing down the quality of a RO piece to be in H&M. The thing I just can't wrap my head around is the idea of only having a handful of articles of clothing, it just seems like you'd be doing laundry so much and your pieces would get worn very quickly.

Tbh I've had bad experiences with Zara, and I wouldn't buy from them unless it was on sale. I suppose that's a thing to the way I shop vs most people is very different because I try and really think out pieces and jump on sales and stuff, meanwhile it seems a lot of people are more concerned with getting monthly/weekly "hauls" If you look at how much they must spend on clothes vs how much I spend everything makes sense.

>> No.10371345

>>10368931
no the fashion police will fucking kidnap u

>> No.10371355

>>10371232
>I know plenty of college people who would love to wear various designer clothes, but prices don't allow it
And this an argument for fast fashion how? I know plenty of people who would love to own a loft in Geneva, too.

Existing doesnt entitle you to owning something. If you like something but cant afford it then you move on with your life and a) try to afford it or b) concentrate on something else. Fast fashion promotes blatant design theft and throwaway fashion. It doesnt matter if the demand disctates the supply. Just because people want throwaway fashion doesnt mean that they should want it.

You sound like a fucking hippie who shits on the environment. Wants everyone to have access to everything but also dont give a rats ass about the impact of throwaway fashion. The planet could be habited by 10bn people and throwaway fashion wouldnt be necessary to dress them.

>With all of the people who would potentially stop wearing the brand from this you would gain a huge amount of people who are now diehard fans
Retard of the week award for this comment. You dont even realize that the selling point of labels like Rick Owen are exclusivity and the fact that they fill a niche. As soon as clothes become more affordable you will see exclusivity vanish OR watch the brand die because the niche is too small to survive on selling cheap garbage.

If thats the case then most fast fashion victims, most of whom dont give a rats ass about 'brand loyalty', will ditch your label faster than a hot stone. So you would alienate and lose your established customers and lose the new ones because they are trend hopping constantly.

>> No.10371358

>>10371330
> I just can't wrap my head around is the idea of only having a handful of articles of clothing

look at your wardrobe and look at how much shit you have that sat unworn for 6+ months

now imagine if it wasn't there anymore

it's pretty liberating

also how many times are you wahing the 15 or so wool zara/h&m/walmart/uniqlo/north face jackets you have?

the answer is probably not many

why not go from 15 jackets to 1-2?

>> No.10371511

>>10371330
>The thing I just can't wrap my head around is the idea of only having a handful of articles of clothing
Usually the goal is to increase your collection over time so you dont need to switch between great and mediocre anymore. I am at the point where my wardrobe is 5 casual suits, ~15-20 really striking, really well designed shirts and ~5 solids, 5 pairs of shoes (derbies, boots), like 3 separate pants, 4 knits, 2 coats and a few jackets (bombers for example).

Granted, it took me a bit to gather all this shit because it was rather expensive (shirts for example were all over 250eur) but from here on I just add stuff every now and then. However, this requires you to have the same taste for a while. I simply found what I liked so its easy for me to stick to it. If you some trendhopping faggot then its not that cut and dry. You generally build a collection over time. However, I do agree that people who resell their stuff are somewhat weird. I mean, they never had the intention of building a collection even though sticking to a style.

>> No.10371578

>>10371511
>>10371358

Thanks for putting things in perspective, right now my wardrobe is in a pretty transitionary period so I've been able to see where I want to take things but I do genuinely like the aesthetic of brands like Damir Doma, Rick Owens, and Julius. I'm aware those brands are very different but they're all things I could see myself wearing.

>> No.10371583

>>10371355
this so much.

fucking college kids are so entitled. It's like if they want something then there is no conceivable reason why it shouldn't come to be.

As soon as something becomes widely accessible, idiots latch on to it. Take joggers for example. They lasted like one season in the designer-sphere and then every company started cranking them out. consequently stupid people (blacks) adopted them and now you can't wear a pair of comfy sweatpants on a fall day with out being identified with this group.

I don't want ultra-liberal college sophomores that browse reddit all day to start wearing the same clothes as me. not because I want to be different or reactionary but because I don't want to be identified with that group of people.

>> No.10371618

>>10370778
I don't mind them re-introducing the neoprene-y wears, as there's still not that many derringers working with the material, and it's hard to find anything worth a damn (in the US) made in it for under 400~ (my cap on a single piece) that's not a bikini.

>> No.10371662

>>10371355
Not that I don't understand the idea behind an exclusive label that sets its wearers apart by virtue of that exclusivity, but the problem comes in when there exists a significant aesthetic gap between what's available from very expensive labels and more affordable ones. I'm not talking about construction/textiles as such (not to say those aren't important) but more about the design itself: the lines, the colors, the silhouette created, etc. Once an aesthetic idea has been introduced, I don't inherently see why that design as an abstraction should only be available to those who can afford premium labels. The idea that "high fashion" on a purely aesthetic level shouldn't be able to filter down to the mainstream is a bit silly and smacks of unnecessary elitism in that sense.

>> No.10371677

>>10371358
i rotate my jackets,tracksuit and hoodies alot m8
different people have different requirements,you can't just generalize the mindset of everyone
having alot of cloth makes me feel flexible,and very versatile on what i want to wear

>> No.10371687

>>10371662
>I don't inherently see why that design as an abstraction should only be available to those who can afford premium labels
Theres a difference between immitating something and shit like this >>10366999.

I didnt even say that high fashion shouldnt be copied. I criticized fast fashion for completely other reason and point out the illogical parts of your post. Collaborations simply arent popular because people would prefer to not be associated with individuals who dont give a rats ass about fashion. They care about trends, nothing else. Personally I dont care about collabs because they are nothing but short term business partnerships. At the end of the day the people who buy the products get what they paid for: garbage with a specific brand name.

However, to me it always felt like collabs arent something a privately held fashion house would do. If H&M announces a collab with X, then you can basically be sure that X was bought/is being managed by one of the bigger fashion groups. This might sound a bit naive but a brand loses its appeal to me really fast if stuff like that happens. All of a sudden its only about making more money, not about the idea of design tailoring and fashion anymore. But as I said, thats naive because it always was about money. It just looks so obnoxious as soon as this business decision is made by some fucking taiwanese guy who bought the label and added it to his portfolio.

>> No.10371760

>>10371583
>widely accessible
different
>stupid people (blacks)
reactionary and racist

>> No.10371780

>>10371760
>tfw reactionaries gain strength by the hour

Scary future, fam. Really scary.

>> No.10371849

>>10366865
It has some ok pieces but here in Germany it's mostly for well groomed Turks and Arabs who want to make it in the insurance industry but can't yet afford Armani

>> No.10371884

>>10371849
What do white males over here in Germany buy then? You know, apart from H&M and J&J.

>> No.10372162

>>10371884
Most early-20s German white bois just discovered supreme and air max.
Other than that regular boring streetwear from shops like Backyard, frontline and asos.

>> No.10372168

>>10372162
>just discovered supreme and air max
Seems highly unlikely because we wore air max back when we were 12. And that was 14 years ago.

>> No.10372245

>>10372168
If you're so keen on defending German sense of fashion, go ahead and answer your question yourself

>> No.10372258

>>10372245
I cant tell because they all look the same and I have no clue what shops like H&M etc are even selling. But Nike/Adidas trainers are usually what you wear from childhood to teens. What do they wear while being in liken 9th grade if not Airmax or Shox? Then again, throwaway fashion wasnt that big of a thing back then. So 200eur for a pair of sneakers probably is a bit much nowadays.

>> No.10372280

>>10372258
Not from a big town so we wore mall fashion and new yorker stuff 6-9th grade. Hoodies with huge logos. Nike/Adidas trainers were not a thing where I am from, more converse, puma, ugly sport shoes and dockers.

H&M and primark is sadly what teens wear nowadays, Zara is almost premium compared to that.

>> No.10372299

Zara is a fucking knock-off brand. Everything is made with flammable acrylic. Quality is abysmal.

Not even basic bitches should wear this shit.

>> No.10372312
File: 481 KB, 600x1020, 17.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>2015
>buying awful garments produced by sweatshop and child labor

I SHIGGY

poorfags should just stay the hell out of fashion

>> No.10372315

>>10372280
>H&M and primark is sadly what teens wear nowadays
Understandable though. They sell tshirt for like 5 euros, right? Literally made for teenagers.

>> No.10372327

>>10368931

>pleather

Don't. You'll regret it later.

>> No.10372346

>>10366895
what happened to fa? you seem like the type of insufferable cunt who thinks whenever he sees a fit, the first thing he asks is, "what brand?! hopefully acne or apc studios! lmfao poorfag! not even 2500$ jacket! fag! shit-tier fit!" you ride the dick of brand names buddy, you would not be able to id a zara jacket from a ysl one.

>> No.10372349

>>10372312
Kek, thats some hideous shit you just posted

>> No.10372351

>>10371280
>daddys money

>> No.10372358
File: 476 KB, 600x1020, 9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10372349

I wouldn't expect the average /fa/ggot to have any concept of taste

>> No.10372403

>>10366865
Bought two pairs of jeans from GAP and both of them ripped at the crotch but I had a pair of Zara jeans that had been lasting me ages so I got a 2nd pair. They're cheap as fuck and are better quality than the GAP ones. The only problem is you have to wash them like 5 times before they stop smelling like shit.

>> No.10372479

>>10372403
>you have to wash them like 5 times before they stop smelling like shit.

just like your sister's thighs m8

>> No.10372601

>>10372358
>>10372312
Stop shilling that ugly ass shit again

>> No.10373328

>>10366920
ll bean is great fuck you!

>> No.10373355

>>10368222
>>10368158
sik burn

>> No.10374496

>>10372601
>tfw you don't mind it

>> No.10374518

>>10370777
wouldn't surprise me
I'm sure they cater to their various markets not only in terms of the offerings but the expectation of quality

>>10371230
>>10371232
There are no rules governing fashion designs, as outlined here:
http://www.ted.com/talks/johanna_blakley_lessons_from_fashion_s_free_culture?language=en

Zara is killing the industry precisely because they rip off creative designers
what is Zara gonna do when they bankrupt all the best designers by selling some cheaper 'inspired' piece
who will they rip off then?

>> No.10374738

>>10366865
>>10366915
>>10366933
Bought Zara chinos 2 days ago, loose around the crotch and waist, look great. Put them on for the first time and ripped the stitches on the ass as i sat on a bike. Nigga please. Anyone got any experience with returning the pieces?

>> No.10376026
File: 140 KB, 640x720, 1431386232594.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>give average consumers a chance to get a high-fashion look at an affordable price
>make the clothes so badly that customers become angry and turn it into a running joke for your brand

I honestly cannot think of any other mall-tier brand that has this much of a sullied name. Not J. Crew, not Express, not Uniqlo, not Banana Republic, GAP, Old Navy, Pac Sun, or even fucking H&M, Hot Topic or Forever 21.

It's such a complete shame that the only mall-tier brand that seems to have any REAL grasp on what fashion houses are sending out on the runway is making it that much more inaccessible to consumers by making their rip-offs rip apart!