[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 34 KB, 425x412, got2bebeachuse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10351687 No.10351687 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /fa/.
Currently I'm using pic related for my hair but it holds shit.
My hair is straight when shorter, wavy when I grow it out.
But my hair is also pretty hard to style, because it goes in all directions.
With pic related I can get my hair in place for 2-3 hairs until the wax wears off.
I need some matte wax that doesn't make the hair too sticky and holds everything in place for several hours without the greasy look. Any suggestions what I could use for my rebellious black hair?
Also after every time I style my hair, there are up to 10-15 'plucked out' strands of hair in the sink. Should I be worried that I make myself bald or is it normal?

>> No.10351691

>>10351687
*hours

>> No.10351778

>>10351691
>I need some matte wax that doesn't make the hair too sticky and holds everything in place for several hours without the greasy look.
I can start by telling you that you (along with most of us guys) never received a proper introduction on how to style hair while growing up
So now you gotta play catchup
Basically unless you're willing to cut your hair frequently and in such a way that you can maintain it with no effort, you're gonna have to start putting more work into it, which mostly involves buying expensive styling products and keeping some of it with you at work/school.

>Any suggestions what I could use for my rebellious black hair?
I've been using Bumble and Bumble for like two years because the products claim to make your hair act a certain way and actually DOES do that (which, to me, makes up for its biggest flaw). Only drawback is that it's expensive. I'd recommend you try their heat-activated styling spray - which does require blow drying - for a really strong hold
Similarly, read the containers before buying any kind of paste/wax again because that stuff in OP isn't really designed for your hair

>Also after every time I style my hair, there are up to 10-15 'plucked out' strands of hair in the sink. Should I be worried that I make myself bald or is it normal?
Whenever you vigorously do anything to thick hair a few hairs are gonna pull off....it's all good

>> No.10351811

>>10351778
Thanks for the advice.
Any particular Bumble and Bumble product I could try at first?

>> No.10351859

>>10351687
Construction paste by Paul Mittchel

>> No.10351908

I'm losing my hair and have thus been avoiding using products in my hair. Now I'm looking something really gentle, that will basically only be able to push my hair to the side. Any recommendations?

>> No.10352002

Op here. I also would like to add that I would prefer some products that won't destroy my hair in the span of some years. Don't matter how good the product is, it's not worth the fucked up hair beyond repair in 10-15 years.

>> No.10352012

>>10352002
Rinse your hair at the end of the day then
Products won't damage your hair if you take care of it

>> No.10352038
File: 165 KB, 500x712, 1428538145152.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

products for this look? I can already get my hair pretty similar I just can't get it to hold for any amount of time.

>> No.10352091

try putting in product before you blow dry it, also if youre looking for strong hold products hanz de fuko claymation is pretty good