[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 215 KB, 800x651, TAnksoloXL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10158162 No.10158162 [Reply] [Original]

Hi, looking for some advice here. I'm wanting to purchase an entry level swiss automatic watch sometimes this year. I'm 25 and a young professional I guess. (Occupational Therapist) Not interested in having a family at this point so I don't mind spending money on myself.

I really like Cartier, I've wanted one since I was ~13 years old. But the negatives are how there is not a exhibition case back, and it is an ETA based movement. I know those two things are probably related.

I really like Omega seaMaster 300 Co-axial but I would want the titanium edition. I've worn Omega titanium planet ocean at the boutique and loved how that titanium felt. I also could save for the Omega either Grey side or Dark side of the moon speedmasters I like those two a lot.

Also is Zenith open heart complication say in el primero a gimmick?

TLDR: People who are into watches? can you recommend something for a young professional? Budget < 8K.

>> No.10158351
File: 78 KB, 420x420, tank-mc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You've read about ETA-based movements being worse than in-house made movements and now you think it's a negative. It's not. There are advantages and disadvantages of ETA/ETA-based movements and in-house ones. I'm not a nigger so I won't list them - search for them yourself.

As for Cartier, with that budget I'd look into Tank MCs which are chunkier Tank's with in-house movements. Pic related.

> http://www.cartier.co.uk/collections/watches/mens-watches/tank/tank-mc

>> No.10158382

Read this OP. Stop being a faggot.

> http://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/house-movement-vs-eta-288150.html

>> No.10158533

>>10158351

I will look into that.

>>10158382

I am reading into that thank you. But I also want to say that I think the Omega in house movements are cool. The silicon based products make it nonreactive to magnetism at all correct? and the twin barrel winding gives the watch a 60 hour power reserve. I know ETA movements can be great but there is a certain historical/emotional value with in house movements. I like sapphire case backs because I have autism and enjoy looking at the movement.

>> No.10158615

>>10158351

Also, does tank MC come on stainless steel bracelet? having trouble finding one.

>> No.10158971

>>10158615
Not that I know of but the lug width should be standard so you can probably find an after market one.

>> No.10158992

>>10158533
Sure they are cool but are you prepared dishing out that much money on features of the movement that you'll never use anyway? Antimagnetism? You're a fucking therapist ffs. 60 hour power reserve? You'll wear your watch every day, 40-something is enough and prob avg on most watches. I understand why you'd want a display case back. I'm autistic too.