[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 147 KB, 1000x1000, 1432931208213.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10020187 No.10020187 [Reply] [Original]

Is there any very general advice you could share to help someone become more /fa/?

- If you have a closet full of sort-of passable tshirts, jeans, clothes, socks, etc. cull them down to ONLY outfits you'd feel good wearing in front of the best qts

- get an effay main project that is your hobby/passion, and be exceptional at it. It will protect you from everyone and give you confidence and a purpose. If you fail at somethign else, you still have your main passion. It should compliment your style.

-dress the best you can from where you're from. As in don't dress too incongruously from who your age/status/wealth. At least mostly don't put together fits that fit another status that is already taken and one you are not in.

-be careful with irony

>> No.10020192

If you're uncomfortable in your clothes and wearing what you've been told looks good rather than what you think looks good it will show.

>> No.10020333

>>10020187
>dress the best you can from where you're from. As in don't dress too incongruously from who your age/status/wealth. At least mostly don't put together fits that fit another status that is already taken and one you are not in.
so ur telling me i can't appear wealthy when i'm not although all the best clothes do have that effect because they being inherently better than the majority of clothing is stupid until I become wealthy enough to buy the clothes at retail even though I buy them relatively cheap?
suck a dick

>> No.10020627

>>10020333
yeah. you'll look like you're playing dress up. and won't look right around your m8s either. and if you don't have m8s and are poor and dress wealthy it'll be even worse.

i'm not saying don't spend a few grand on your fits evven though you're making 20k/yr or anything.