[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 118 KB, 704x704, Makita-Power-Tool-Range-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
867886 No.867886 [Reply] [Original]

What's a good brand of power tools for the homeowner/none professional? I want decent quality without breaking the bank.
I'll be a homeowner soon, and I'm looking for basic shit to putz around the house and do some projects. Power drills, circular and reciprocating saws - that kind of the thing.

Also, while we're at it, what are some essential tools for the home owner?

>> No.867896

>>867886
>homeowner/none professional
watevers on sale at the hardware store

>> No.867911

Ryobi tools have always been nice to me and they arent super expensive.

>> No.867912

>>867886
what the hell is that thing in the top middle
it looks like a makita brand rifle

>> No.867913

>>867912
Looks like a nail gun to me...

>> No.867918

The top four tools I use are my drill, my sliding power miter saw, a set of locking pliers, and one of those craftsman 101 piece socket/wrench sets. These will take you far.

>> No.867922
File: 363 KB, 1004x1123, 1438699823721.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>867886

>> No.867928

Get fein or festool, the rest is Chinese crappie. The tools are going to last a lifetime so better get good ones

>> No.867931

>>867912
Drywall screw gun

>> No.867933

>>867913
screw gun

>> No.867934

>>867922
Absolute shit. Do some research on actual tool branding and ownership. A lot of reputable brands aren't even on that graphic.

>> No.867937

>>867922
I will note as a poorfag, the bottom tier tools aren't all terrible. Designs are sometimes good, and it's not so much quality as it is quality control. So tools on the shelf 1/10 are decent, 1/10 will break the first time you lean on them a little, and the rest could be anywhere in between. And the balance is different from tool to tool.
Don't get powertools you expect to keep from there, though.
$30 for a cordless drill w a 2 year no questions warranty is decent though. You'd spend at least that much on batteries for a $100 Ryobi every 2 years, wouldn't get drill motors to putter with, and and be up shit creek if it DOES break on you.
If you're going cheap, READ REVIEWS of the tool. And make sure they're recent reviews, and they didn't change manufacturer (eg. 4/5, but 30 5/5 from 6 months ago and 3 1/5 last month = stay away).

>> No.867938

>>867922
Hobo freight tools are fine as long as you avoid anything that has an electric motor in it.
You cant really fuck up forging a wrench or a hammer

>> No.867953
File: 514 KB, 1000x632, dewalt_nailer___wip_by_meowymeowmeow-d5q45ug[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>867912

>> No.867963

>>867928
lol yeah cause Harry homeowner needs Fein and Festool to hang frames for his wife.

>> No.867966
File: 199 KB, 1000x581, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>867922
I have so many problems with this "info" graphic that I'm just going to ignore it. Not worth my time.

>> No.867972

>>867938
They have though. Their hammer heads are notorious for shattering. Also, add most of their clamps and anything with an edge to it (chisels, drill bits, planes, etc.) to the list of things to avoid. Check their website for reviews, they are legit believe it or not. Some of their stuff is great for a light duty user, some of it is complete trash.

>>867966
Yours is pretty bad too. Many popular sub-brands are missing. Snap-on has been selling Blue Point tools for like 80 years, yet no mention of it. What about Blackhawk tools? Stanley has own them for years. No Starrett/Lufkin? No Emerson/Ridgid? For shame...

>>867886
Buy used tools from reputable brands. A used Makita drill can be had for a fraction of its current price and even if the battery is shot rebuilding/replacing it is still much less than the total cost of the tool plus battery. Or hell, if you don't need corded go cordless. I picked up a used Makita corded 10mm drill on CL awhile back when I needed one and it'll drive a screw or drill a whole just as good as a new one. If it doesn't use a battery and it works when you test it its basically bullet proof. A used good quality tool will still probably outlast a new poor quality one.

>> No.867974

>>867966
Danaher and Cooper are now Apex

>> No.867982

>>867886
uk fag here
electric tools i have and the order i bought them in:
bosch jigsaw
makita cordless drill
dewalt compound sliding mitre saw
bosch blue mini angle grinder

i got them on sale/second hand and i wouldn't trade a single one.

i don't think you should limit yourself to a single brand. even a shitty company can make a work of art every once in a blue moon. check reviews online and compare prices. watch out for asshole shops that change the product code and pretend its an exclusive.

>> No.868139

>>867912

Fuck Machine base without the attachments.

>> No.868326

>>867886
personally I prefer Milwaukee tools. Their 4.0 amp hour batteries last forever, and I have never had a problem with their tools breaking. Most of the guys I work with use Makita, but the makita impact is no where near as powerful as the milwaukee, and i find my co workers borrowing my tools all the time. I used to work on airplanes and I would burn through 2-3 dewalt drills a year, so I won't recommend them. Milwaukee electric tools have a 5 year warranty, which is better than most. Whatever you do make sure to stick to one brand. No sense in having 3 different batteries and chargers floating around.

>> No.868430

>>867886
People are going to recommend pro-grade stuff like Makita, Milwaukee, and Dewalt but a homeowner doing weekend projects has no need for anything more than Black and Decker, Ryobi, Skil or maybe Kobalt from Lowe's (some Kobalt stuff is kind of pricey). I used to work at Home Depot selling power tools and the amount of money people would spend because of tool snobbery was ridiculous.

I personally have a corded ryobi drill with a clutch and do everything else by hand. I'm not a professional and I won't pretend to be.

>> No.868442

>>867922
I'm looking to buy a paint scraper. Which tier should I be shopping from?

Also, I need a putty knife.

Pls help.

>> No.868443

>>868326
>Milwaukee tools

I've dug up shit that looks to be older than me and it still works better than a lot of modern tools. The most ancient looking shit I find in the shop made by them still works great.

>> No.868474
File: 3 KB, 279x181, drildo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>868430

This fucking guy. I used to work at Home Depot selling tools as well. While you may not need Makita or Dewalt, stay the fuck away from Black and Decker, Hitachi, and IMO Ryobi.

I literally had a weekend project working on my Jeep and the Black and Decker and Ryobi could not cut it. In the past I've seen people try Hitachi with no luck as well.

As a home owner, I'd rather spend say $60 on a corded Dewalt drill than $45 on a ryobi and have it not be able to perform the task/ break at some point. I had to go buy a Dewalt to get the job done. You will probably not need contractor/pro grade tools for hanging pictures, I get that....but when the time comes and you need to get a job done, it sucks to have impotent tools ( you know all about that, dony you Mr. Black & Decker
>>868430 ) ;)

So basically, OP.... you get what you pay for. Buy it once and keep it for years to come.

>> No.868498

I bought the 20v Max line of Porter Cable impact wrench and drill. Both are great and make mincemeat of the older Dewalt Nicad drill I had. I am impressed enough that I might just get the 20V Max jigsaw and reciprocating saw.

Though I might just be used to the shitty performance of older battery-operated power tools. But I suspect these newer, more powerful Li-ion tools just work better across all brands.

>> No.868513

>>867886
>I want decent quality without breaking the bank.
This depends, of course, on what you'll be doing and the state of your bank. But making some assumptions, I've had some decent experience with Skil. Performance per dollar is pretty good with their power tools that I've tried, though they're definitely not high-end tools. If I want a step up, I might go with Craftsman. If I know I'll be doing a lot, I'll go with DeWalt or Makita, usually. Of course, it's a good idea to compare the specs and not just the brand. Pro-grade tools often have nice features besides power and durability, like reduced vibration and variable speed. You largely get what you pay for, and what's worth paying for depends on the specifics of your situation.

>what are some essential tools for the home owner?
Off the top of my head, not intended to be comprehensive:

Power drill - corded are more powerful for a given price, but cordless can be convenient. Look for a 1/2" chuck and variable speed, unless you're sure you won't be doing anything large.
Table saw / circular saw - One or the other should work for most projects, but having both can avoid some awkward cuts.
Bench grinder / angle grinder - very handy if you ever do stuff with metal
Bench vise / clamps - You can never have enough clamps.
Drill bit set - high speed steel twist bits from about 1/16" to 1/2". Larger spade bits and a bradpoint set can be nice for woodworking, but are not as versatile for other materials.
Claw hammer, sledge hammer, crescent wrenches, socket wrench set, screw drivers (an x-in-one screwdriver that includes a #2 Philips should handle most things), allen wrench set, rubber mallet, wood glue, contact cement, assortment of nails and screws, utility knife, sandpaper and sanding block, aviation snips, needlenose and lineman pliers, vise-grip, wire cutter/stripper, ruler, tape measure, torpedo level, carpenter's square, WD40, penetrating oil, lubricating oil, duct tape, masking/painting tape, caulk gun and caulk

>> No.868521

>>867928
Festool is shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezp-_DcUgg

The innards are less robust than typical Wal-Mart shit, and they bank on the fact that nobody is going to throw a $1000 Festool around like a typical tool to prevent the deception from being known.

Now I understand that Hilti occupies a different niche, that more of the professional worker and not the rich hobbyist, not to mention genre of tool but look at the difference if you want to see what real quality looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joetVGrMfAY

>> No.868627

>>868521
It's not shit, just overpriced.

>> No.868759

>>868521

Tom Silva and Norm Abram uses Festool.

When you achieve that level of carpentry of either, I'll listen to what you have to say. Until then, sit the fuck down and watch what that "shit" has done - there's years and years of visual evidence.

>> No.869020

>>868474
There is not a single thing to do on an auto project that would be done best with a power tool so I already know you have no idea what you're talking about.

>> No.869025

>>868759
>Until then, sit the fuck down and watch what that "shit" has done - there's years and years of visual evidence.

A master of the craft could produce magnificent work with Ryobi and Black and Decker tools. Because, you know...they're masters of the fucking craft.

The artist produces the work; the tool is merely (get this) a tool. For the purposes of woodworking, the quality of a tool mostly refers to usability and durability. That is to say, how EASY it is to do a good job, not whether it can do a good job in the first place.

Bad/cheap engineering is bad/cheap engineering no matter what the end-user is able to do with it.

>> No.869028

>>868759
Tom Silva and Norm Abram receive "promotional consideration".

>> No.869029

Protip: There is no significant difference between a class of tools by brand. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool who supports brand loyalty.

>> No.869031

>>869025
A craftsman is only as good as his tools.

>> No.869043

>>867886

Makita

Better go with Hilti though, buying cheap stuff is more expensive over a lifetime when it comes to tools

>> No.869058

>>869028

No, they don't.

Stanley was a sponsor of the show years ago and while Tom did carry some DeWalt tools, he still had an assortment of Festool. Festool has never sponsored TOH or ATOH. His collection has slowly grown over the years.

A Festool dealer called his contracting company, years before Stanley was a sponsor, and asked if he could come by and demo some products. Silva was so impressed he started purchasing them and now uses most of their product line.

>>869025

There is a reason they're not using Ryobi, Black and Decker, etc. Do you need me to spell it out for you, dolt?

>> No.869060

>>869058
>There is a reason they're not using Ryobi, Black and Decker, etc. Do you need me to spell it out for you, dolt?

Yeah, because they're shitty, inconvenient tools.

But you're assuming that, just because a master uses them, they're better. Analogously and by that logic, using Tiger Woods' clubs would automatically make you a pro golfer, when, no, actually, the good equipment helps, but you still actually have to be good in the first place.

Festool tools aren't bad tools. But they're dickriding their brand and the perceived quality that entails like no tomorrow and marking up their products well beyond what they're actually worth.

>> No.869069

>>869060

So you're saying that Tiger Woods would perform just as well with shit tier equipment? Lebron James? Interesting. Allow me to respond: you're a fucking idiot.

And I don't even own a Festool product or have a dog in a fight. I've used them and realize they are superior in nearly every way to what I have (which isn't shitty) and what I couldn't find elsewhere.

You do know Festool makes more than just drills, right? They've got some pretty unique shit.

>> No.869079

>>869060
I'm pretty fucking sure I could smoke the best drive NASCAR has to offer if I was in a real stock car and he was driving a '93 Geo Metro.

>> No.869090
File: 21 KB, 300x231, Milwaukee-M12-Cordless-4-tool-Combo-Kit-300x231.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

For a homeowner, light duty pro, the Milwaukee M12 sets kick ass.

I have the M12 impact, and it can fully sink a 3" long sheetrock screw in a 2x4. It has a nice balance between power and size. It will fit in my tool pouch if I climb a ladder.

The only downside to the M12 sets is that there is no circular saw, but if you're ok with a reciprocating sawzall, you're golden.

One more thing, if you buy a cordless tool kit, check Home Depot online vs the store. The website commonly has an extra battery in their kits for no extra charge.

>> No.869092

>>869090
We use Milwaukee at work and they withstand tremendous amounts of abuse.

I like Ridgid's stuff for use at home.

>> No.869107

>>869090
I have the m12 I have the oscillating multi tool and drill.
They're great

>> No.869138

Are the impacts really that much stronger than normal drill drivers?

If they arent significantly stronger, isnt it kind of redundant to own one when you have a regular drill driver running off of the same battery?

>> No.869142

>>869090
Are the FUELs worth it or not do you think?

>> No.869157

>>869138
They are used for different things.

>> No.869161

>>869157
All the videos ive seen on youtube they were just driving screws
Isnt that the point of having a driver with a clutch on it?

Im trying to decide if im going to buy a lithium kit with one or not, because everyone seems to have one.

>> No.869169

>>869161
Standard drivers can drive screws and also drill holes. They are not as good at driving screws as impacts are but they are good at drilling holes.

Impacts are rubbish for drilling holes but they are the best way to drive screws, nuts & bolts, all that kind of stuff. Theres a reason you don't see mechanics using standard drills to tighten and loosing nuts. They all use impacts if they are going the power tool route (either electric or air powered).

>> No.869172

>>867886
just get one set of really good vice grips. you dont need anything else

>> No.869181

>>869172
>really good vice grips

And what brand would that be?
Irwins are now chinese and much crappier than the old ones.

>> No.869183

>>869181
not sure but im sure you can look around in home depot and find a decent set that doesnt seem like shit

>> No.869228

>>869138
Yes, they are. They also have side benefits of being a lot less likely to strip screws and they don't torque your hand. When
I need to screw something in, I always reach for the impact. When I need to drill, I get the drill.

>> No.869233

The number one tool you'll use as a homeowner is a screwdriver. You can work on doors, cabinets, light fixtures, electrical outlets, etc. all with a screwdriver. So buy a quality set.

>> No.869235

Go to home depot/lowes website, type in the tool name, look for your price range, and get the best rated one in your price range. No single company makes every tool better. Different companies make different tools better than other companies. For example if I wanted a rotary tool I'd buy a Dremel, but I wouldn't buy one of their saws.

>> No.869238
File: 94 KB, 1000x375, ultimate plan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>869181
find an old 9" mole brand body and open it out to take a pair of heel jaws from a ridgid pipe wrench.

>> No.869314
File: 418 KB, 1594x705, Untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>869181
I just get all of mine used. I've never paid more than 3 dollars for one and I've gotten a pair so old it they still had Petersen stamped on the side of them. Pic semi related. I got they box for free awhile back at a moving sale. They were using it to store little odds and ends.

>> No.869360

>>867886
I use makita or bosch, mostly.

>> No.869492

>>869233

>work on doors

You can't work on doors with screwdrivers; you can work, or install/remove in most cases, on door hardware (if it's not that sealed and staked garbage sold at Home Depot). You can't adjust hinges, you can't drill crossbores or function holes, mortise, etc. with a screwdriver.

Speaking of, mortise locks are god tier. They last forever and were designed to be serviced. The cover plate has 3-4 screws and it's nothing to replace coil or leaf springs (which are the only things that ever go wrong with quality parts). I've actually got a jig at work for crafting replacement springs on the 80-90 year old Yale/Sargent mortise locks we have on campus.

Even the shit Baldwin/Emtek sells is meant to be serviced even if it voids the warranty.

Sigh, this reminds me, I need to get on sourcing some white oak floating panel doors for my new house.

>> No.869498

>>867886
Stuff from the thrift store.

>> No.869956

>>869142
I have the m18 fuel 3/8 impact. It's got a surprising amount of power, and the batteries last forever. I have 2 of the 4 amp batteries and I use the impact all day every day at work. I can usually get at least 3 days of use out of a battery. I also bought the USB adapter for the batteries and it will charge up my LG G3 phone 4 to 5 times from dead on one charge. I love the fuel stuff and would recommend it to anyone.

>> No.869979

>>867886
Use whatever you can get at a good price after seeing how rugged it is. Buy things as you need them. Don't buy them just because. If you see something that you know you might need, that's on sale, grab it.

I got myself a shiny Bosch angle grinder for cheap, although I'm not going to be able to use it until next year when I have my own house. It was priced something ludicrous, but I got it for £30. That's how much a cheap one would cost me, so I bought it.

Bosch is usually good, but usually expensive as fuck.

Buy some G clamps. Buy more as you need and lose them. By your thirties, you should have as many.

>> No.870095
File: 39 KB, 500x360, bd-drill2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

On a semi related note, what's a good brand of electric pole saw, cordless preferred?

>> No.870099

>>870095

Wait until EGO makes one. I've got their entire line, it's incredible.

>> No.870960

>>867934
yeah why no hilti

>> No.871000

>>869079
He wasn't comparing apples to oranges, hes talking about products intended to perform the same task. Using your own example, it would be like comparing a Nascar driver driving a stock car made in china, and you racing him in the absolute best quality stock car you could possibly make. You would lose, but eventually you might win, but not because you are a better driver, but because his Chinese piece of junk stock car finally died. Ergo, a master craftman, even with harbor freight quality tools, will still outcraft a person with no experience and the best tools money can buy, using tools made to perform the same function, up until the tools fail.

>> No.871004

>>867953
Not sure if nail gun or nail submachine gun.

>> No.871044

>>871000
Its not just about quality though. Example: a shitty table saw will make shitty cuts. The fence wont hold its zero, so it will have to be adjusted more regularly. It might even slip while you are cutting, damaging the piece. Or its own gauges might be unreliable, meaning you will have to measure everything (blade angle, blade hight, distance from blade to fence, etc.) by hand and keep readjusting. The blade may wobble and spoil the cut edge, needing more planing or sanding to get the rough marks out of it. Maybe even causing tear out or split the wood, requiring a repair or second attempt. The motor might not be strong enough to make full cuts without bogging down, requiring slower feeding or extra passes. All of this is a problem before you ever talk about the failure and replacement of the tool. Time is money and using poor tools takes more time and means you sometimes have to redo work.

If a carpenter quoted me labor on a job and then had to leave and buy another tool because one broke you know damn well I wouldn't pay them for that time. If a carpenter quoted me 2 hours on a job and $200 in materials and it took them 3 hours and $250 I'd ask them why. If they told me "Yeah, my table saw split a couple of molding as I was cutting them so I had to keep adjusting it and then buy extra." I would say "Well, I'm sorry to hear that kid but I'm not paying you to fuck up. I pay for what you do right, you pay for what you do wrong."

To fit it into your analogy it means the driver has to takes corners slower, not accelerate as hard, not run at top speed, take more and longer pit stops, and maybe even pull out of races and start over on the next one because of a problems, all long before the car is retired.

>> No.871485

>>871000

He actually was.

Not all power tools offer the same features. Go ahead and list manufacturers who offer impact driver with variable speed/power capabilities. Now filter that list of models capable of 2,000 in. lbs of torque.

That is a very important feature to me. I don't want balls to the wall speed and power on wood, mineral core doors, etc. If I strip the threads in the door then out come the dowels and a few minute fix multiplies. At the same time, I don't mind top speed/power on welded 1/8" steel hinge brackets on knock down frames. The screw heads will strip long before the threads on either the screw or the bracket.

Hell, I've put in ball bearing hinges with my Ridgid Gen5x that contractors couldn't remove with their DeWalts or Ryobis. They can't match the power.

On a recent renovation project at work, they ended up having to drill the screws out because they couldn't remove them. I caught them on their last hinge and had all 4 screws out of the hinge in a few seconds.

It's not a pissing contest; not all tools are created equally. Each have their purpose. Top craftsmen, or carpenters in this case, choosing Festool should speak volumes, however, because they obviously see the benefits as it relates to their day to day tasks.

>> No.872107

>>867911
Trash.. only power tools to break on me in days. Dewalt for power drills. Milwaukee for sawsall. Skill with worm drive for circular saw.

>> No.872110

I love my dewalt. I got a great deal on mine though. Impact driver, drill, and a sawzall for 200. Worth it.

>> No.872130

>>867911
dont mid them with the lithium batteries, but when i first bought them years ago with those black and yellow batterie, put me off for a while, i think i could only get like 5 cuts with the skill before drained

o.p if money isnt an issue dewalt or mkita, if money is an issue ryobi and black and decker work

>> No.872142
File: 693 KB, 339x279, ohboy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>869020

Please, show me how to weld/grind/drill without a power tool.

Sure, you don't need a power tool to change your tire or open a new air freshener...but once you get in to the big boy stuff power tools can come in handy.

Also, you may want to make a PB&J to hold you over - mommy won't be coming home tonight ;) She says to make sure you use the plastic knife to spread your jelly!

>> No.872143

>>872130
If money is an issue than you should stay far away from any battery powered tool. Since the the most useful tool for a homeowner is a drill/driver the choice becomes pretty much the ryobi clutch driver or the black and decker matrix drill/driver. It is literally impossible to beat the value and usability for the average homeowner with anything but these two options.

>> No.872145

>>872142
This thread is for an average homeowner who would have no need or desire to weld or grind. Any auto project outside of body work (which crosses into hobbyist territory and is no in the realm of "homeowner") is best done with hand tools. The most a "homeowner" needs is a drill/driver and maybe a circular saw. Anything else can and should be done by hand.

With that in mind there is no need for anything mor than basic power tools so >>867896 is correct. Whatever is on sale is best.

>> No.872160

>>872145
lol what? if i didnt use power tools around the house id add like 25 hours to each of my days

>> No.872263

>>871004
It's Nerf

>> No.872353

Bosch

>german engineering meme best meme

>> No.872370

>>867928
>Festool
Rubbish. Gives the impression it's a highly engineered bit of kit when really it's lazy manufactuing. Try Hilti if you want to spend that kind of money.

>> No.872372

>>868326
Milwaukee aren't as good as that any more. Ownership changed hands and alot of the later stuff is cheaper chinese crap. Old Milwaukee good, new bad.

>> No.872373

>>868474
>Black and decker
This is DeWalt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Black_%26_Decker#Business_segments_and_brands

>Hitachi
Brilliant tool manufacturer, no idea where you got that nonsense from.

>> No.872374

>>868759
>Asshat

I've seen carpenters use nothing but hammers, mallets, screwdrivers, pull saws and chisels.

>Sit the fuck down
You're comparing apples to fucking kiwi. The ability to use a tool and purchase a brand because you think it'll do the job has nothing to do with how said tool was manufactured or engineered.

There are channels on youtube where people have built their own power tools out of old motors and scrap timber that work just as well if not better than high priced top brand equipment. Good enough to build you that chair you need to 'sit the fuck down' on anyway.

>> No.872387

>>872353
This. Cheap, quality, and not gimmicky. Like B&D before they fell.

>> No.872391

>>872372
Their corded tools arent anywhere near the build quality of their old USA made stuff.

With that said, their lithium powered cordless tools are pretty decent.
Sad because their old tools were fucking bulletproof.

>> No.872395

>>872373
>DeWalt and B&D are identical.
>Fiat and Maserati are identical.

Fuck off. God damn this rustles me to no fucking end. You can go to the fucking store and pick both up for fucks sake.

>> No.872399
File: 75 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>872395
Do you realise what you are saying?

You're saying the copper winding in the BD is different to the copper winding in the DW.

They're all the same parts just in a different housing and sold different to markets including some features the other doesn't.

>> No.872403
File: 75 KB, 600x387, RIDGID-Vertical-Pancake-Compressor-8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>872399
Hey, can I play too?

>> No.872406

>>872399
>I fucking hope you're not comparing the trash DeWalt consumer line to the old XRP/XR line.
So they add weights into every B&D tool and battery to make it heavier?
What trick do they use to reduce the torque in the B&D impacts?
You know what, fuck this. I'm not getting into this same stupid as fuck argument, you fuckers delude yourself into thinking the cheap shit is good.

>>868521
You're probably this fucking faggot trashing festool

Anyway back to my original example:

>>872399
>Do you realize* what you are saying?

>You are saying the engine in the Maserati is different to the engine in the Fiat.

>They're all the same parts just in a different housing and sold different to markets including some features the other doesn't.

>> No.872416

>>872142
What the fuck were you doing with a ryobi drill to kill it?

My wife uses them to mill gourds and applies a ton of lateral force and it's fucking full of gourd and shit. It doesn't give a fuck. Besides being like ten years old.. Never replaced the brushes either.

>> No.872424

>>872416
Ryobi used to be USA made
Now its just ultra cheap garbage

>> No.872438

>>872403
the handle is obviously not the same ;)
Seriously, though, ryobi may not be us made, it's solid enough for the price

>> No.872481

>>872438
IMO it actually just might be what OP is looking for.

>> No.872488

>>867922
my sides hahaha irwin, omfg irwin

>> No.872489

>>869956
fuel has nothing to do with the batteries, its the motor inside the tool itself which is brushless, and therefore will last longer

>> No.872498

>>868521

Jesus christ what an unbearable faggot. I made it like 6 minutes before I realized he must have no regard for keeping his tools in good working order

>> No.872507

>>872498
His videos have clickbait titles that annoy me, but I generally enjoy watching him rip tools apart and looking at them.

Everyone else on youtube just sucks manufacturers dicks to get free tools sent in.

>> No.872739

>>872489
I guess I wasn't clear enough in my post. The same 4.0 battery lasts about half the time in my old 3/8 impact. The fuel impact lasts easily twice as long...

>> No.872741

>>872739
fuel brushless never needs to be rebuilt either

>> No.872745

>>872739
You were clear, not sure what the guy didnt understand

Im seriously thinking about picking up a m12 fuel.
The nonhammer fuel drill driver with 2 batteries, charger and blown case is on amazon for 140$

I think its a nice size for its power, and I havent had a cordless drill since I threw away my 9.6V Black and Decker I bought probably 15 years ago.

>> No.872745,1 [INTERNAL] 

goataria de saber se você pode mandar fotos de todas as pistolas que forem de pregos. uma delas é a nail gun.