[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 979 KB, 3264x2448, image1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
832806 No.832806 [Reply] [Original]

I recently bought this, is a refillable substitutive to traditional CO2 cartridges, for airsoft.

My question is now, what kind of valve goes in there? I can't find a single reference to which kind of valve goes on the intake of a co2 cartridge powered magazine.

>> No.832835

there's no valve, why would there be a valve?
the ampoule is installed in a chamber and the seal is pierced by a nub as the chamber cap is tightened. the poppet in the firing block is all that holds the gas in once you've pierced the ampoule.

>> No.832865
File: 683 KB, 909x923, Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 19.25.45.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well, you are right, it's not really a valve.

What I call "the valve" is that piercing nub you say.

I think you are describing a chamber in which the whole bulb goes into it. But that's not the case for air handguns, for example, in which the bulb is in open air.

Pic related from a video (shit, It's the first time I have an image for this, you gave me good luck, thanks!), you can see that green thing, That's exactly what I want, but I don't know its technical name, or where to find it. Google hasn't served me well yet.

How is that thing called?

>> No.832882
File: 27 KB, 560x232, fakeco2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>832865
>describing a chamber in which the whole bulb goes

He isn't, the green part is a flexible seal and the co2 cartridge is pushed up against it by a screw on the bottom of the grip or another type of mechanism.

What are you trying to use this for? Are you trying to bulk fill a gun? Usually what you do is use a dummy cartridge (as pictured) tapped with a line going to a paintball co2 tank.

>> No.832894

>>832882

No. What I'm trying to make is an airsoft pistol, like for domestic plinking, I'm trying to keep it as "from scratch" as possible. And my tool of crafting is a (fairly high performance) 3D printer. (I read the sticky, I consider airsoft as not-weapons, and /k/ doesn't really like them, so bear with me please)

I just need that link between the output of the cartridge, and whatever goes above that. I really hope that it goes threaded or something, because that's how I imagined I could use it. My lack of knowledge on the subject is insane, but there's not so much documentation on the subject.

That damn thing doesn't have a name!!! The single link I found was from Rap4. They call it Puncture Pin, but nobody ever refers to it, that way or any other way.

How should I call it so google spits some more results? Would that be hard to craft if everything else fails?

>> No.832895
File: 64 KB, 1001x585, Untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>832882

Cont'd

Pictured is what the valve kind of looks like, you can see it disassembled here.

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.ca/2010_12_26_archive.html

>> No.832898
File: 30 KB, 880x660, 812920.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>832894
Unless you can print high quality threaded parts, 3d printing the valve isn't really going to work and even then the central shaft of the valve requires a precision machined finish to work with the seals.

You can however buy a premade co2 magazine which includes the valve and you can build a body and trigger mechanism around that.

Pictured is an umarex mag.

>> No.832942

>>832895

That's so based man, thanks. What did you google to get such results?

>>832898

Well, it's not like I'm going to print THE valve, obviously. And when it comes to threads, you can just make a slightly smaller hole and force the thread into it. Works fine.

Premade magazines... That could be a good start, until I figure out how that works. I just need to find one cheap enough, and individual.

>> No.832956

>>832806
ok ok ok first things first. link me to this exact product in the first post because i love the idea and i want one.

ok, as for whats it is called, yes it is a puncture pin. there might be a slightly different name , but thats what it is. there is no valve for standard discardable co2 system because the "valve" would be the one time use of puncturing the cartridge.

what you have is a refillable replacement. it was made to use the same style of puncture pin as normal co2, but it does not puncture, it will depress the valve on the co2 and c02 would go through the pin and seal in the same way as a normal c02. its just a pin with a center hole and a seal around the rest. the cartridge is the only thing that moves.

>>832942
youre not going to be able to print these threads or undersized or what ever you are thinking. maybe if you use a threaded insert. but that part of the assembly is going to see a lot of action and the threads will not hold for as long as you want it to.

because you are using a different thing, you can make it similar but not have to be the same and still have it work. .

because you do not need to puncture the cartridge with your refillable cartridge, you do not even need the threaded section depending on how you design it because your c02 has an actual valve inside of it.

but also, dont do c02 mags. they are annoying as fuck in my opinion.

>> No.832961
File: 773 KB, 1280x800, 937475250.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>832894
>They call it Puncture Pin, but nobody ever refers to it, that way
co2 piercing pin

>> No.832962

>>832894
I'm pretty sure /k/ is fine with actual airguns but whatever.

>> No.832967

>>832942
C02 airgun valve or something similar.

Are you trying to make this out of plastic? You know co2 vapor pressures reach over 900psi.

>> No.833200

>>832956
http://www.evike.com/products/50873/
http://www.airsoftworld.net/bb-s-and-other-consumables/airsoft-gas-propellant-green-gas-abbey-gas/12gramme-rechargeable-co2-cartridge-single.html

The brand is PPS (or SHS), they have a lot of resellers in china.

I know durability is not going to be the strong point, but with 3D Printing I don't really mind.

You are right, the cartridge already has a valve, and I could use it as the trigger, instead of imitating the original setup. I just don't know how to do it properly so it doesn't leak. I'm looking for ideas.

These cartridges are poorly made, and right off the bat they leak, unless you change a little O-ring on the valve, and oil the crap out of them.

>>832962

They call them "airshit" :/

>>832967

I'm not filling it with actual co2. I'm using green gas that doesn't go that high on pressure. (5 atm or something...) That's something plastic can handle.

I tell you that, in one of my tries of finding this puncturing pins, I really considered building the damn tank out of plastic, and slap in some actual filling and trigger valves. With safe wall widths, and intelligent print direction, it can be done. I saw some dude on a blog putting 9 atm of co2 in a bulb, and sealing the valve with sink sealant silicone. No leaks.

>> No.833202

>>832962
airGUNS (stuff you can kill rats with) yes
airSOFT (stuff you shoot autists with) no

>> No.833203

>>833202

That's it. I don't want this to kill anything, so I understand they are not going to like it.