[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 69 KB, 854x638, mail.google.com.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
79734 No.79734 [Reply] [Original]

Just made this for my series of homemade christmas presents. What do you think /diy/?

>> No.79740

How did you make that book?

>> No.79742
File: 431 KB, 896x3147, 1320609731068.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>79740
Not OP, but here's the guide I got from here awhile ago. I'm assuming the design on the inside is from gluing down strips of the cut out book.

>> No.79743

NOT OP.
You use wood glue for all the pages then use an Xacto knife to cut it.

>> No.79747

OP here. I used a dremel cutting disk and grinder to smooth out the inner walls of the cut-away. Once done though, it left a rough uneven look. I had hundreds of useless pages, as well as a bowl of craft glue, so I glued that shit to the inside.

>> No.79751

I advise using a bible to make these. It's much easier to cut through the shitty thin-ass paper they use for bibles in half the time it would take to do a normal book, and you can get them for free in almost any hotel room. No one will suspect all your illicit shit is kept in the holy bible. Bonus: this idea is probably deeply offensive to some christfags.

>> No.79752

>>79751
BUENO

>> No.79755

>>79751

I was planning on doing this, but I don't see a reason to use those cheap ass ones.

I'm going to try to find one with a strap.

>> No.79763

>>79751

I use a 100 year old bible with gold pages. Shit's pretty cash and also have the bonus of offending all Christians by keeping weed in there.

>> No.79781

I did one of these and lined it with embossed felt. It looked really damn fancy. I experimented with embedding magnets in the edges a few pages down do keep it closed but the magnets I used weren't strong enough.

>> No.79788

I just finished one of these a couple of days ago. it was a birthday gift for my girlfriend (contained a few small gifts) and currently holds my weed, grinder, papers etc

>> No.79791

>>79788
>gives girlfriend gift
>uses gift for self
stay classy.

>> No.79812

respectable work OP.

>> No.80371

OP here (never really posted before /diy/ came along, so I'm trips now). In a mix of poverty and desire to pull away from the whole "buy herp and derp what they want for the holidays", I've decided to make all my christmas gifts.

Projects soon to be posted include:

-birdfeeder made of kitchenware

-dinnerware windchime

-used tire sandals/bracelets

-(my favorite) A Wasteland 'footlocker' of in-game items (nuka-cola, mentats, jet, posters, etc)