[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 149 KB, 400x360, Wal-Mart_Riot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
73858 No.73858 [Reply] [Original]

black Friday is coming up.
so I gotta ask ya, what tools or materials would you love to see mysteriously appear under the tree?

bear in mind I won't be buying you shit

>> No.73893
File: 78 KB, 500x363, --120000--90969_product_1333187289_thumb_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

endless supply of good quality sewing machine needles
a serger
yards and yards of quality white sateen
fiber reactive procion dyes, and appropriate chemicals
batik stuffs

that is all

>> No.73905

>>73858
Cop killing bullets and heat seaking ammo. The brady bunch keeps saying it exists and I am yet to find it but when I do I will stalk up on it like its the last supper.

>> No.73909

>>73905
Oh /k/ammeraden, me an you both.

>> No.73916

>>73905
Fuckin' lol'd.

>> No.73918
File: 21 KB, 450x333, bathesbagrossmanvoroni.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A My First Semiconductor Fab
A petawatt class laser
A pocket sized milling machine or 3d printer

>> No.73925

A 5 axis CNC mill with swappable heads. Mill for standard stuff, laser and plasma cutters for heavier duty, and a rapid extruder for 3D printing.

>> No.73929

>>73905

It actually used to exist in large numbers and was fucking BAD ASS! I am not much of a gun nut but this would be one thing I would like to have just for shits and giggles.

I remember I think it was like oh twenty or thirty years ago sixty minutes had a segment on this before they started to crack down on ammo.

The most common type was a bullet made out of kevlar. That shit would go through ANYTHING! They had a demmo where a bullet went through twenty fucking phone books!

I am sure like anything else if you ever really wanted it you could find it or make it.

I myself ain't much of a militant type. More like a backwoods redneck just waiting for it all to unwind and I can sit back and smoke my pipe in peace until the world starts to rebuild.

>> No.74643

>>73918
>skaia.jpg

>> No.74651

Metal lathe - and a learning DVD or something
Metal die press and a buch of punches and so on
Copper or brass sheet metal

Actually, what I really want is some copious spare time to go to my woodworking shop and just play with the machine until I get good at it.