[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 1.60 MB, 350x197, what.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
71965 No.71965 [Reply] [Original]

Got any tips for how to get free food along the lines of waiting for resturaunts to toss the stuff out at the end of the day? I'm uh, not courageous enough to dumpster dive.

>> No.71983

You want to get food that's been thrown in the garbage...without going in the garbage?

>> No.71986

go inside before they close and ask.

>> No.71988

FOOD BANK

>> No.72001

If you are that hungry and unwilling to pay, just go to the supermarket and pick at the salad bar until they ask you to leave like I occasionally do when I am stoned.

>> No.72005

>>71965
dumpsterdiving isnt bad at all ive been doing it for 3 years at super america and little cesars just know thier schedules and dont grab anything touching the wall of the dumpster remember that garbage bags DO protect the food ive been grabbing garbage bags of donuts for years and havent even gotten a stomach ache.

>> No.72012

I been getting free food from places for yrs. I usually just go like ten mins before closing and just be polite and ask if they got any thing. Pizza hut gave me a crap load of pizzas (The one near by has a policy that they have to toss it, that they can't take it home....which I think alot of places do that) Also alot of fast food places will toss food alot of the time, like wendys will let their fries sit for like 17 mins I think, after words they all get tossed. You can get alot of neato shit from alot of places. I got a 50 inch flat screen, only thing wrong with it was needed a new bulb. Just find out times places close, go and do a lil detective work, find out when they toss shit.

>> No.72019

>>72012

Fries maybe, but wendys turns all of their old hamburger meat that sits out into chili.

>> No.72021

>>72019

Don't get me started on the meat being turned into chili, when I worked there before joining the military (fucking ages ago) I would burn that chili all the fucking time. Mcdonalds usually will toss theirs depending on their location. My friend goes to this one Mcdonalds and had a nice chat with the manager and crap there. Fucker gained so much weight last four months, all he eats is their dumpster burgers now.

>> No.72137

>>72001

I like you. I think we should be friends.
May i subscribe to your newsletter?

>> No.73863

>>72021
Damn, what did he say to him?

>> No.73871

>>72012
Remember to be polite and don't get mad if they say no. Many of these places end up placing cameras in stores if they think people are stealing, or generally fucking around when they need to be getting shit done.

Some are places are very jewish and count every food container remaining for the day, this is used to help track if people are giving away free food. If a significant amount of food was given away for free this will be detected rather quickly, instead of weeks, or a month down the line when average food expenses are off.

Even cool people that would love to give you that expired food arent going to risk their job ending up on tape breaking the rules when there is an investigation going on. Or throwing off numbers bean counters use to curb theft.

>> No.73963

>>73863

He pretty much told him he is a poor fag, that food is pretty much next to impossible. He was very very polite to the manager, manager told him when they toss stuff. They will bag the good stuff in a MC bag. that he should arrive at these times to pick it up, so he would not have to dig through the dumpster. I think mostly cause they don't want him to get hurt, then lawsuit. So their dumpster burgers is his food now.

>> No.73970

/diy/ - reddit.com/r/frugal