[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 1.84 MB, 2448x3264, lost my shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
696214 No.696214 [Reply] [Original]

Does /diy/ extend to literature?

/lit/ wrote the first definitely-from-4chan novel just the other day (The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra). /diy/ may make things all the time, but this is somewhat of a novelty for most boards.

Has /diy/ ever done any collaborative projects with other anons?

>> No.696216

>>696214
what is this i dont even
no seriously what is this?

>> No.696217

>>696216
see
>>>/lit/5419997

this is actually one of the more lucid parts of the novel

>> No.696222

Doy made a functioning prosthetic thumb once.

>> No.696229

>>696222
that's actually fairly useful

I have an image in my head of an anon bestowing the power of thumbs upon animals that were never meant to have such abilities

>> No.696231

>>696214
its harder for us to collaborate on and end product becase we do not have a shared physical space to work in. A lot of the other boards can collaborate top to tail because everything exists in the digital realm, at most we can find concensus on an idea (like the thumb) and lurk while OP either births it or winds up in hospital with a 2x4 stapled to his forehead.

> dat book doe
is that the result of a "post one word" thread? I could almost envision something coherent as the result if /lit/ did one properly.

>> No.696233

>>696214
>"THE EXPANSE'."
>" '

>> No.696234

>>696231
hurr..
> collaborate on an end product because..
there is a special circle of hell for the guy that designed the text input interfaces on android..

>> No.696237

>>696233
> this illiterate faggot

lrn2quote in quotes

"George bush was a cunt!" he exclaimed. "I knew he had lost the plot when he started on that 'shock and awe' faggotry. Really.. 'shock and awe'." he continued, violently punching himself in the dick from pure rage.

>> No.696238
File: 352 KB, 1583x91, キャプチャ.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>696237
They also fucked up with notice at the top.

>> No.696242

>>696231
Just anons and google docs

>> No.696245

>>696238
You haven't seen shit, man. Parts of this book don't seem to follow any rule of language

>> No.696248

>>696214
I'd say it fits /diy/ since it's not discussing something made by someone somewhere outside of 4chan.

>Has /diy/ ever done any collaborative projects with other anons?
Not sure if this counts but some ~15 years ago I was hospitalized and thus inhumanly bored. So were a few other guys from the ward.
Somewhere along the time while joking around we decided to make a short story. The setting was an extremely deep winter, most of the personnel died on their way due to the snow and everyone in the hospital was stuck there. There was cannibalism, slavery, batman, weird crazy doctor with bloody challenges...
It all turned out longer than we expected. When we got released, we just hid it for the others to find it.
Wonder how good/bad it would look if I got to read it after all these years. Definitely 4chan worthy material though.

>> No.696250

>>696238
While we're at it,
> perfunctory notion of "notice'.

>> No.696255

>has /diy/ ever collaborated?

I guess you could say all those "let's build a commune in the middle of nowhere and band together with our skills to build a self sustaining 'civilization' complete with our own currency" would constitute that. Thankfully, those sorta died out a couple years back after everyone realized they lacked the skills/budget/patience/morals to actually work towards such a goal.

>> No.696283

>>696216
Butterfly and Arrow Girl are namefags on lit

>> No.697203

>>696248
POST IT

>> No.697247

>/lit/ makes a shitty book full of memes
>makes thread on literally ever board on 4chan "SO GUYS LOOK AT WHAT WE DID HAVE YOU GUYS EVER MADE ANYTHING HUH?? HUH???"

>> No.697249

>>696255
Oh man. That first one that started when the board was founded. The guy "in charge" was so damn deluded.

>> No.697255

>>697247
stop bitching

>> No.697536

>>696248
Sounds like a cross between "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and "The Shining".

Would peruse/10

>> No.697560

/p/ made a photo book a long time ago.

Two, apparently.

http://www.blurb.com/b/4145886-p-photo-book-2-0-large

>> No.697574
File: 104 KB, 350x350, a1461552804_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>696214
someone hasn't gone to /mu/
those fuckers make collaborative albums all the damn time, the made a drake and josh vaporwavish album the other day. many laughs were had.
http://millennialdreamcorp.bandcamp.com/
http://www.last.fm/group/VAPORJOSH
>Concept: It's the year 2038 and liquid capitalism has flooded the american landscape. memories are forged and engineered by multi-national corporations. The lower class is pacified by virtual bread and circuses profiteering on nostalgia by selling "revisit kits" that allow the consumer to relive past moments of their lives. Josh Peck, a former child star and semi-succesful b movie actor falls into a deep depression after the suicide of co-star and BFF drake bell. When the speedballs and alcohol cease to numb him he moves onto heavy dissociatives such as ketamine and pcp. He spends the rest of his days in his studio apartment, miles high in the air above the rot of the lower class, fucked up on cough syrup, computer duster, and smoking sherm sticks listening to 2000's pop standards trying to piece together his memories with his best friend. Back when he was a tubby tubby mcflubby, an explotation of overweight kids with lisps. The album will deal with his oprah obsession, his jealousy of drake's looks and bi-curious feelings for the boy, the gamesphere, swearing at little kids on a boat, and the human condition.