[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 61 KB, 470x305, emperor_workstation.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
68643 No.68643 [Reply] [Original]

has anyone thought of building something like this? I dont exactly have 40k to spend on one, but if you dont mind it being a little less pretty i bet one could be had for much less.

A while back i had some plans drawn up for something similar and was going to have a welder do it up for me. I got side tracked at the time but was thinking about it again and thought maybe someone has seen DIY instructions for it or has a good blue print for it?

>> No.68650

For the past few weeks I've been thinking of designing one.

Personally I'm going to make mine inspired by the Evangelion pods.

>> No.68653

It's great until you want to shift a little bit.

>> No.68655

>>68643
How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?

>> No.68658

What is it exactly? From the photos it just looks like a ridiculously over-designed chair.

For $40k it had better suck my dick at least.

>> No.68659

>>68643
OP is actually JP from Grandma's Boy.

>> No.68693

For the last 12 years my friend. Based after battle tech pods. Something that can close, have environmental controls like in a car, a good air filter, sound proofing, a vaporizer, and mini fridge. Is a toilet too much? I know people that could live in a pod like this and you could pack five or six of these a room till the fire marshal got word.

>> No.68719

I designed a frame that was going to end up costing about 3k between parts and labor. It would have been fully functional just not look very pretty. Unless steel beams are your thing. I was hoping to make the monitor mounts some what modular to account for moving the screens or adding more. The chair itself i was going to just part either an office chair or something similar. The basic design is pretty simple and easy, its just a matter of doing it and then making it look not like shit.

I had also considered some ways to make ti all adjustable but again $++ not to mention some sort of controller.

>> No.68722

>>68659
That is pretty much where i originally got the idea. Every since i was little I wanted some kinda nice place to sit and work but grandmas boy brought some focus to the goal. Then I started seeing real world products, of which ive seen about 3. At the end of the day its just not that hard to weld up a frame that would work. The hard part is making it look cool and making it adjustable.

>> No.68732

Lol when I would just use it for 5boxing on world of Warcraft.

Fuck you ally scrubs :D

>> No.68949

>>68650
fuck yeah, wicked idea. do it

>> No.69267

I'm a welder guy or w/e and I fabricate shit at work all the time, spiral stair cases, you name it I can build it, how exactly is building one of these chairs hard?

if you live in west palm florida i can give you a hand on weekends, i wouldn't really charge you for labor, but materials might get expensive, and you might as well make it out of aluminum, something that big out of steel would be ridiculously heavy, and I don't really work with steel.

>> No.69282

i don't get what the fucking point of this thing is

>> No.69293

just buy a gaming chair and then put 3 screnes in fornt of you?

>> No.69298
File: 54 KB, 544x517, e08.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>69293
>gaming chair