[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 2.00 MB, 324x244, 1385261654836.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
626088 No.626088[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hello!

I want to construct a little house for a friendly neighbourhood cat that frequently visits me. I feel bad for him because I often hear him meowing on my porch late at night. I assume his humans have gone to sleep and forgot to let him in.

I'll probably end up borrowing most of the necessary tools, but cost won't be an issue when it comes to the materials.

Honestly, I'm not sure where to start. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction and give some helpful suggestions. I have little experience with carpentry, so I don't expect it to look nice.

Thanks for reading.

GIF unrelated.

>> No.626093
File: 43 KB, 441x336, shelter1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a few cats that like to stay outdoors even in the dead of winter
my wife and I have build a janky little place for them to sleep in the garage by just cutting a hole in the side of a cardboard box, while they're pretty happy with it on it's own I think we're going to upgrade to something similar to this since we had a friend do something similar for his dog
hope this helps a a little if at all!

>> No.626189

>>626093
Wow, this a very creative idea. Great suggestion! I was pondering what to use as a comfy floor--straw sounds like the best idea. I would add one more hole to container if I were you. Cats usually don't like going into places that don't have an escape route.

>> No.626197

>>626088
Plywood is pretty cheap... You can even paint iT afterwards! Maybe Some plexiglas Windows to make iT look like a real house ... You can glue Some of that thin black rugtype stuff to the entire inside to make iT look warm and cozy! If you realy want to step up things, led-strips !!!

>> No.626276

>>626093
The hardest part will be enticing the felines to actually use it.

>> No.627129

>>626276
This is true. But maybe if it's raining out they'll have some sense.

>> No.628424

>>626093
neato

>> No.629506

bump