[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 90 KB, 1500x689, 812KOiwkgxL._SL1500_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
625972 No.625972[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'm redoing a Canoe, and I the seat I have is just like the one in the picture. I want to do the same weave as in the picture even, but with rope. Anyone got any ideas on good rope to use for this, and maybe how much?
(the dimensions of mine are about 1' x 1.5')

>> No.625973

or really any other material, I just want to be able to see the wood on mine some, as it as a nice inlay.

>> No.625985

Shaker tape

Check out The Country Seat dot com

>> No.626005

You can get 3/8" diamond weave rope from Hazard Fraught for under a dollar a foot, in 100' rolls. It's cheap stuff, but for a light duty job like this, it would be fine. I wouldn't guess you'd need more than maybe 20-30' of it, if that.

>> No.626006

>>626005
I'm sorry, I meant under a DIME a foot.

>> No.626015

>>626006
Leather an option? if not.

Got and spruce tree's around you? And a lot of freaking time?

if so.

Make spruce tree root rope, {google has a lot of how toos} will look good with the wood, plus it will last a good while, and the sun doesn't effect it as much as say rope would. only downside I would say was that it can be kind of rough on the buttocks.

>> No.626119

>>625972
done one with hemp rope, not good. Use a good grade of parachute cord. Its water proof and doesn't stretch over time.

>> No.626123

>>626119
>parachute cord
Listen to tis anon OP: parachute cord is the best. I have used it 4 hammocks, securing/binding a full load on bed of truck, etc. not only that, u can cinch it tight, will not unravel, weathers well w/o deterioration, and lasts forever. Great stuff.