[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 95 KB, 939x499, 1387002734173.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
567538 No.567538 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /diy/ I finally built my dream home in the middle of piss nowhere and now I'm bored when my wife leaves. I was thinking of making some alcohol as a new hobby. So show me something easy for now then move on to harder later please.

So to sum it up show me how to make some alcohol easily for now just as a hobby. I'll advance later

>> No.567543
File: 1.82 MB, 1408x3420, 1387003241563.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bump with something simple i saw

>> No.567544

Brewing alcoahal is never hard Anythin with carbohydrtes will d it if you add a little yeestt.

My personal recipy is 4punds of sugar, one squeezed lemon, and a big spoon of bred machine yeest, and a can of tomato past in one of those water cooler tanks filled to top with water).

Some N00b mistakes:
Adding the yast while the liquid is still hot. Oh yah, you want to disolve the sugar in water with a kettlle or something.

Thinking that shaking or stiring makes it go faster. You do this for the first day or so to get yourr yeaast clture big. Then you. let it go. Yeast is majik or something becauise it can breath air and bnoth not air. When it breath not air is when it farts oit alchohol.

I'm drunk right now BtW/

>> No.567547

I guess the current homebrew thread is >>565429

That image is basically this commonly recommended mead recipe. I recommend following this text moreso than that image:
http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_rapidrecipe&page=viewrecipe&Itemid=6&recipe_id=118

IMO dry cider is the easiest thing to make since it's ready after only a month or two, whereas mead sometimes takes over 6 months to taste any good. I don't have a lot of experience with anything besides beer, but this is a dead simple well known dry cider recipe that I have made to some success:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/man-i-love-apfelwein-14860/

>> No.567553

>>567543
NO.

This shit tastes the same as fucking prison hooch. It tastes like chalk and it is the bottom of the barrel shit.

I tried this EXACT picture. No good.

>> No.567557

>>567553
The image seems OK until step 5, which is awful. Step 5 should be more like: leave it alone for 2 months, then refrigerate a couple days to sink the yeast, then siphon (rack) off of yeast to sanitized container, then bottle in sanitized bottles, then age the bottles. If you made it and it tasted like chalk, I'd guess it's because you drank it after 2 weeks and/or you got a shit load of yeast in what you drank because of trying to pour the mead off the top. Or do you think something else went wrong?

>> No.567591

>>567538
try 420chan dewt org and browse /hooch/, there is also brewing info there.

>> No.567710

Buy or make an alembic, OP, it will make your experiments more interesting.
*brewing an absinthe, sambuca and limoncello at home*

>> No.568472

>>567538
just go on amazon and buy a wine kit, they come with instructions