[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 416 KB, 800x1200, mousetrap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
548716 No.548716 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /diy/,

I read some stuff about cheap vodka filtering and how its taste can improve after a few filtrations.

Apparently a simple Brita filter can be used several times to do this.

My question is what would be a good way to set up a homemade filtration system, without buying a Brita filter?

Pic inrelated

>> No.548734

Activated charcoal. Buy from a store that deals with fish, aquariums, and fishtanks.

>> No.548745

https://www.google.nl/search?q=carbon+filter+bottle

My experience is purely anecdotal, though.

>> No.548763

does this work? Will cheap vodka turn into liquid of gods?

>> No.548778

>>548763
Yes, but buying a handle of Phillips and filtering it 10+ times to turn it into Grey Goose, isn't very cost effective.

I make shine and run it through 5 stages. After every batch I move each filter up a stage and retire the first filter. I just use activated charcoal.

>> No.548792

>>548778
Actually, it just filters out the impurities. You will never get Grey Goose taste/texture from filtering rot-gut vodka

>> No.548818

>>548716
yes it works. I filter my shine & it's better than all but the tippety top shelf vodkas.

Just get a fuckin brita already, or a knock-off. They're fairly cheap, it's a reliable way to filter, you get a container that you can filter water into in between filtering vodkas, and you don't have to make it yourself

Don't under any circumstances try to make a charcoal filter for booze with PVC. That shit will melt right out