[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 143 KB, 900x644, John_Marston_by_emicathe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
444735 No.444735 [Reply] [Original]

Hey guys. I got a PC that upon starting up I go to Normal Boot. Now here's the kicker.. Once booted up The screen is black and the Desktop is not showing. Neither is the Task Manager. Now once I go to Safe mode with Network Explorer.exe is not working so I had to run it. Question is... What is wrong with my PC? How can I fix it? Do I have to bring it to the store? Also I have no Windows 7 Installation Dish as I got this as a handmedown.

>> No.444738

Bumping for help

>> No.444740

First, this is /diy/, it can take days for a reply so chill out.

Also, >>>/g/

>> No.444755

you are dumb as fuck.
This sorta shit never happens to non-retards.
Pirate windows and re-install yourself. Go to a shop? Are you fucking retarded?

>> No.444829
File: 48 KB, 429x410, 1278400875009.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

System Restore
SFC /scannow
Combofix
If you don't know what these are, google.

>I have no Windows 7 Installation Dish
>Dish
lel

>> No.445159

don't bring it to the store.

what version of windows do you have?
are there files on the pc you wish to save?

if the screen works in safemode, then it is likely a driver issue. safemode is overkill.

press f8 while booting and, depending on your version of windows, select "enable vga mode" or "Enable low-resolution video"

this should boot windows normally, but bypass your video drivers. everything will be low resolution. if this works, then fix your video drivers via windows update or by manually downloading the correct drivers.

even if this works, i would do a complete restore to clear the hard drive and start fresh.

there are numerous guides on how to do this, but basically:
1) download windows from the pirate bay
2) burn iso to dvd or flash drive
3) boot to installation media and reformat HD
4) install windows
5) connect to internet and install drivers

just make sure you have the windows installation media (working), the windows activator (windows loader), and your networking drivers (lan, wifi, etc.). If you can get that working, then you can get online to download everything else.