[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 29 KB, 468x458, Broseph.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
440374 No.440374 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone ever created anything used for gold mining? I am looking to try out gold mining for a hobby, I don't have much money for the project so it would have to be cheap. Please Reply. :D

>> No.440389

Yes but it has all been small scale and there is little chance, for me anyways, that it will ever pay for itself.

I have built a couple of sluice boxes but they were both made out of wood so they eventually warped and became ineffective. I also built a "dredge" with some used equipment that I picked up. I say "dredge" because it never floated, too much weight and unprofessional floats. It worked though fairly well but could only work near the bank because it did not float.

If you are considering building your own equipment, even if you have some metal working skills then do it as a hobby. Without the proper equipment, knowledge, and more importantly the land then you are never going to produce an income.

That being said a day of hardwork on the river beats sitting in the office 100% of the time. I also fish while I prospect so 2 birds one stone there.