[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 177 KB, 640x513, m31big.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
42448 No.42448 [Reply] [Original]

Good ideas to decorate my bedroom without spending too much money?
I like astronomy, physics, kittens and fairytales. Kind of weird to mix the first two with the last two but I don't want it to be too serious, soulless or boring. So weird is ok.
I'm a girl

>> No.42459

just wanted to say you sound adorable OP

>> No.42462

>I'm a girl.
If /diy/ is worth anything, this will hit page 15 without a snag.

>> No.42470

Pokemon cards on the wall. But on a serious note. There is a such thing as chalkboard paint. Buy it, paint your walls into chalkboards, chalk it up breh. Have fun.

>> No.42473

>>42459
oh
thanks
thanks for the bump too

>> No.42476

Glow stars. Periodic table poster. Tonnes of cat pics on here to print.

>> No.42478

Paste a huge galaxy poster/paste glow stars in the ceiling. Do a huge periodic table with picture of the elements. Do a huge kitty drawing/paste a picture.

>> No.42491

A planetarium projector perhaps.

>>42459
Hmm yup ;-)

>> No.42494

>>42478
you could do that with a program called Rasterbator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiled_printing

>> No.42498

Board confirmed for fucking doomed.
Enjoy your shithole.

>> No.42510

>>42498
you sound like a 16 years old who should go back to /b/

>> No.42514

>>42510
>a 16 years old
You sound adorable, anon.

>> No.42520

OP here, thanks for the suggestions, I didn't know about chalk pain or that Rasterbator program, thanks a lot!

>> No.42866

Why is everyone in this thread so damn adorable?

>> No.42885
File: 61 KB, 336x400, can curtain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A girl on the internet! How dare she!

Make this out of cut-up soda cans

>> No.42893

astronomy + physics + at least 600$ = fucking RAD room.

astronomy + physics + at least 600$ + cats = kill it with fire!

There are some things that just don't fit. It's one of them. Also, if you're a girl, it's best to keep it to yourself on the internets.

>> No.42899

>astronomy, physics, kittens and fairytales
Sweet you're me, except the fairytales thing.
Kittens are obvious stuff but astronomy is the fun part, you-
>I'm a girl
Fuck off.

>> No.42911

>astronomy
>kittens

NYANYANYANYAANANAYANAYA

>> No.42929
File: 851 KB, 1000x1924, 1289375018297.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

here u go OP. found this among rapidshares

>> No.42945

>>42929

It's a decent one - although dat luminescent stars are fugly. Also the ceiling looks weird - glowpaint is great for it, although it's hard to do by yourself (you can try as much as you'd like however)

If you have some extra to spend, use fiber optic cables - they're awesome, you can put them anywhere, they're not THAT expensive (not to say they're cheap), and if you care how much energy it'll eat, it's next to free later on.

Seeing as about 90% of the lights in my room are fiber optics, I've acquired one specialized illuminator for it - I can basically use it to get any color I want in my room - but that fucker is expensive, so look at some used one if you're interested.

>> No.42948
File: 3 KB, 126x104, 1314050594923s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>42945
Man, I'm really interested. Can you post a pic of your room? Or maybe some tips on optic fibers? Sounds effin fantastic.

>> No.42975

>>42929
How do you manage to sleep in something like that? It's so distracting.

>> No.42982

>>42948

Sorry, but currently I'm on a two-week holiday and no pics with me.

Pretty much only thing that you have to worry about is that they actually are positioned correctly, emit light as they should (some of them actually refract 100% of light, so it's less than useful), and that your light source has enough strength to it. One major problem is positioning - if you want to light your whole room with it, you have to plan it from the beginning, as basically all of the cables go from one place.

Plus is, you can do AMAZING things with it - random things with water work especially well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_unb8i-fp50 is child's play with fibers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVBDxjk8T60&feature=related Just make some plexiglass cylinder, run some water stream against something to create some effect similar to what happens near waterfall (that mist spreading around), run a few light-cables, and be knee-deep with impressed bitches. It'll look even better than the one in the vid, as it's stationary here.

Honestly, it's the most awesome thing I decided to do with my room ever. When you can spend a bit of cash at the beginning, you can do alot of awesome things dirt-cheap after it.

>> No.43607

those glow in the dark stars>>42929 are pretty neat
in my country I get them cheap at chinese stores
turns out I can only sleep in absolute darkness so I put them away, they glow like hell