[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 22 KB, 403x403, datbooty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
423687 No.423687 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /diy/, my 'certified forced air furnace with cooling unit' isn't working properly. ive had problems in the past with it (made in 1991) but dont have the funds to call some dude out here to diddle with it for 10 minutes and charge me 80 bucks.

I replaced the batteries in the thermostat (it was flashing low battery) and reset the breakers. It was only blowing cold air last night or no air at all. After replacing the batteries it appears to be working now but the fan blades on the blower outside aren't moving. I was wondering if this was normal (i know it is crucial for the A/C) for heating.

Also; if you guys had any ideas or tips for cleaning it that would make it run more efficiently I'm all ears. THANKS!

>> No.423695

>>423687
The 'blower' is the compressor, not going to try to explain it unless you really ask, it makes air cold. It will not be on as it does not heat, unless the compressor is used in reverse to heat. If you have a furnace or coils in the I side unit for heating then the spinner blade thingy (conpressor) will not be on as it is needed only for Coling

>> No.423704

>>423695
Thanks man. I was doing some online research myself and concluded the same. Do you have any tips for cleaning or maintenance? I got a feeling this thing's not gonna last another winter.

>> No.423717

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBaksvm8NDY

>> No.424324

>>423687

God damn dat ass.