[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 95 KB, 400x400, beyonce-doyouevenlift.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
422816 No.422816 [Reply] [Original]

So I've been meaning to rearrange the furniture in my room for the longest time to create a haven that's more relaxed and less... cramped.

Problem is, no one wants to bother helping me out, so I'm on my own. I also have a lot of shit piled up on all my furniture. Whether it's figurines, action figures, toys, picture frames, dolls, art supplies, books, and of course there's the shitload of clothing in my drawers. The thing that sucks is, my parents don't want me to pile anything in another room, even if it's just temporary.

I have no idea where to start, how to plan everything out, what to do first, etc. Or when to put the time out to do this because it doesn't seem like it could be done in one day, and I'm occupied a lot with college and work.

I guess I'd also want to paint my room and replace my furniture, but I definitely don't have time for that, so I'm just gonna rearrange what I already have for now.

Also, how does one lift heavy furniture by herself?

>> No.422859
File: 266 KB, 930x698, stylish otaku room.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bumpin with room inspiration

>> No.422869

remove the drawers or shelves and if you aren't able to do that just take all the stuff out of it.
Its also helpful to get some of those slider things to put under the legs of the furniture, it makes it really easy to push across carpet.
Remember to take it easy and slow. Make sure to have your path to where you want to move it cleared and walk it over if you have to (lift/push one site over then do the other like that etc)
When I want to something like that I just pick a day I don't have much to do and lots of free time and just do it. If you don't have much time then you might want to just move one peace at a time.

>> No.422898

>Problem is, no one wants to bother helping me out,
So you don't have any friends in other words.

> and I'm occupied a lot with college and work.
And yet you live with your parents.

>Also, how does one lift heavy furniture by herself?
Sigh~
Take it apart. Pretty much the only legit question you asked in the your whole post.

Take the drawers out of the cupboards with the clothes already in them. Move the cupboard alone then reinsert the cupboards. There's a good chance you're gonna scratch your floor if you're doing it alone because you'll be pushing instead of lifting so try to put a rag under them if you can and push them with the rag under them.

>> No.422912

>>422898
>And yet you live with your parents

Could be a local college brah

>> No.422915

>>422859
>stylish otaku room
Is there really such a thing?

>> No.422921

>>422915
Depends.

Personally I like this one.
http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/25960/Worldwide+rooms+-+Tigra+from+Poland.html

If you're creative enough, you can find a way to make your collection accentuate your room and become part of the decor, instead of just piling them up on shelves and cases that makes your place look cluttered.

>> No.423043

If you don't yet know where to move stuff, make out a plan before you start.
It helps me if I get a piece of graphing paper and draw everything like it is with estimated or exact measurements and sketch out what could fit where etc.
If you live with your parents you might could get them to help with the larger stuff.

>> No.423047

>>422921
so much dead weight, and that guy from Switzerland. Jesus.

>> No.423074

>>423047
This guy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XStTAiiwDEw

>> No.423236

>>423074
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XStTAiiwDEw
....what did I just watch

I wonder what /toy/ thinks about this.