[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 57 KB, 375x360, imageMain_6_671.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
365233 No.365233 [Reply] [Original]

Have you ever started typing a reply to someones post and realize that even though you could help, the way they asked made you feel like you were wasting your time, so you just closed the browser?

>> No.365238

no, i usually read the question 3-5 times before answering. on the 2nd readthrough i got the same phenomena you just described, however, but on the 5th one i decided to tell you about it.
also sage

>> No.365239

Yes.

>> No.365256
File: 624 KB, 557x515, 1318158184088.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yes, this has happened to me many times, not just on /diy/.

Sometimes it's when I realize the answer is readily available on Google to anyone who's been on the internet longer than a week.
Most of the time it's because they came off as a faggot and I don't want to help someone who's unfunny, rude or has bad motives.
A few weeks ago someone asked how they could hide a camera to film having sex with unsuspecting partners or something. That's despicable behavior, so I wouldn't help.

>> No.365259

not wanting to deal with captcha prevents me from responding 2/3 of the time

>> No.365318

Most of the time this just happens when I'm angry as fuck and about to write some caustic diatribe about how they're an enormous faggot.

For some reason when I'm sober, the mania carries me through and I end up saying something and giving no fucks. But when I'm high I get all paranoid about the negative reaction to what I'm about to say, then I get all "what's the point in fighting, man?" and don't post anything.

>> No.365427

probably about 4 out of 5 times related to electronics threads

>> No.365442

>>365256
I've only been on /diy/ about 6 months, but I noticed immediately it has a prominent 'moralfag' crowd. Other boards have them as well, but /diy/ is much more likely to sage you out than help you on anything they find suspicious or in bad taste. Other boards tend to either go along with it, or just let the thread be.

>>365259
Also this.

>>365318
>then I get all "what's the point in fighting, man?"
Now you know why it's illegal. Da gubimant dun liek passive populations that pass up a fight when it isn't worth it.

>> No.365453

>>365442
Moralfag keeps us out of jail, and some of our readers out of the hospital, plus asking US to hide shit in YOUR house is retarded. Some of us know how to DIY some shit that have extremely limited public applications. And by US I mean posters on this board, and YOUR was speaking in a general of people asking for help on how to be sneaky, not directly about you or your house nor anything that may or may not be hidden within either.

saged, cause honey badgers really don't give a fuck

>> No.365454

If the OP seems shady or too lazy to do his own research, I won't help. People like that are too stupid to do anything on their own, which is why it's pointless to offer any advice. Even if they follow your advice, they'll be right back here again, asking for someone to tell them what the next step should be. If you're going to do something yourself, you need to be able to think for yourself, and some people just can't.

>> No.365500

>>365454
This. Or people who reject common sense responses.

I get enough of that at work. I'm an Autozone manager and I get sick of telling the same person over and over "you need a working alternator or this battery will keep going dead" as they bark angrily at me about the warranty.

>> No.366277

Nothing makes me madder than this; a person with no experience in electronics asking how to do something that typically takes a couple months/years to learn.

If its obvious then I just don't give a fuck and move on. But what kills me is when they don't reveal immediately that they know nothing. So you type out a carefully worded helpful response and then it turns out to be pointless and I just wasted my precious time I could have wasted on something else.